Injury Crisis 2023/24 | Martínez and Casemiro back in training

It does feel not great, but looking at the league unavailable list we aren't the only ones suffering. It says we have 11 out right now (including Sancho and Antony albeit they are suspended), same as Chelsea. Thats before the news McTom and Eriksen are back, and Antony now available so really only 8 out. Sheffield United have 10, Newcastle 9 and then it's Arsenal and Tottenham with 8 each. Pool and City both have 4 (although I was sure Pep was just moaning about it). So we arent numerically significantly worse, it's just we manage to have 100% of the available left backs all injured.

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php
I don't doubt lots of clubs match us on overall injuries but it feels like more than any other club we manage to feck up recovery after games and returns from injury, and turn minor injuries into long drawn out absences.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The post above is noting that we're not that far above other clubs now. But that's after we've had injuries to Mount, Amrabat, Hojlund, Varane, Martinez, Maguire, Lindelof and Martial already this season, which is the context for people's complaints.
Can hardly count Amrabat and Hojlund, they were injured when we bought them

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
yamma yamma yamma yaaaama
yamma yamma yamma yaaaaama
injuries, injuries, injuries,
find your way out of this club
banish and and never ever return

There - this ought to remove the bad juju from this club.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think it's an accumulation of playing an absurd amount of football last season, a dog shit American pre-season on awful pitches, and general poor fitness that has seen this awful start.

We played 62 matches last season. Teams like Arsenal and Liverpool played 49 and 52 respectively. Man City won a fecking treble and still played fewer than us.

Zed 101

Have we employed "in a carry-on-style" a really attractive nurse/physio?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Far from the truth, United have fantastic rehabilitation facilities, so much so Rangnick wanted all players to recover at United saying: As far as I can tell the medical department is really good, very good, with many different approaches towards rehab. I would not want players to do their rehab abroad or anywhere else.

United are also supplied by Canon/Toshiba still and so still sit at the front end of leading technology.
So what the feck is happening?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Anytime between next week and 2027. Honestly the club have given zero information on his status since the start of pre season when they told us he was not going on tour due to an unspecified injury. No idea what the injury is or which body part is affected so impossible to even speculate on rehab time.
For some reason i thought it was a confirmed knee injury? I might have just confused something and made that up though.

Belisarius

I think it's an accumulation of playing an absurd amount of football last season, a dog shit American pre-season on awful pitches, and general poor fitness that has seen this awful start.

We played 62 matches last season. Teams like Arsenal and Liverpool played 49 and 52 respectively. Man City won a fecking treble and still played fewer than us.
Also we’re playing extra injury time this year which doesn’t help.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Martinez 2-3 months, so either back in December or til the new year.
Reguilon to miss the next 3 games then if it's only til the break.

So Amrabat left back, Varane, Maguire, Evans and Lindelof as the 4 centerbacks, dalot right back. Not ideal.
What!? I had no idea Martinez’ injury was so serious. We’re fecked this season aren’t we? Playing out from the back will be a lot harder

Terrific Tangerine

Supports
Blackpool
Far from the truth, United have fantastic rehabilitation facilities, so much so Rangnick wanted all players to recover at United saying: As far as I can tell the medical department is really good, very good, with many different approaches towards rehab. I would not want players to do their rehab abroad or anywhere else.

United are also supplied by Canon/Toshiba still and so still sit at the front end of leading technology.
Sorted if we need a camera or TV then.

tomaldinho1

We should call him back from loan then. There is nothing for him to learn in that league, especially not with relegation fodder like Granada.
Depends on the agreement, often you can’t recall them. I’d assume the club aren’t that inept they have forgotten they have an LB on loan.

USREDEVIL

So injured are:
Martinez
Amad
AWB
Shaw
Mainoo
Malacia

Criminal issues (yes we now need a new criminal list)
Antony

Jackass issues (also yes)
Sancho

Back
Mount
Varane

Irwin99

So injured are:
Martinez
Amad
AWB
Shaw

Mainoo
Malacia

Criminal issues (yes we now need a new criminal list)
Antony

Jackass issues (also yes)
Sancho

Back
Mount
Varane
Defence is the area that's really killing us, the other ones you can kind of get away with although we often look a bit more balanced with Antony in the team. Need those defenders back soon....and where the heck is Malacia and why is there no updates on him?

Partridge

yamma yamma yamma yaaaaama
injuries, injuries, injuries,
find your way out of this club
banish and and never ever return

There - this ought to remove the bad juju from this club.
that sounds suspiciously like High Tower from police Academy 4 in the back of the van with those newbies... :lol:

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
that sounds suspiciously like High Tower from police Academy 4 in the back of the van with those newbies... :lol:
Yup thats where I got it from :lol:. I was watching police academy 4 a few days ago

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
So what the feck is happening?
Fecked if I know, but I'd imagine what EtH says has a big element of truth to it.
Increased matches, increased intensity in said matches, increased intensity in training etc
United certainly are not the only team with a long injury list.

Wing Attack Plan R

Was it during Van Gaal's tenure that the training facility had artificial turf put in? And then they figured out that all the muscle injuries were from playing on artificial pitches? Am I remembering this correctly? There was our annual injury crisis, but then there were a lot more on top of the standard crisis. I wonder if something similar is happening, especially as these appear to be muscle strains. From personal experience, playing on artificial pitches feels like taking a hammer to my joints the next day, whereas on grass the force from cutting is dispersed a lot better and I'm even half as sore.

always_hoping

One of those seasons we can't buy a break from injuries. Worst of the lot it the left full back situation with both 1st.2nd choice out for extended period, a lad loaned in to fill in and he gets injured also.

As for Martinez was his injury from last season even sorted out right, probably brought back soon.

PoTMS

It can't be a coincidence both United and Chelsea have such long injury lists. Something is rotten with both clubs.