Internationals October (Nations League + Euro 2021 play-offs + Friendlies)

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
What a Hühnerhaufen at the back. Rüdigers positioning is so bad, Kroos once again not where a defensive midfielder should be and Kimmich and Neuer unlucky.

At least Werner, Havertz and now Gnabry look good in attack.
Add sane to that and its dangerous
the backline needs sorting

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
To be honest it was his first good scene in the whole game.
I only watched the game from half time so I agree but I'd have never imagined him to score like he does these days.

I think playing with more class players consistently in comparison to his arsenal days has helped him progress.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Very good attack held back by some shambolic defending. Germany really need to sort out their defence heading into the Euros. They can start that by dropping Rudiger from the starting XI.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Coming around to the idea that Adams Traore can do a decent job for any of the European big teams.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
@BayernFan87

What's the opinion of Sule in your club and country mate?
1 or 2 years ago many rated him as the successor of Hummels and Boateng and the best german defender.

Last year he was injured almost the whole year and he isn't back to his best yet.

Personally I'm not his biggest fan. Physically he is very impressive, he is also quite fast for his size. But other than that he isn't that special in my opinion. Tackles on the ground and in the air are good but nothing spectacular, on the ball he is also okay but far from Hummels or Boateng on their day.

Don't get me wrong, he is a good defender, but not "best defender of Bayern/Germany" level in my opinion.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
1 or 2 years ago many rated him as the successor of Hummels and Boateng and the best german defender.

Last year he was injured almost the whole year and he isn't back to his best yet.

Personally I'm not his biggest fan. Physically he is very impressive, he is also quite fast for his size. But other than that he isn't that special in my opinion. Tackles on the ground and in the air are good but nothing spectacular, on the ball he is also okay but far from Hummels or Boateng on their day.

Don't get me wrong, he is a good defender, but not "best defender of Bayern/Germany" level in my opinion.
Yeah he seems to have the defensive ability but maybe lack of ball playing and or playing under pressure.

Is there a german CB that you guys might buy or see in the National team to be the next Hummels or Boateng?

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yeah he seems to have the defensive ability but maybe lack of ball playing and or playing under pressure.

Is there a german CB that you guys might buy or see in the National team to be the next Hummels or Boateng?
As far as I'm aware their is no young talent with the potential to be the next Hummels/Boateng.
Very promising talents like Jonathan Tah, Niklas Stark or Lukas Mai didn't develop as hoped in the last 2 or 3 years.

Right now I rate Ginter as the best german central defender.

The most promising talent I know is the 17 years old Bright Arrey-Mbi from Bayern. He is already training regularly with the first team but he hasn't made his debut in a game yet.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think that if I had to choose a partner for Ramos, I would stay with Pau, although I still haven't seen much of Eric García.
Rodrigo is very bad. I don't understand how he keeps playing. I think I prefer Gerard Moreno, Oyarzabal, or even try Ansu Fati .
I didn´t like Canales and Ceballos.
Adama pretty well. With that explosiveness he always gets a meter of advantage, and dribbling he often surpasses a couple of defenders.
The downside is that he does nothing more than the same two plays that he repeats infinitely. He must improve the crosses and important passes
Nah you get to enjoy courtois at club level the least you deserve is kepa and de gea for spain
Luis Enrique was very kind, complimenting De Gea in recent weeks, and actually he has been quite good for a while, without major mistakes, but I don't trust him again for an important tournament.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Don't even know what to say about. It's the same thing every single fecking match.

Persisting with Rudiger, just why?! Does he have a problem with Sule now? I'm afraid he'll never get the sack until we fail in the Euro's next year.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Don't even know what to say about. It's the same thing every single fecking match.

Persisting with Rudiger, just why?! Does he have a problem with Sule now? I'm afraid he'll never get the sack until we fail in the Euro's next year.
Not just the defence imo.
The balance between Kimmich goretzka and kroos doesnt work.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Congrats to San Marino on their 4th ever point.

151 competitive matches
4 draws
147 losses

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Not just the defence imo.
The balance between Kimmich goretzka and kroos doesnt work.
Kroos is starting to become a liability, I feel. Great in possession but seriously lacking effort in defense, Kimmich made errors defensively as well but we could be better off playing Goretzka more defensively, like he does for Bayern, and then playing maybe Brandt to provide more offense.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich

Löw is known for having his favorites that most people wouldn't put in the first team.
Podolski, Khedira, now Rüdiger.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Just watching the replays again... Rüdigers positioning before the 3rd goal... :lol:

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München

I beg to differ. Peak Süle before his ACL tear was really good package. Huge, strong, but also quite fast and, often overlooked, really good a playing out from the back. He can really punish teams with long balls from his own box. When fully fit I rate him quite a lot higher than any other german CB at the moment.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Kroos is starting to become a liability, I feel. Great in possession but seriously lacking effort in defense, Kimmich made errors defensively as well but we could be better off playing Goretzka more defensively, like he does for Bayern, and then playing maybe Brandt to provide more offense.
Problem with that is goretzka will always and plays better when hes all action box to box. Germany need a sitter in there and pick one of kimmich or kroos.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Problem with that is goretzka will always and plays better when hes all action box to box. Germany need a sitter in there and pick one of kimmich or kroos.
Kroos looks too slow, unenergetic and defensively weak and for the hyper press age. He can order a team really well if that team is good enough to dominate a game, which this iteration of Germany just isn't. He's not awful (most of the time), but he doesn't provide a lot that really makes us shine. This is supposed to be his team, but he feels like the wrong core piece.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Löw is known for having his favorites that most people wouldn't put in the first team.
Podolski, Khedira, now Rüdiger.
That's not fair on Khedira, he was a great CM whose impact is being missed. He was the perfect foil for Schweinsteiger and Kroos, though I would admit towards the end in 2018 he was getting too slow to play.

