India politics thread

Interval

Level
Right now all i am worried about is my parents who have pre-existing condition. I can understand why people are angry. What benefit will i get by blaming someone who is innocent in all this? Most of the people who have actually died are Muslims who attended the congregation themselves and they have mostly infected their own family members.

Hatred and bigotry is not exclusive to one community as it is often represented here and other social media sites. Playing the victim card always is what has led to this situation (be it of any religion).
This is all Amol et all are trying to say from the begining

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
I just hope sane minded people don't break the social distancing, and government and authorities are able to take care of people, doctors/nurses and all the work force like police, electric people, water people, all those who are working now.

I think this isn't the time to do politics and religion game, woh corona ke baad continue ho sakta hai, agar duniya rahe toh.

Religious nutjobs whether those preaching cow urine as cure for corona or those advocating that Corona is from Quran so saacha Musalmaan will not be harmed, should all be jailed. We all saw how one stupid cult was responsible for South Korea's speedy transmission.

Trolling that is happening of all Muslims because of Nizamuddim, is not fair, and those dumbasses hating on all Muslims is not good.

But let us also understand that bashing those idiots in Nizamuddim is not hating all Muslims either. Just like me criticising Chakrapani or that recent rally of some Hindu god in Maharastra where dumbasses where beating police, is not hating on all Hindus. See bigot idiots are everywhere and opportunistic social media and political figures take this as an opportunity to vilify a whole community. But that shouldn't create a sense of sympathy for any of the Chakrapanis or these Nizamuddim leaders.

Because it is okay, that during the time of gathering, the knowledge of social distancing wasn't as much as it is now. So we can give breather for them on that. But let us please not overlook that the behaviour of those involved hasn't been that of a noble citizen. And calling them out for that, isn't Islamophobia. Nor is calling out idiots for cow urine cure stuff or thali bajane se corona darr jayega stuff Hinduphobia, but supporting one and bashing another, than sorry you are definitely a bigot.

Anyways hope those religious nutjobs who are not cooperating with authorities and medical people, be jailed post treatment or even shot, less religious nutjobs will make the world a better place anyways.

RedDevil@84

:lol: :lol:
Missed the live talk. But seriously, is that all the cheer Leader said??

Pretty sure the covidiots are going to go on top of their terraces and burst crackers on Sunday 9PM.

Next time you see a hungry worker struggling to go back to his hometown, let us light a candle for him/her.

Lord SInister

Pretty sure the covidiots are going to go on top of their terraces and burst crackers on Sunday 9PM.
Only relieve is this time he stressed that don't go out of the house.

While I don't see these things as bad or something unnecessary, cringy yes as hell, but it does lift up the morale and we have seen during Junta Curfew, people did came together (no not those idoits who went on streets), but the majority who used this to show solidarity. But my issue is if this things were alongside some strong plans it would have been great. he isn't talking about any concrete steps, it seems like BJP is just using him for his immense popularity to divert issues.

RedDevil@84

Whatsapp is going to burn with the "Imagine what will happen to corona from the heat from 130 crore lamps" forwards in 3...2....1

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I just hope sane minded people don't break the social distancing, and government and authorities are able to take care of people, doctors/nurses and all the work force like police, electric people, water people, all those who are working now.

I think this isn't the time to do politics and religion game, woh corona ke baad continue ho sakta hai, agar duniya rahe toh.

Religious nutjobs whether those preaching cow urine as cure for corona or those advocating that Corona is from Quran so saacha Musalmaan will not be harmed, should all be jailed. We all saw how one stupid cult was responsible for South Korea's speedy transmission.

Trolling that is happening of all Muslims because of Nizamuddim, is not fair, and those dumbasses hating on all Muslims is not good.

But let us also understand that bashing those idiots in Nizamuddim is not hating all Muslims either. Just like me criticising Chakrapani or that recent rally of some Hindu god in Maharastra where dumbasses where beating police, is not hating on all Hindus. See bigot idiots are everywhere and opportunistic social media and political figures take this as an opportunity to vilify a whole community. But that shouldn't create a sense of sympathy for any of the Chakrapanis or these Nizamuddim leaders.

