Internationals October (Nations League + Euro 2021 play-offs + Friendlies)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Pogba's started the second half a bit better.

Gordon S

Pogba looks good, but he is certainly at his best in attack. Starting attacks, finding forwards in good positions, dribbling

Paul_Scholes18

I am not watching at the moment, but which sides impress the most tonight?
Looking at the scores only Denmark in the A groups.
Anyone looking good in the other games?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Both teams are stingy defensively. I actually think that it's a good game tactically and technically.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We brushed aside Belgium with ease, made them look like a bunch of school kids, and that's with a odd team and awful manager. Our potential is scary. I'm terrified by how good these brave lions could be.
This. I read comments and you all complain, complain, complain. But at the same time you are winning game after game. And what is up with this hate towards Southgate? He built pretty good side which is winning games. I don't get it...

laughtersassassin

Pogba playing deepish but with a licence to roam forward tonight. It's working well.

Bruno also showed he can play deeper. Think we will see a better overall game if we allow them both to go forward.

433 instead of Bruno basically playing behind the striker.

Classical Mechanic

This. I read comments and you all complain, complain, complain. But at the same time you are winning game after game. And what is up with this hate towards Southgate? He built pretty good side which is winning games. I don't get it...
He’s decided to play negative football and leave many of the exciting talented players on the bench. There seems to be a bit of a cult that’s built up around Grealish too and they’re convinced he hates Jack. Some fans seem to think we should be putting 4 past top nations.

Dudu

This commentator... Is that the right pronunciation for Greizmann?!

Been annoying me the whole game

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Pogba playing deepish but with a licence to roam forward tonight. It's working well.

Bruno also showed he can play deeper. Think we will see a better overall game if we allow them both to go forward.

433 instead or Bruno basically playing behind the striker.
Pogba always plays better in a midfield 3, without the defensive responsabilities of a double pivot.

Paul_Scholes18

Lost to Croatia in the world cup I guess. That is probably the only big disappointment for them under him. Also didn't win nations league, but not sure people care about it that much.

laughtersassassin

Pogba always plays better in a midfield 3, without the defensive responsabilities in a double pivot.
True. That said in the France team he still has a decent amount of defensive responsibility. Usually the second most after Kante.

Another reason why it's strange Ole refuses to try it. Expecting him to try 532 next

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

433 instead of Bruno basically playing behind the striker.
We could definitely do this if we had a more mobile DM. We actually were doing that after lockdown last season but this season Pogba's had basically no license to get forward, possibly because Matic's legs have gone again.

laughtersassassin

We could definitely do this if we had a more mobile DM. We actually were doing that after lockdown last season but this season Pogba's had basically no license to get forward, possibly because Matic's legs have gone again.
We could do it with Matic still. Would be more defensive than our current pivot as Bruno would contribute to our defending.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
True. That said in the France team he still has a decent amount of defensive responsibility. Usually the second most after Kante.

Another reason why it's strange Ole refuses to try it. Expecting him to try 532 next
The issue would be having him and Bruno in the same midfield trio. Not sure you'll get the best of them in that setup. Unless you move Bruno near the striker and have two more disciplined midfielders. But then you wouldn't be able to use Rashford, Martial, Cavani, Greenwood, etc

I'm sure there's a way though.

JPRouve

Scout
The issue would be having him and Bruno in the same midfield trio. Not sure you'll get the best of them in that setup. Unless you move Bruno near the striker and have two more disciplined midfielders. But then you wouldn't be able to use Rashford, Martial, Cavani, Greenwood, etc

I'm sure there's a way though.
Bruno can play Griezmann's role, I don't see why that would be a problem.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Bad second half but a good result. Those 3 subs at the end should have happened 10 minutes earlier

Horrible refereeing for both teams, hopefully in the return game the ref allows the game to be a lot better

JPRouve

Scout
You'd have just one slot for Cavani, Rash, Greenwood and Martial.
I should have precised I'm talking about a 4312, that's why I mentioned Griezmann's role, a 532 is dumb, there is not point adding a CB when we are weak in that position.