Would definitely go for Kimmich instead of Kroos.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I agree that Kroos and Kimmich is not a good pairing. They are just too similar and do not only share the same strengths but also weaknesses.
They need a "workhorse" besides/behind like Casemiro at Real or Goretzka at Bayern to really shine.

It also doesn't help that both CMs are not good in the air and physically quite weak. A forward "tank" of the opposition like today Seferovic can really hurt the team.

Although Kimmich probably wouldn't be happy, I think it would be the best for the team if Kimmich plays right fullback as long as Kroos is a starter.

--------------Werner----------
Gnabry--Havertz--Sané
------Kroos--Goretzka----
Gosens-Ginter-Süle-Kimmich
--------------Neuer-----------

This would be my team.

Dr. StrangeHate

Just saw the Argentina team. If you take Messi out that team is easily the worst Argentine team I have ever seen. I don't see how they qualify unless Messi can dial back the years.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Why is Loew still in charge of Germany? Surely they need a new manager to freshen things up.
That's what 95-99% of german football fans think. Unfortunately those in charge at the DFB seem to disagree.

After seeing how Flick turned Bayern around, it's also worth speculating how important Flick was as Löws assistant.
He was his assistant from 2006 to 2014.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
How did Havertz and Werner fare tonight, performance wise. I can see they both bagged a goal and an assist each.

dbs235

Another bad tournament for Germany is currently very likely :D
As much as I'd enjoy that, they always come good for tournaments (WC 2018 aside). And Gnabry/Sane as a pair of wingers is pretty scary for opposition defenders.
EDIT: In my life time, the Germany tournament cycle usually seems to be (weird feelings of football thread) poor friendly results leading up to the tournament, make light work of their group, lose to the eventual winners in the semi-finals.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just saw the Argentina team. If you take Messi out that team is easily the worst Argentine team I have ever seen. I don't see how they qualify unless Messi can dial back the years.
Good win for them up the mountain. Shouldn't be as much drama for them as in last qualification process.

Ecuador 3-0 Uruguay is interesting scoreline, hints a bit at their problems with their ageing backline.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Just looking at Spain and man they seem to be in big trouble. Their front 3 is Fati plus players from Leeds and Wolves, their 3rd choice CB is a kid who only got in the City team after the lockdown. They are playing Jesus Navas who was very average in his original position and only shoe horned in at RB by Pep as their RB. The golden generation seems to really be well and truly done now.

Sergio Ramos seems like the only legit world class player in their squad right now (and I know many will try to argue he's not WC). Probably one of the weakest Spanish squads I've ever seen.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Just looking at Spain and man they seem to be in big trouble. Their front 3 is Fati plus players from Leeds and Wolves, their 3rd choice CB is a kid who only got in the City team after the lockdown. They are playing Jesus Navas who was very average in his original position and only shoe horned in at RB by Pep as their RB. The golden generation seems to really be well and truly done now.

Sergio Ramos seems like the only legit world class player in their squad right now (and I know many will try to argue he's not WC). Probably one of the weakest Spanish squads I've ever seen.
They are back to their time pre 2008 and it looks like they will stay there for a good few years. Some good individual players, but never enough of them to win a tournament.
But I guess they can live with that, their incredible golden generation made sure of this by winning 3 tournaments in a row.

padr81

Supports
Man City
They are back to their time pre 2008 and it looks like they will stay there for a good few years. Some good individual players, but never enough of them to win a tournament.
But I guess they can live with that, their incredible golden generation made sure of this by winning 3 tournaments in a row.
For sure, its not a terrible team but in comparison to 2010 its Sunday League. It just kinda dawned on me how few players they have starting at the biggest clubs when I saw the squad tonight.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
As far as I'm aware their is no young talent with the potential to be the next Hummels/Boateng.
Very promising talents like Jonathan Tah, Niklas Stark or Lukas Mai didn't develop as hoped in the last 2 or 3 years.

Right now I rate Ginter as the best german central defender.

The most promising talent I know is the 17 years old Bright Arrey-Mbi from Bayern. He is already training regularly with the first team but he hasn't made his debut in a game yet.
Dortmund also have a promising 17 year old in Collins, who people write great things about. Though who can really say how they will turn out in the end. Tah was heaped with praise for year after year and now he might never make it past Leverkusen.
Center back should be the easiest position to produce players for, yet for all their praise everyone since Hummels and Boateng, aside from Süle maybe, either lacks the brains or body.