Because it is okay, that during the time of gathering, the knowledge of social distancing wasn't as much as it is now. So we can give breather for them on that. But let us please not overlook that the behaviour of those involved hasn't been that of a noble citizen. And calling them out for that, isn't Islamophobia. Nor is calling out idiots for cow urine cure stuff or thali bajane se corona darr jayega stuff Hinduphobia, but supporting one and bashing another, than sorry you are definitely a bigot.

Anyways hope those religious nutjobs who are not cooperating with authorities and medical people, be jailed post treatment or even shot, less religious nutjobs will make the world a better place anyways.
This is exactly what my point is. TJ has done this willfully not only in India, but in Indonesia, Pakistan and if i am not mistake even in Malaysia by openly flouting rules of social distancing and calling it a conspiracy.

Lord SInister

This is exactly what my point is. TJ has done this willfully not only in India, but in Indonesia, Pakistan and if i am not mistake even in Malaysia by openly flouting rules of social distancing and calling it a conspiracy.

The thing is hate always overcomes logic, all the morons who are making racist posts against Muslims have overtaken the logical criticism of the Nizamuddim TJ, and than when politics is involved, main issue always get under the carpet. I mean TJ is not the sole incident, but there are many places where religious groups are not taking this seriously, and because of that people are defending TJ with whataboutary. And it is sad, because more than people are concerned about Corona, people are more into "liberals hating bhakts" and vice versa. So you will see even so called educated people supporting and defending the likes of Chakrapanis and these Nizamuddim TJs.

And I am sure you will see much stupidity during this Navratri and Ram Navmi season, plus this advance Diwali from Hindus, and people who are now saying "dont bring religion in this" for Nizamuddim, and people are who are bashing Muslims as a whole, will change their stances and defend and attack from opposite side. This world will never change, corona or no corona.

Last edited:

Lord SInister

Some steps taken by Govts(State/Central) in last two days.
Domestic indigenous manufacturing of N-95 masks has been stepped up: Health ministry
16:40 (IST), APR 02
Orders placed for over 1.5 cr personal protective equipment (PPEs), supply has already started: Health ministry

16:12 (IST), APR 02
Anyone making false claim on any matter can be punished up to 2 years of jail with fine and laws: Home secretary to states

Anyone obstructing enforcement of lockdown could be punishable for jail term of up to 2 years: Home secretary to states

Around 3.25 lakh migrant labourers in state-run shelters across Maharashtra: Tope
15:58 (IST), APR 02
Maharashtra govt to use blood samples instead of swabs in rapid tests for Covid-19 detection: Tope
15:52 (IST), APR 02
Centre has allowed Maharashtra to conduct rapid Covid-19 tests to expedite detection: Health minister Rajesh Tope

coolredwine

lameredboots
The problem is that all those things have consequences and repercussions. We all saw what happened in Delhi in February and now this:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Where is the Tablighi Jamaat centre in Nizamuddin? Is it close to the Dargah?

2cents

Scout
Basically neighbours
Interesting. The Tablighis kind of disapprove of the devotional practices that go on in the dargah, would that be correct?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You are not allowed to attend religious congregation on tourist visa. This information that foreigners are attending event has to be shared especially when foreign nationals were being asked to self isolation. It was only when people started dying all across the country that link was found. Even then it was known the actual number of people residing inside the place. Tourist visa are quite normal and there is no "big conspiracy" here. Also let me tell you that police actually don not want to go that area and do patrolling for whatever reason. This issue is not just exclusive to Nizzamuddin, its common theme across the country. Whether it is right or wrong or even speculate about the reason, i am under no position to do that, but its the sad reality of the situation that we have in this country. Most of these religious congregation (be it of any religion) dont ask for permission because they know they have enough political and social support, that they can get away with it.
As per thePrint, workers of this missionary event were previously blacklisted in 18/19 for VISA violations. It's an enormous event carried out on a global scale. While nobody is touting a conspiracy theory here, the authorities should have red flagged this and any other major congregation beforehand. If we want to improve our response we have to find a way to plug the gaps. And this appears to have been a gap. Merely calling them terrorists won't do. And cops steering clear of Muslim populated areas won't either (although many appear to be around the premise going by images).

Those who have violated rules and committed a crime need to face the law. However as a country what's in our hands is our checks and balances. And this appears to have gone largely unchecked.

