International peak draft

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
@Annahnomoss

A clarification about player role. If Messadona played as striker in 1930 and a goalscoring AM in 1934 is it legitimate to say that you are playing the 1934 version but play him in a different role, eg. false 9 or inside forward? My reasoning is this- we are taking the player as he was in that year but utilising his skills in a different position: it would just be like the manager in 1934 deciding where to play him. Obviously there'll be debates as to as to how well he'd play that role but is this concept within the theme of the draft?

Annahnomoss

@Annahnomoss

A clarification about player role. If Messadona played as striker in 1930 and a goalscoring AM in 1934 is it legitimate to say that you are playing the 1934 version but play him in a different role, eg. false 9 or inside forward? My reasoning is this- we are taking the player as he was in that year but utilising his skills in a different position: it would just be like the manager in 1934 deciding where to play him. Obviously there'll be debates as to as to how well he'd play that role but is this concept within the theme of the draft?
Yeah definitely. You don't have to play anybody in the position they played. Obviously it is up to you to make a good argument with solid proofs of how your reasoning is there. Otherwise we'd be stuck with older players in only classic roles/positions while they'd do a great job in some role in a modern team as well.

You know people will rate them as they should if you play them in their right position, so the responsibility to provide evidence is on you to make people understand how you think.

Also you can't use club footage or information to push your idea. You have the international tournament as your proofs of how he can play a different role.

You can't go "Well Messadona played as an false 9 his entire career at club level, so he'd do that well obviously". Or "Here are clips from him at his club showing dribbling out wide, so I will play him as a right winger."

But if the footage is from the peak tournament you can use it as a logic for him being a bit flexible.

Annahnomoss

International Peak Draft
  1. EAP 1. J. Cruyff
  2. Sjor
  3. Isotope
  4. 2Mufc0
  5. Tuppet
  6. Pat Mustard
  7. Skizzo
  8. Enigma
  9. Onenil
  10. Mazhar
  11. Joga Bonito
  12. Gio
  13. Raees/Invictus
  14. Annahnomoss
  15. Moby
  16. DownCast
Reminder: Please don't hesitate to leave your pick to somebody if you expect to be busy while your turn is coming soon

@Šjor Bepo

Last edited:

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Yeah definitely. You don't have to play anybody in the position they played. Obviously it is up to you to make a good argument with solid proofs of how your reasoning is there. Otherwise we'd be stuck with older players in only classic roles/positions while they'd do a great job in some role in a modern team as well.

You know people will rate them as they should if you play them in their right position, so the responsibility to provide evidence is on you to make people understand how you think.

Also you can't use club footage or information to push your idea. You have the international tournament as your proofs of how he can play a different role.

You can't go "Well Messadona played as an false 9 his entire career at club level, so he'd do that well obviously". Or "Here are clips from him at his club showing dribbling out wide, so I will play him as a right winger."

But if the footage is from the peak tournament you can use it as a logic for him being a bit flexible.
Great. That makes sense.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I would have thought if he plays striker it's the 16yo from 58 and if he plays 10 it's the 1970 one. No?
I don't know what you're on about. It obviously isn't hard to tell who is who.

I'm not talking about this draft nonsense, I was referring to the actual flesh-and-blood player(s).

Annahnomoss

Harms has also withdrawn for personal reasons but he will be back soon again for future drafts I believe. So if Enigma takes over we have 16 spots left, as in this draft we had one extra in case someone had to drop out.

Enigma_87

You know who
@Annahnomoss seeing the draft is running already and not that research intensive I can take over. Would appreciate a helping hand tho.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Hopefully it's the underappreciated 1976 version?

P.S. I know that everyone already joked about BigRed but I couldn't help myself

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
you just couldnt make it up, i already did a full research for a Cruyff team:lol::lol::lol:

Šjor Bepo

International Peak Draft
  1. EAP 1. J. Cruyff
  2. Sjor 1. F. Beckenbauer
  3. Isotope
  4. 2Mufc0
  5. Tuppet
  6. Pat Mustard
  7. Skizzo
  8. Enigma
  9. Onenil
  10. Mazhar
  11. Joga Bonito
  12. Gio
  13. Raees/Invictus
  14. Annahnomoss
  15. Moby
  16. DownCast
Reminder: Please don't hesitate to leave your pick to somebody if you expect to be busy while your turn is coming soon

@Isotope

Annahnomoss

International Peak Draft
  1. EAP 1. J. Cruyff
  3. Isotope
  4. 2Mufc0
  5. Tuppet
  6. Pat Mustard
  7. Skizzo
  8. Enigma
  9. Onenil
  10. Mazhar/Arbitrium
  11. Joga Bonito
  12. Gio
  13. Raees/Invictus
  14. Annahnomoss
  15. Moby
  16. DownCast

Šjor Bepo

And you pick neither :lol:

Honestly it was a toss up between Cruyff and Kaizer and went with Johann in the end. Didn't even give others more than a passing thought.
have to admit was a bit scared you will go with Cruyff after you said you will write about Total Football....but somehow i hoped you will go with Brazilian and create a 5 strikers team or something like that :D

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
have to admit was a bit scared you will go with Cruyff after you said you will write about Total Football....but somehow i hoped you will go with Brazilian and create a 5 strikers team or something like that :D
I've been wanting to Kaizer as a true half back in a 2-3-5/WM. But then I played that formation last draft so went for something else.

My team last draft had 5 forwards. Maybe this draft, my team will have none ;)

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I don't know what you're on about. It obviously isn't hard to tell who is who.

I'm not talking about this draft nonsense, I was referring to the actual flesh-and-blood player(s).
Oh, I thought you were discussing what his tourno peak really was.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
International Peak Draft
  1. EAP 1. J. Cruyff
  3. Isotope 1. D. Maradona
  4. 2Mufc0
  5. Tuppet
  6. Pat Mustard
  7. Skizzo
  8. Enigma
  9. Onenil
  10. Mazhar/Arbitrium
  11. Joga Bonito
  12. Gio
  13. Raees/Invictus
  14. Annahnomoss
  15. Moby
  16. DownCast

@2mufc0