Internationals October (Nations League + Euro 2021 play-offs + Friendlies)

Walters_19_MuFc

Good performance from the lads.

Despite a few errors, the three at the back certainly does make us look better defensively. There are still a few minor changes I would make, but all in all, happy with the performance against a good Belgium side.

Zen

Belgium are the number 1 ranked team in the world? What? How?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
he's going to snub a team he doesn't have a sniff of getting in?
He's been in squads, and being at United he has every chance of featuring in the future.
Especially as he's a better defender than all of the others.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This lucky win will be a vindication of Southgate and his negative tactics. Shame Belgium didn't turn them over but you look at the resources available to Belgium compared to England

GenZRed

Don't see how Belgium are ranked No.1 when it's clear that France are.

The FIFA international ranking system has never been the best, to be honest.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
This lucky win will be a vindication of Southgate and his negative tactics. Shame Belgium didn't turn them over but you look at the resources available to Belgium compared to England
I really don't get the negativity against Southgate. He has done a good job as the England manager.
Who else would do any better?

dev1l

I really don't get the negativity against Southgate. He has done a good job as the England manager.
Who else would do any better?
Same here. It seems some fans think they have a divine right to choose the manager And team themselves.

Luke1995

That's because one team (Spain) with lesser individual talents on paper, dominated the other team (Portugal) that's supposed to have more individual talents for almost 90mins.

Portugal (along with France), has the most talented team in the world right now on paper IMO, but they have a coach that doesn't exploit their talents fully and play a frustrating brand of football (just like France too). Both coaches have led both teams to boring victories though in competitions, so it's like nothing can be said about the type of unattractive football they make their talented teams play...
Sure. But this is a little bit strange, isn't it ? For years, people said that Portugal wasn't quite on the same level as '' the big names '' like France, Brazil, Argentina, England, Italy, Germany, Spain and Netherlands

They had the likes of Rui Costa, Figo, Quaresma and Ronaldo himself on the team, but people still didn't have high expectations

K_Ash

I just hope Giroud doesnt get injured anytime soon.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Jesus, France's squad is ridiculous. We have a great team and I still think they could beat us with their bench

K_Ash

Isn't Giroud close to being France's all time top scorer? The lack of respect he gets is shameful!
I would take the massive pace of a duo of Martial and Mbappe upfront over Olivier's goal tally

jamesjimmybyrondean

Been a while since I've seen Pogba as LCM. If he kills it I can see people clamouring on him not playing beside Matic anymore

K_Ash

I'll take the goals over watching fast runners.
didnt score a goal during the world cup18.I would rather terrify teams with electric pace upfront and talents in big competition that having a slow footed sneaky Friendliesgoal scorer

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
France has an incredible team and depth. I don't think there will be another Paris miracle.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
didnt score a goal during the world cup18.I would rather terrify teams with electric pace upfront and talents in big competition that having a slow footed sneaky Friendliesgoal scorer
He won the thing though which is the most important thing!

When you play with just lightning fast players who can't hold the ball up or bring others into play, you are easy as feck to defend against. France have a nice mix and their manager knows this.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He won the thing though which is the most important thing!

When you play with just lightning fast players who can't hold the ball up or bring others into play, you are easy as feck to defend against. France have a nice mix and their manager knows this.
Look at that Giroud lover. :angel: