Film Indiana Jones 5

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I watched the first two again recently. Never seen the 4th. Makes me sad they’re continuing to milk it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I also watched them recently, forgotton how cartooney the second was.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Oh man, Harrison Ford is 137 years old.

I do like the trademark Indy punch sound effect though. Nice to see the trailer is laced with it.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Indiana Jones in Why Won't They Just Let Me Die?

Indiana Jones in The Temple Of Ceaseless Resuscitation.

Herman Toothrot

This looks great. Let's hope they give him a good send-off after the disappointment of Kingdom of The Crystal Skull, which, unimportantly, came out the day after our last Champions League Final win.

Chairman Steve

I want to like it but I can see it being ordinary as feck and forgettable.

Don’t forget Spielberg was reluctant to do Crystal Skull and if hes just an executive producer on this, then my expectations are dampened even further.

James Mangold can write good stuff (Cop Land is a hugely underrated film in my opinion) but who knows what speed bumps he’ll encounter in the Disney creative committee machine.

Parma Dewol

Expectations are really low and that trailer hasn't helped. Think I'll wait for this one to arrive on streaming.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
But apart from the pervasive racist tropes it was fun
I like Temple of Doom, it's different to the other two and although she screams a lot Willy is a fun character, Plus we get short round for the entire film and he's a fecking legend. It has fun, doesn't take itself too seriously and opens up with a banger of an intro.

It's why the trilogy works so well imo, each film is pretty different and although the 1st and 3rd use Nazis as the enemies, it has an interesting cast to make them feel different and unique. Personally I think they're the pinnacle of popcorn adventure films.

Chairman Steve

Crystal Skull could have been a 4/10 Star Wars prequel bad movie but Spielberg made it a respectable 7/10 movie in my opinion.

But yeah that’s a bit disheartening to see low scores early on. Yet another beloved IP bastardized by Disney.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Crystal Skull could have been a 4/10 Star Wars prequel bad movie but Spielberg made it a respectable 7/10 movie in my opinion.

But yeah that’s a bit disheartening to see low scores early on. Yet another beloved IP bastardized by Disney.
Yeah it was shambolic in most aespects but it was decently entertaining which is what these movies are about at the end of the day.

Also it at least gave indy a rather happy closures which was nice.

Fully Fledged

As I said earlier in the thread. Writers need to come up with something new rather than just throwing a shite ton of money at an old classic and hoping makes a profit out of shear nostalgia.

If the writer out their can't come up with their own stories, then it's time they turned their hand to doing something else for a living. I'm tired of this shite.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
As I said earlier in the thread. Writers need to come up with something new rather than just throwing a shite ton of money at an old classic and hoping makes a profit out of shear nostalgia.

If the writer out their can't come up with their own stories, then it's time they turned their hand to doing something else for a living. I'm tired of this shite.
Even worse, they had four writers for this, which might explain the problems actually.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Another Kathleen Kennedy masterclass. She's getting better, though. It took two films to kill Star Wars whereas she's got it on her first go with Indy.

Indy (Luke) degraded to make an unlikable, British woman the star in Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Rey). Except, from what I've heard, Phoebe is an even bigger Mary Sue.

There's been rumours of Disney considering selling Lucasfilm because they desperately need money and I can definitely see why. The two franchises you bought it for are now dead in the water so, like what they did with Power Rangers, they might just cut their losses. They already produced the first ever Star Wars film to LOSE money, and, if they decide to keep it, I can see it happening again.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Another Kathleen Kennedy masterclass. She's getting better, though. It took two films to kill Star Wars whereas she's got it on her first go with Indy.

Indy (Luke) degraded to make an unlikable, British woman the star in Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Rey). Except, from what I've heard, Phoebe is an even bigger Mary Sue.

There's been rumours of Disney considering selling Lucasfilm because they desperately need money and I can definitely see why. The two franchises you bought it for are now dead in the water so, like what they did with Power Rangers, they might just cut their losses. They already produced the first ever Star Wars film to LOSE money, and, if they decide to keep it, I can see it happening again.
I don't think she wrote it mate.

Bobski

Gonna be strange in a few years when all the original stars of Star Wars, Indiana Jones and whatever else is destroyed are dead and the realization sets in that the final chance to make great stories with the beloved characters they played is gone, pissed up the wall under the guise of deconstruction.

Or cgi advances to the point where their image can be milked in perpetuity which is probably more likely.

Last edited:

Zen86

Gonna be strange in a few years when all the original stars of Star Wars, Indiana Jones and whatever else is destroyed are dead and the realization sets in that the final chance to make great stories with the beloved characters they played is gone, pissed up the wall under the guise of deconstruction.

Or cgi advances to the point where their image can be milked in perpetuity which is probably more likely.
It won’t be long until the estates of famous people are selling their image rights, which will be plugged into AI tech and used in media.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You are never going to bring back an action star in their 80s and make a good film.

nickyboy1981

This looks great. Let's hope they give him a good send-off after the disappointment of Kingdom of The Crystal Skull, which, unimportantly, came out the day after our last Champions League Final win.
I went to the pictures on my own the day after the champs league final to watch it. I'd booked the day off work knowing I'd be rough as death :) There was me and about 2 other people in.. Awful film, hopefully this one's better.