TJ has been accused of harboring terrorist and perpetuating archaic form of Islam even before this event. Lets not pretend they are just missionaries as being portrayed by certain journalist (tweet above as an example).
Accused like everybody who is critical of the government as being anti national, or genuinely based on facts? If we have substantial proof then we should to after them as with any other criminal outfit. We shouldn't tarnish a community on the basis of one such outfit who also should not be taint them without concrete basis.

The issue is simple, certain section of media and twitter trolls is attacking Muslims for this event since it was Islamic Congregation, if it was an RSS or other Hindu event, certain section of media, twitter trolls and liberal activist would be doing exactly same. Polarization is on both side. In both cases, normal people like us get screwed.

Right now all i am worried about is my parents who have pre-existing condition. I can understand why people are angry. What benefit will i get by blaming someone who is innocent in all this? Most of the people who have actually died are Muslims who attended the congregation themselves and they have mostly infected their own family members.

Hatred and bigotry is not exclusive to one community as it is often represented here and other social media sites. Playing the victim card always is what has led to this situation (be it of any religion).
Hatred, bigotry, sexism etc is pervasive across all communities, countries and religions. However the degrees to which it is engrained differs. Women for example are better of in the Us as compared to India infinitely so as compared to the middle East or parts thereof. These things are eradicated through education, development and building a strong value system in your society.

However, where it becomes increasingly problematic is where the institutions and those controlling them, are themsleves racist, bigoted etc. That's an even more daunting problem. And that's where the BJP come in. They're represent an institutional hatred and bigotry based on an an inherent bias/ideology, that I've not seen before in India, at least not on this scale and not this brazen. We've always had mediocrity or corruption in our politics and that continues. However their core ideology is itself distasteful and that will and is polluting into the societal mindset in general - bringing our the racists into a welcoming and emboldening environment , and carving out a new generation full of such loons. Is the right evil and the right saintly? These sort of arguments are boring and simplistic. There are bad people everywhere. There can be a racist or rapist in the AAP, Congress or TMC as well. But this is the first time I've seen a power take such a strange hold of the country that I so strongly disagree with in their basic principals - fascism, authoritarianism, majoritarianism, racism, and anti-illectual (ism?). There's a cocktake that makes for a new India that I definitely won't be happy to see

AshRK

I will sound like a broken record but the country badly needs a rejuvenated Congress under a new leader. There are many people who are not even bjp supporters or.modi supporters but are voting for him because they do not want to see Rahul Gandhi as their leader. I don't see that changing next time too. Modi will again win by default if Rahul again stands opposite to him.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Interesting. The Tablighis kind of disapprove of the devotional practices that go on in the dargah, would that be correct?
The school of thought of the Deobandis, though having great respect for the Sufi tradition and still alive within the movement (although this is decreasing to an extent). Basically, believe the route to Allah is discovered through emulation and ways of the Prophet’s life - living according to the shәri’at. The Barelvis, on the other hand, place added faith in the Sufi route which according to classical Shariah theologians some practices crosses the boundaries of Shirk (ascribing partners to God) in different forms which Allah has set. Obviously, the few lines I have written would constitute an oversimplification on the differences. Very likely need to write a whole thesis on the differences.

Foxbatt

I will sound like a broken record but the country badly needs a rejuvenated Congress under a new leader. There are many people who are not even bjp supporters or.modi supporters but are voting for him because they do not want to see Rahul Gandhi as their leader. I don't see that changing next time too. Modi will again win by default if Rahul again stands opposite to him.
That I agree with you. But who in Congress would the public accept?

AshRK

That I agree with you. But who in Congress would the public accept?
No idea about that. For that they need to project a new face who is not rahul or maybe project more than one face. And they have to do it from now. In fact they should have started from last year. You cannot bring a new face for the public to back just 6 months before the general election.

Right now I don't see anything different from congress. Although rahul resigned (apparently) but it's him who still seems to be the face of the party. The fact that we don't even know about other significant leaders that the party has, shows how much behind they are from the reality.

Foxbatt

No idea about that. For that they need to project a new face who is not rahul or maybe project more than one face. And they have to do it from now. In fact they should have started from last year. You cannot bring a new face for the public to back just 6 months before the general election.

