Injury Crisis 2023/24 | Martínez and Casemiro back in training

Not terrible news thankfully (if true). If Mount can take the opportunity in midfield and if we move Rashford into the centre forward role we'll be fine for the Everton game at least.

Does our entire medical staff and medical facilities need to be overhauled? A winter injury crisis has been a feature of United since at least Van Gaal's tenure. Remember when he had the artificial pitch replaced at Carrington because there were so many muscle strains? Ronaldo 2.0 came in and said our facilities were behind the times -- maybe he's right? Sounds like we should be trying to match City's medical and recovery facilities, which are apparently light years beyond ours.

So likely Hojlund misses Everton but I guess we'll risk him for Galatasaray. Eriksen probably out till the Bayern game.

To be honest, I'm doubtful more European games are what the squad need after the absolute joke of a fixture list last season. As others have alluded to, I don't think the crazy run of games they had, as well as the messed up pre-season tour, have helped with all these muscular injuries

To be fair, that’s a blessing. I, unfortunately, frequently get flashbacks of him playing for us. It’s a form of PTSD.
He had some very solid games when playing for us during our purple patch.

He was quick, consistent passer and available to overlap.

As expected. It never ends.

And yet, Martial is still fit.
It's that kind of season. If big Phil was still around, he would defo be in peak condition. You only have to think about someone being genuinely important for us and bang, out for 3 weeks. Hence Harry, Scotty and Victor lead us to the verge of the top 4. It's like we're in the upside down world.

Has anyone done a proper analysis of United's injury record relative to other PL clubs? I'm curious whether our perception that we're hit harder than other clubs is valid or not.

So likely Hojlund misses Everton but I guess we'll risk him for Galatasaray. Eriksen probably out till the Bayern game.

Don't see us risking him unless he trains after the squad returns from internationals

Not terrible news thankfully (if true). If Mount can take the opportunity in midfield and if we move Rashford into the centre forward role we'll be fine for the Everton game at least.

People still think Rashford can play centre forward? He is not good there and just doesnt work.

Slovenian reds can at least take solace in the fact that they’re more likely to qualify for Euro 24 now.

This will force Hjulmand to play Wind as a 9 and Lindstrøm as a 10 which makes the danish team stronger.

Has anyone done a proper analysis of United's injury record relative to other PL clubs? I'm curious whether our perception that we're hit harder than other clubs is valid or not.
There's some data here covering 20/21 and 21/22 for the "big six" plus all clubs for 21/22:

screenshot2023-11-14a57fla.png

screenshot2023-11-14adlcud.png

Lots more here: https://www.howdengroup.com/sites/g...022-09/Football-Injury-Index-September-22.pdf

They don't seem to have published anything this year to cover last season. This site covers current injuries. United currently have 10 players out, which is the same as Arsenal and Spurs, but less than Newcastle's 13.

This will force Hjulmand to play Wind as a 9 and Lindstrøm as a 10 which makes the danish team stronger.

United must be terrible if you can take two of their better players this season out of the Danish 11 and it makes them better :eek:

United must be terrible if you can take two of their better players this season out of the Danish 11 and it makes them better :eek:

Lindstrøm has more speed and is more press resistant than Eriksen, though he is not as good a passer. Lindstrøm is very good in a 10 role but horrible on the wing where Hjulmand usually puts him.
Wind is in the form of his life at the moment and basically scoring goals for fun, but he is usually put behind Højlund when they both play which kind of works against both of them. Its better when we play with 1 or the other instead of both.
So the synergy of the team is better this way. Hope that makes sense.

There's some data here covering 20/21 and 21/22 for the "big six" plus all clubs for 21/22:

screenshot2023-11-14a57fla.png

screenshot2023-11-14adlcud.png

Lots more here: https://www.howdengroup.com/sites/g...022-09/Football-Injury-Index-September-22.pdf

They don't seem to have published anything this year to cover last season. This site covers current injuries. United currently have 10 players out, which is the same as Arsenal and Spurs, but less than Newcastle's 13.

id prefer to see how often United can start the probable first team players (or backup etc) relative to other teams. Having 10+ players injured doesn’t tell you how much that will impact a team.

Also , having your entire defence injured is different and will affect a team more then having one player in different positions.

Eriksen out, bad luck, now ETH will be forced to play one of midfielders he picked in the summer to play alongside McTominay.

Amrabat and McTominay! Yay! That'll be creative!

At least we got plenty of great backups up fro.. wait

Now must surely be the time to play Mount in some form? The fixtures doesn't get better.