Great name BTW! Love MI.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't think she wrote it mate.
She has full control over lucasfilm. Why do you think every male character has been emasculated for new female characters?

Indy for Phoebe
Luke for Rey
The Mandalorian for Bo-Katarn
Obi-Wan for Leia and Reva

She hates men and this is another example.

It won’t be long until the estates of famous people are selling their image rights, which will be plugged into AI tech and used in media.
You've seen what they did with Luke in the streaming shows and Leia in Rogue One.

Once they realise the new characters don't sell because they can't write good ones anymore, they will just go all out on the Luke and Leia cgi stuff for classic characters that do sell.

Chairman Steve

I personally would not have had Harrison Ford leading an Indiana Jones 5 movie. It’d be someone else and abandon the linear chronological ordering of the movies. Just go full James Bond with it since the franchise was born out of Spielberg getting rejected for making a James Bond movie.

Surely you can make an interesting story that doesn’t involve Nazi Germany as the antagonists.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

Are you 13?

0le

I don't think the trailer was that bad to be honest. But it didn't show me anything that we haven't already seen before with the character, so I cannot see it making much money after #4 was poorly received.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
She has full control over lucasfilm. Why do you think every male character has been emasculated for new female characters?

Indy for Phoebe
Luke for Rey
I've not seen this movie (and don't really have much plan to) but I'm not seeing anything with the other three examples that support your point.

Luke mentors Rey, and often makes her look like a fool. He's shown to be a more powerful force user than her when he projects his form on to another planet light years away. He even guides her beyond the grave in the third movie.

Bo-Katarn is shown to be a leader who has no support whatsoever until Mando turns up and vouches for her. She gets the darksaber simply because Mando doesn't want it, and doesn't want power for himself. Her arc is dependent on others finding value in her as a leader to reclaim her birthright, whereas Mando is purely focused on Grogu and following the Creed.

Obi-Wan is old and has cut himself away from the force for twenty years, and yet he kicks Darth Vader's ass again whilst protecting Leia from being kidnapped or killed. He returns Reva to the light side by making her see the error of her ways. There's two characters where he is the wise old sage providing guidance, all the while doing it with a blaster, lightsaber, and hurling boulders at his old best friend.

But, of course, there are moments in those shows and movies where the female characters do some kick ass stuff on their own. I wonder if you're mistaking any female character having occasional moments where they aren't damsels in distress for "emasculating" lead male characters.

Last edited:

nimic

something nice
Scout

Indy for Phoebe
Luke for Rey

Just an incredibly absurd take.

Mockney

Nothing says “I get all my film opinions from weird YouTube cranks” than blaming the woman who literally produced all the original Indiana Jones films & has been part of the Speilberg/Lucas set up for 40 odd years and heavily involved in all the films they love, for deliberately ruining everything now… or whatever nonsense they’re angry about today.

I actually wish she was trying to deliberately tank things just to make them angry, ‘cos she’d be a fecking hero!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Nothing says “I get all my film opinions from weird YouTube cranks” than blaming the woman who literally produced all the original Indiana Jones films & has been part of the Speilberg/Lucas set up for 40 odd years, for whatever nonsense they’re angry about today.
Kathleen Kennedy is lucky to be the head of Lucasfilm. What roles has she had earlier in her career that make her suitable? It's not like she co-founded Amblin Entertainment with Spielberg or anything like that.

Like you mention; she's the person who Spielberg has arguably relied on the most over 40 years. If the definitive blockbuster director of the last half century needs your input on all of their projects then it's fair to say you're pretty good at your job.

Herman Toothrot

Indy for Phoebe
Luke for Rey

You've seen what they did with Luke in the streaming shows and Leia in Rogue One.

Once they realise the new characters don't sell because they can't write good ones anymore, they will just go all out on the Luke and Leia cgi stuff for classic characters that do sell.
Jesus. Stop.

Herman Toothrot

I went to the pictures on my own the day after the champs league final to watch it. I'd booked the day off work knowing I'd be rough as death :) There was me and about 2 other people in.. Awful film, hopefully this one's better.

Great name BTW! Love MI.
I'll be happy if I walk away not hating it. Crystal Skull was just a bad way to end it. The recent reviews are much more positive then the Canne. Sounds like it's a lot of fun, if not anywhere near the magic of the original three. Fine by me.

Mockney

Kathleen Kennedy is lucky to be the head of Lucasfilm. What roles has she had earlier in her career that make her suitable? It's not like she co-founded Amblin Entertainment with Spielberg or anything like that.

Like you mention; she's the person who Spielberg has arguably relied on the most over 40 years. If the definitive blockbuster director of the last half century needs your input on all of their projects then it's fair to say you're pretty good at your job.
She has complete control though. She‘s probably bewitched him with her evil womanly wiles, you know what they’re like, with their bits and their flaps and what not. Yuck

Last edited: