Internationals October (World Cup Qualifiers + Nations League Finals)

Asger

That will be making a few people feel very old. :lol:
Andri Lucas Gudjohnsen (19) has played 39 minutes in 4 World Cup qualifying cameos for Iceland and has scored 2 goals. Youth player at Real Madrid. The future might be bright for him!

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Noa Lang and Arnaut Danjuma are two very tasty wingers going forward. Lang has the most punch able face and attitude in the history of sports though. Or maybe I'm just old.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Noa Lang and Arnaut Danjuma are two very tasty wingers going forward. Lang has the most punch able face and attitude in the history of sports though. Or maybe I'm just old.
Just googled him and yes, merely a second looking at a photo makes you want to slap some sense into this face.

I am definitively old however.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
fecking typical. We’re missing out on even playoffs, aren’t we?
Turkey is very underwhelming, there is no certain they will beat Montenegro the next match.

If Norway beats Latvia, you can secure the 2nd place.

Eriku

Turkey is very underwhelming, there is no certain they will beat Montenegro the next match.

If Norway beats Latvia, you can secure the 2nd place.
I’ve been through so many bullshit qualifiers with Norway the past 20 years… no way I’m letting go of pessimism in this scenario :lol:

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
I’ve been through so many bullshit qualifiers with Norway the past 20 years… no way I’m letting go of pessimism in this scenario :lol:
Tbh i don't see either Turkey or Norway qualifying to WC, whoever goes to the play-offs

The format now is different, now you have to play like 4 matches with different teams, no more home-away against only 1 team.

Be glad at least the likes of France, Germany, Italy,Belgium will be qualifying directly, so you won't see them in play-offs.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Holland vs Norway will be a great group final. Hopefully our injured players are back in shape and maybe Haaland if fit have one of those good and effective days of his. If we do not succeed now, at least we have a team base that is only going to get better and more talents are on the way from the U-teams. No matter how this turns out, there is a future looking more and more bright for each game played. Most happy about the team spirit and the fact that the defence is starting to look more solid.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Exactly two years since I last was at a game, good to be back again amongst a crowd. Nice result and atmosphere until we're walking out and realise Turkey get a penalty and score a 99th minute winner. So annoying :lol:

Samid

Tbh i don't see either Turkey or Norway qualifying to WC, whoever goes to the play-offs

The format now is different, now you have to play like 4 matches with different teams, no more home-away against only 1 team.

Be glad at least the likes of France, Germany, Italy,Belgium will be qualifying directly, so you won't see them in play-offs.
This is wrong. There are two games only. A semi and a final. 12 teams will become 6 and the 3 winners qualify for the World Cup.

ReddBalls

Holland vs Norway will be a great group final. Hopefully our injured players are back in shape and maybe Haaland if fit have one of those good and effective days of his. If we do not succeed now, at least we have a team base that is only going to get better and more talents are on the way from the U-teams. No matter how this turns out, there is a future looking more and more bright for each game played. Most happy about the team spirit and the fact that the defence is starting to look more solid.
I haven't had much enthusiasm towards landslaget since, I don't know, early 2000's, but went to the game tonight and it was fun. There is finally something to build on, and there seems to be a good combination of rejuvenated players, up-and-coming players and big talents like Ødegaard and Braut finding their feet and becoming leaders. I thought especially Hanche-Olsen and Meling was impressive in the defence today. Elyounoussi and Ødegård were brilliant at times. Sorely lacking Sørloth and Braut today, even though Moi stepped up. Nyland , however was shit.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
This is wrong. There are two games only. A semi and a final. 12 teams will become 6 and the 3 winners qualify for the World Cup.
Yeah it's basically same as nations league format. You played home match v Serbia didn't you?

Think which six teams get home match for SF isn't world rankings but who gets most points finishing 2nd.

Samid

We will probably be the only team in history to pick up 21 points from 10 games and finish third :)
We're unbelievably good at being the team that falls just short in every qualification.