Right now I don't see anything different from congress. Although rahul resigned (apparently) but it's him who still seems to be the face of the party. The fact that we don't even know about other significant leaders that the party has, shows how much behind they are from the reality.
What do you think of Dr. Shashi Tharoor? He won his seat in Kerala by a huge margin when most people expected him to lose. I know that internationally he is very famous. I know he is notorious in India.

RedDevil@84

If anyone from Congress becomes too influential, BJP is gonna buy them off. So hey ho

RedDevil@84

What do you think of Dr. Shashi Tharoor? He won his seat in Kerala by a huge margin when most people expected him to lose. I know that internationally he is very famous. I know he is notorious in India.
His own party members hate him. Too intellectual. He is alive in Congress because he is just limiting himself to Kerala. If he tries to take over national politics, he will get kicked out.

AshRK

He could be a good shout Even modi was notorious figure before he got elected so that would not be an issue. Although I am not sure how good his Hindi is( not that it should matter but masses.may want that). But as I said for that to work they need to start projecting that from now itself. Rahul has to take a back seat. Because even when he speaks sense people do not take him seriously and sadly I don't see that changing.

Foxbatt

I did meet Rahul sometime back. He is not a charismatic figure. He was with Sachin Pilot and his wife Sara Abdullah. Just the three of them. Sachin was much more charismatic than Rahul.

Lord SInister

The problem is that all those things have consequences and repercussions. We all saw what happened in Delhi in February and now this:

We need to understand we don't live in an ideal world. It is filled with people who have immense hatred and just need an excuse to express it. Every action has overreaction. I had already discussed Delhi riots and my view on that, and we basically agreed on something and disagreed on other. While I wasn't cool that day, by calling you guys Islamist sympathizers(m*r*ns was for leftist media, not you guys), so sorry guys.

See the lowlifes and their bigots reaction in the link you posted is absolutely m*r*nic, but do the fear of such reactions mean we overlook the idiocy of Nizamuddim incident? See social media and media, just needs punching bags, first it was the unruly NRIs, than it was Kanika, than it was thaali in the road gang, than it was Kejru(for Bhakts)/Modi-Yogi for liberals during migration mishap and now it is the Nizamuddim guys. And people's overreaction will always be there, but that doesn't mean we fearing the consequences, not question people. Because overreaction is always there, their were many posts which said shoot these idiots, during the thaali in the road stupidity, or give them gaumutra and cow dung jibes. During Kanika's case, there were many who wanted her dead. This things is always there in social media. And it is something which can be cannot controlled.

I know some may will take this a justification of the hatred Muslims are getting from bigots, but it is not. I am just saying that world isn't Utopia, and there are bigots who just need an excuse. And religion game is already there with the people, they need someone who poke it out, and our left and right media are both doing that well.

Lord SInister

Could I ask you why? I thought he doesn't like the BJP? Is he that unpopular in India?
He is unpopular with Bhakts, but Bhakts are stupid, and can be easily won over, by just chanting Jai Shree Ram, and saying few good things about Indian culture.

Issue is Congress doesn't want anybody intelligent and charismatic to lead the party, because it will hurt the Gandhi dynasty.

Foxbatt

We need to understand we don't live in an ideal world. It is filled with people who have immense hatred and just need an excuse to express it. Every action has overreaction. I had already discussed Delhi riots and my view on that, and we basically agreed on something and disagreed on other. While I wasn't cool that day, by calling you guys Islamist sympathizers(m*r*ns was for leftist media, not you guys), so sorry guys.

See the lowlifes and their bigots reaction in the link you posted is absolutely m*r*nic, but do the fear of such reactions mean we overlook the idiocy of Nizamuddim incident? See social media and media, just needs punching bags, first it was the unruly NRIs, than it was Kanika, than it was thaali in the road gang, than it was Kejru(for Bhakts)/Modi-Yogi for liberals during migration mishap and now it is the Nizamuddim guys. And people's overreaction will always be there, but that doesn't mean we fearing the consequences, not question people. Because overreaction is always there, their were many posts which said shoot these idiots, during the thaali in the road stupidity, or give them gaumutra and cow dung jibes. During Kanika's case, there were many who wanted her dead. This things is always there in social media. And it is something which can be cannot controlled.

