Injury Crisis 2023/24 | Martínez and Casemiro back in training

There's some data here covering 20/21 and 21/22 for the "big six" plus all clubs for 21/22:

screenshot2023-11-14a57fla.png

screenshot2023-11-14adlcud.png

Lots more here: https://www.howdengroup.com/sites/g...022-09/Football-Injury-Index-September-22.pdf

They don't seem to have published anything this year to cover last season. This site covers current injuries. United currently have 10 players out, which is the same as Arsenal and Spurs, but less than Newcastle's 13.

thanks!

Lindstrøm has more speed and is more press resistant than Eriksen, though he is not as good a passer. Lindstrøm is very good in a 10 role but horrible on the wing where Hjulmand usually puts him.
Jesper Lindstrøm who is struggling getting minutes for Napoli? He isn't in great form for about a year know I think, so I'm a bit surprised that he should be better than Eriksen (but of course I believe you as you clearly are more invested in them).

Who was playing as striker if he wasn’t?
Martial and Wout started almost all of those games up front with Rashford on the left. However, in most of them we'd actually subbed them off and Rashford had moved upfront before he scored. Which from memory was the opposite of what had happened earlier in the season, when he started at striker but didn't score until we moved him out wide.

Jesper Lindstrøm who is struggling getting minutes for Napoli? He isn't in great form for about a year know I think, so I'm a bit surprised that he should be better than Eriksen (but of course I believe you as you clearly are more invested in them).

He isnt better but he is faster, and actually press resistant which we will need against Slovenia. I dont think the Napoli playstyle fits him and I was surprised by the move to be honest.

Lindstrøm has more speed and is more press resistant than Eriksen, though he is not as good a passer. Lindstrøm is very good in a 10 role but horrible on the wing where Hjulmand usually puts him.
Wind is in the form of his life at the moment and basically scoring goals for fun, but he is usually put behind Højlund when they both play which kind of works against both of them. Its better when we play with 1 or the other instead of both.
So the synergy of the team is better this way. Hope that makes sense.
I just realised I didn’t reply the other day. It worked out fine for Denmark as they have more quality overall, but press resistance against Slovenia is not something that is need. They play 442 and sit deep, countering with Sesko, like United do with Hojlund.

That game was crying out for some quality and would have been much easier with Eriksen creating.

I just realised I didn’t reply the other day. It worked out fine for Denmark as they have more quality overall, but press resistance against Slovenia is not something that is need. They play 442 and sit deep, countering with Sesko, like United do with Hojlund.

That game was crying out for some quality and would have been much easier with Eriksen creating.

Eh?

I feel sorry for ETH. He does’t have the right conditions to improve on last years performance. We can agree that transfers made are not good enough but the team has not been lucky. Just to mention a few challenges the coaching team has faced

Current Injuries
Onana
Martinez
Evans
Shaw
Malacia
Casemiro
Eriksen
Diallo

Injury prone:
Varane
Martial

Recently back from LT injury
AWB
Mainoo

Out of form
Mount
Rashford

Issues outside football
Sancho
Antony
Glazers

@Onerealunited
I feel sorry for ETH. He does’t have the right conditions to improve on last years performance. We can agree that transfers made are not good enough but the team has not been lucky. Just to mention a few challenges the coaching team has faced

Current Injuries
Onana
Martinez
Evans
Shaw
Malacia
Casemiro
Eriksen
Diallo

Injury prone:
Varane
Martial

AWB
Mainoo

Out of form
Mount
Rashford

Issues outside football
Sancho
Antony
Glazers
Greenwood
Ronaldo (last season)

@Onerealunited

Current Injuries
Onana
Martinez
Evans
Shaw
Malacia
Casemiro
Eriksen
Diallo

Injury prone:
Varane
Martial

AWB
Mainoo

Out of form
Mount
Rashford

Issues outside football
Sancho
Antony
Glazers
Greenwood
Ronaldo (last season)
When you've got that many injuries or instances of issues it goes beyond bad luck. Basic stats

@Onerealunited

Current Injuries
Onana
Martinez
Evans
Shaw
Malacia
Casemiro
Eriksen
Diallo

Injury prone:
Varane
Martial

AWB
Mainoo

Out of form
Mount
Rashford

Issues outside football
Sancho
Antony
Glazers
Greenwood
Ronaldo (last season)
I'm sure we got a visit to Anfield coming up very soon. 4-0, 7-0, ???

Onana? Ffs. I don't think we actually bought that Turkish keeper for sporting reasons, if we are to go by highlight videos on YT. Butterfingers. Is Heaton fit?

Mainoo, Kambwala, Bayindir, Pellistri, Fish, Mejbri, all to register some minutes on the pitch then. The cracks were starting to show early this season, and the reality of the situation is unfolding further.

Might aswell call Scholesy out of retirement while he's still in his 40s.

I have to disagree completely. We played some of the best we have played in this qualifier. Slovenia tried to play with a higher press but we played around it and where excellent in possession, forcing them back.

Onana? Ffs. I don't think we actually bought that Turkish keeper for sporting reasons, if we are to go by highlight videos on YT. Butterfingers. Is Heaton fit?

Let's just give him a chance eh,he will be getting plenty of games when Onana is away at Africa Cup of Nations in January

Bayindir needs a game anyway so we can see what he's like. Might as well be in a no stakes guaranteed-to-lose game like away at Everton.

I have to disagree completely. We played some of the best we have played in this qualifier. Slovenia tried to play with a higher press but we played around it and where excellent in possession, forcing them back.
You thought Slovenia tried to press high? :nervous: