Internationals March (World Cup Qualifiers + Friendlies)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Frenkie is so good. Crazy that he was considered a flow just a few months ago.

Also crazy that Kroos, Goretzka and Kimmich aren't playing..
Are you trying to disrespect Brandt and Draxler?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Great match and a fair result. Even if the ref blatantly robbed us.

Frenkie de Jong is by far the best Dutch player.

MUFC OK

Pepe has been brilliant in the CL and throughout the season as well.

Last season Vs Juventus as well
He’s defo still got it, another evergreen defender like Silva, Chiellini etc.

We should be looking at defenders like this instead of 80m on a Maguire, ffs.

Dudu

Yay. Portugal through!

Now if only they could let go of Santos before the WC..

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I'm not dealing with having to bare with Santos until 2024. You ex-greeks disapointed me.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Great match and a fair result. Even if the ref blatantly robbed us.

Frenkie de Jong is by far the best Dutch player.
Apparently it was the Dutch who insisted on VAR for a friendly, now they are complaining about it. Sweet irony.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Apparently it was the Dutch who insisted on VAR for a friendly, now they are complaining about it. Sweet irony.
Hardly ironic. Football without VAR is ridiculous, but even with VAR there is room for human error.

arthurka

If we are in for a CB Nico Schlotterbeck must be high up on that list. He just takes any level in his stride. Has been fantastic for two seasons running, hope he stays with Freiburg if they qualify for the CL.

A-man

Poor game from us. Stupid errors cost the goals.

We do not deserve to be in the world cup based on last 3 away games.
Wouldn’t say poor, but absolutely two stupid goals which cost the game against a weak Poland.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Ibrahimovic is so average in the air. Despite his height he can't knock down any balls to his own teammates.

Should learn something from Lewandowski who cunningly manoeuvres the aerial balls into his teammates or wins fouls against CBs.

ti vu

He’s defo still got it, another evergreen defender like Silva, Chiellini etc.

We should be looking at defenders like this instead of 80m on a Maguire, ffs.
Pepe is great ability wise. However, because the reputation he built, he's not suitable for PL in this stage of his career. The media here is thirsty for drama. Pepe even now is still a shithouse, and go wild in the heat of the moment. It would go badly with this kind of media pressure.

Chiellini is unlikely leave his home country. That seems be the way for many players from Italy and Spain. Thiago Silva is as good as it gets but this kind of deal is rare. We even got a good deal with Varane.

Kopral Jono

I'm glad Portugal won. I fecking hate underdogs. I want to see big names and big players at major tournaments.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
If I was Egypt I'd launch a protest. This has to have at least some kind of consequences.
No tears from me. Egyptian fans are undefeated when it comes to bringing lasers to football matches. At one point I thought they were the home team.

Deery

Dreary
Bloody crazy amount of lazers Salah goes out…

A-man

Ibrahimovic is so average in the air. Despite his height he can't knock down any balls to his own teammates.

Should learn something from Lewandowski who cunningly manoeuvres the aerial balls into his teammates or wins fouls against CBs.
It’s the opposite. It’s one of the things Ibrahimovic still masters.

Paul_Scholes18

Wouldn’t say poor, but absolutely two stupid goals which cost the game against a weak Poland.
We can still defend well and press as a team. Janne is coaching well, but up front we are really toothless.

I had hope Kulusevski would finally deliver for us after his good Spurs form when he scored some nice goals.
Really inefficient today though. Isak is not clinical at all for club and country this season. He plays well without scoring a lot similar to Berg before him, but you need the goals. Quaison nice player, but not a top striker.

We could really need a better striker. In terms of creating ok chances we are always doing that even agaist top sides, but you need to take those chances.
We did not have amazing chances today, but should have scored a goal and taking it to extra time at least.

Elanga is the big hope for us, but so far he is not really a goal scorer. Hopefully the new United manager improves him a lot.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Some hot takes:
Draxler, Werner and Kehrer shouldn't start games (get called up) until they find some form at club level.

Musiala really ran the game for Germany, taking him off opened up the game for an opponent that looked rather bland until then.

Schlotterbeck continues to impress.

Raum is not a LB.

Rüdiger in a back four with this much exposure makes me uneasy.

Balance is still a big issue, though that's no surprise with Kimmich/Goretzka missing.

If Flick considers someone like Stach I don't really understand why he didn't bring him on for the final minutes. Wouldn't such an open game be precisesly his role to fill?

ti vu

No way. We played him up front against City and he was abject.

That said, if this were 2003 he'd be an exceptional SS.
City is the key word. We were miles off City in team building process. Even playing everyone in their position would not work under this circumstance. So really not really telling anything from this one off game.

Against Leeds in opening game this season, Bruno played well in advanced position. The point being that if we're continuing to experiment and take risk then just do it with Bruno. Not continuing to shoehorn Rashford with minutes when he didn't ass at the moment.

A-man

We can still defend well and press as a team. Janne is coaching well, but up front we are really toothless.

I had hope Kulusevski would finally deliver for us after his good Spurs form when he scored some nice goals.
Really inefficient today though. Isak is not clinical at all for club and country this season. He plays well without scoring a lot similar to Berg before him, but you need the goals. Quaison nice player, but not a top striker.

We could really need a better striker. In terms of creating ok chances we are always doing that even agaist top sides, but you need to take those chances.
We did not have amazing chances today, but should have scored a goal and taking it to extra time at least.

Elanga is the big hope for us, but so far he is not really a goal scorer. Hopefully the new United manager improves him a lot.
Agree with everything here. Don’t understand the tactics with so many (good) crosses when we don’t have a killer in the box. Also think we need something better than Danielson in the central defence, plus a good central midfielder.

In the end, two cheap goals conceded and not taking the opportunities in front of their goal.

Hopefully the young players like Isak, Kulusevski and Elanga continue to develop and we have an interesting team for the euros.

MUFC OK

Pepe is great ability wise. However, because the reputation he built, he's not suitable for PL in this stage of his career. The media here is thirsty for drama. Pepe even now is still a shithouse, and go wild in the heat of the moment. It would go badly with this kind of media pressure.

Chiellini is unlikely leave his home country. That seems be the way for many players from Italy and Spain. Thiago Silva is as good as it gets but this kind of deal is rare. We even got a good deal with Varane.
Yeah, if Varane can stay clear of injuries, he could be good for us for the next 7 or so years.

Paul_Scholes18

Agree with everything here. Don’t understand the tactics with so many (good) crosses when we don’t have a killer in the box. Also think we need something better than Danielson in the central defence, plus a good central midfielder.

In the end, two cheap goals conceded and not taking the opportunities in front of their goal.

Hopefully the young players like Isak, Kulusevski and Elanga continue to develop and we have an interesting team for the euros.
Ooh yes I think to reach the higher levels we need more top players, but I think the defenders often do a job for the national side.

I think we better hope Isak can turn into a top striker. He got the tools.

I think we can compete with the best with smart tactics, but to beat countries like England, Germany, France on talent we have no chance right now.

Players like Kane, Sterling, Mbappe, Benzema, Kimmich, Sane etc are way above our best players.