I know some may will take this a justification of the hatred Muslims are getting from bigots, but it is not. I am just saying that world isn't Utopia, and there are bigots who just need an excuse. And religion game is already there with the people, they need someone who poke it out, and our left and right media are both doing that well.
There are bigots on all sides. But the space for bigots to operate are given by various governments. This is not particular to India alone. Religion is used by politicians for their own purpose. The cannon fodder is the ordinary people of any country.
When you have people like Subramaniun Swamy saying openly where there is Muslims they are trouble it's opening the door for those bigots in India.

Foxbatt

He is unpopular with Bhakts, but Bhakts are stupid, and can be easily won over, by just chanting Jai Shree Ram, and saying few good things about Indian culture.

Issue is Congress doesn't want anybody intelligent and charismatic to lead the party, because it will hurt the Gandhi dynasty.
I agree with you it's time the Gandhi dynasty is put away. For the sake of India and all her neighbours too.

Lord SInister

There are bigots on all sides. But the space for bigots to operate are given by various governments. This is not particular to India alone. Religion is used by politicians for their own purpose. The cannon fodder is the ordinary people of any country.
When you have people like Subramaniun Swamy saying openly where there is Muslims they are trouble it's opening the door for those bigots in India.

Well just like Swamy, there are many in opposition likes of Owasi, who aren't exactly supporting the cause by making inflammatory speeches. As you said bigots are everywhere, and it is not an easy task to deal with them. Plus history always plays a role, and treatment of Hindus in muslim majority Kashmir, Pakistan and Bangladesh, always has that impact in the psyche of the people, which cannot be erased so easily. The fear of majority Muslims= death and mistreatment of minorities comes from these historical thing. And this is not just doing of BJP, it has been done since ages by every party in India. The problem is people are communal, and that is exploited by political parties and supposedly intellectual people are also biased, so there is no bright future.

AshRK

Well just like Swamy, there are many in opposition likes of Owasi, who aren't exactly supporting the cause by making inflammatory speeches. As you said bigots are everywhere, and it is not an easy task to deal with them. Plus history always plays a role, and treatment of Hindus in muslim majority Kashmir, Pakistan and Bangladesh, always has that impact in the psyche of the people, which cannot be erased so easily. The fear of majority Muslims= death and mistreatment of minorities comes from these historical thing. And this is not just doing of BJP, it has been done since ages by every party in India. The problem is people are communal, and that is exploited by political parties and supposedly intellectual people are also biased, so there is no bright future.
The issue is the hatred is spread from both sets, rights and the so called liberals. The media is just making it worse by generalizing things. It's sad even now the hindu muslim argument is going on and sadly I cannot see it going away especially when you have fools from both sides making it sure it is about religion.

2cents

Scout
The school of thought of the Deobandis, though having great respect for the Sufi tradition and still alive within the movement (although this is decreasing to an extent). Basically, believe the route to Allah is discovered through emulation and ways of the Prophet’s life - living according to the shәri’at. The Barelvis, on the other hand, place added faith in the Sufi route which according to classical Shariah theologians some practices crosses the boundaries of Shirk (ascribing partners to God) in different forms which Allah has set. Obviously, the few lines I have written would constitute an oversimplification on the differences. Very likely need to write a whole thesis on the differences.
I’m just wondering why they set up shop right next to the dargah, it seems a little bit provocative. Anyway it has nothing to do with this.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Whats with this one sided posting? These were health workers that were on a mission to conduct contract tracing in a muslim area. The muslims actually threw stones at them. Does anyone want to have a go at defending this action? This is the worst of the lot:
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/vid...patient-tracking-in-indore-1662481-2020-04-02

The national security advisor had to personally visit the Jamaat to convince them to come out and be tested:
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...sa-ajit-doval-intervention-1662090-2020-04-01

The tablighis that were admitted to the hospital were misbehaving with the nurses:
https://swarajyamag.com/insta/tabli...nd-will-not-be-spared-says-cm-yogi-adityanath

And here's an article from a left leaning website:
https://theprint.in/opinion/pov/dea...ime-against-humanity-dont-defend-them/392698/

Anyone with a head should lampoon these tablighi idiots, their religion shouldn't get them a free pass. There was a lot of anger against Kanika Kapoor as well when it turned out she didn't quarantine herself.