We can say it's unlucky but the reason for it is quite simple. In key games we are always more interested in not losing than winning. Been like that for many years. This qualification has been no different. We were on top against Holland until Haaland hit the post midway through the second half, then decided to shut up shop and settle for a point. We were on top vs Turkey going into the break, then for some reason we came out in the second half and were satisfied with the point. Same Turkey that had shipped a dozen goals in their previous three games, and looked rattled every time we tried attacking them in the first half. We were so satisfied with the point that our goalie got multiple warnings for time wasting and one defender was also booked for it. And people were genuinely happy with the point because apparently Turkey weren't going to beat both Latvia and Montenegro, failing to realise the irony in what they were saying. If Turkey are capable of failing to beat those teams, then why are on earth are we satisfied with a draw against them?

Meanwhile when Holland and Turkey have been on top in these key games they've made it count by first taking the lead and then increasing it. The H2H table with the top 3 teams is what's killing us. We need a shift in mentality and realise three points are always more valuable than one point. Draws in tougher away games only look pretty after you've picked up all the points in those home games.

Samid

Yeah it's basically same as nations league format. You played home match v Serbia didn't you?

Think which six teams get home match for SF isn't world rankings but who gets most points finishing 2nd.
I had erased that game from my memory. Cheers.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I had erased that game from my memory. Cheers.
Sorry. :lol:

I would really like to see Norway make a finals soon especially with Haaland and Odegaard really established in line up now.

Now Scotland, Wales and Hungary are making tournaments you must have longest spell of european nations not to have qualified considering you were regulars in 94-2000 period.

I think you'll make 2024 certainly as even if you miss out this time you should be in pot 2 or 3 at worst.

lysglimt

Scout
We're unbelievably good at being the team that falls just short in every qualification.

We can say it's unlucky but the reason for it is quite simple. In key games we are always more interested in not losing than winning. Been like that for many years. This qualification has been no different. We were on top against Holland until Haaland hit the post midway through the second half, then decided to shut up shop and settle for a point. We were on top vs Turkey going into the break, then for some reason we came out in the second half and were satisfied with the point. Same Turkey that had shipped a dozen goals in their previous three games, and looked rattled every time we tried attacking them in the first half. We were so satisfied with the point that our goalie got multiple warnings for time wasting and one defender was also booked for it. And people were genuinely happy with the point because apparently Turkey weren't going to beat both Latvia and Montenegro, failing to realise the irony in what they were saying. If Turkey are capable of failing to beat those teams, then why are on earth are we satisfied with a draw against them?

Meanwhile when Holland and Turkey have been on top in these key games they've made it count by first taking the lead and then increasing it. The H2H table with the top 3 teams is what's killing us. We need a shift in mentality and realise three points are always more valuable than one point. Draws in tougher away games only look pretty after you've picked up all the points in those home games.
I just realized that in the world cup qualifiers - goal difference counts over head to head - didn't know that. Not that it matters unless we get a point against Holland (most likely). But as much as I agree with your point - no team has ever got 21 points and ended third in a group. That could very possibly happen to Norway - and if that happens, it's bad luck and nothing else.

Ramos

Holland-Norway and Croatia-Russia are both on the final day and could still be deciding games where the winner always qualifies for the WC. Would be nice if it happened.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I just realized that in the world cup qualifiers - goal difference counts over head to head - didn't know that. Not that it matters unless we get a point against Holland (most likely). But as much as I agree with your point - no team has ever got 21 points and ended third in a group. That could very possibly happen to Norway - and if that happens, it's bad luck and nothing else.
Norway will need 3 points in Rotterdam, assuming they beat Latvia and Holland beat Montenegro. If Holland draw Montenegro same story because of goal difference. It's possible and I'm sure Holland will still qualify if they come in second. Not sure Norway will.

lysglimt

Scout
Norway will need 3 points in Rotterdam, assuming they beat Latvia and Holland beat Montenegro. If Holland draw Montenegro same story because of goal difference. It's possible and I'm sure Holland will still qualify if they come in second. Not sure Norway will.
I was thinking about the 2nd place - I take for granted that Holland win

laughtersassassin

Even Southgate moving away from playing two DMs.....

And his two DMs are better at football than the two we play.

Shame no Sancho

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Pretty funny that as soon as Grealish signs for City he's now a regular starter.

Really often is all about who you play for.