Internationals September (Nations League + Friendlies) | England RELEGATED

RopersReturn

Things to mull over after last nights result

1. Southgate is as stubborn as Ole. His beloved 3-5-3 and squad selections. Picking seriously out of form players and throwing them in positions they’re not comfortable in, ie Saka on the left.
2. The FA are run even more badly than we are. Stop dithering, there’s still time to appoint a successor.

Last edited:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I don’t get the Ole comparisons at all. Ole is a much better manager than Southgate and it’s just lazy to pretend they are even remotely similar. I’d be delighted if England appointed Ole with where we are right now. The team is unwatchable for me.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Always pleasing seeing ingurland getting humiliated.

The main reason being the media circus and overrating that goes on, its like the dippers x 999.

izec

I don’t get the Ole comparisons at all. Ole is a much better manager than Southgate and it’s just lazy to pretend they are even remotely similar. I’d be delighted if England appointed Ole with where we are right now. The team is unwatchable for me.
They are the same. Fluked one good season/tournament, the rest is a shambles.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Always pleasing seeing ingurland getting humiliated.

The main reason being the media circus and overrating that goes on, its like the dippers x 999.
In what sense were England humiliated??

We are second favs for the World Cup and just made a semi and final.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Don’t know what people are smoking. Potter is not made for international football, England would just concede too many goals and get knocked out early.
Tuchel would be a good shout, but not for those who want to see attacking football, that’s hardly what I would associate him with.
The team is also a bit overrated. The talent is in the attack. Goalkeeper, defence and midfield are average.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Relegated on nations league is something not to be worried about. It's pretty much a competition to fill the voids on international calendar. A few top teams even use it for experiments.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Relegated on nations league is something not to be worried about. It's pretty much a competition to fill the voids on international calendar. A few top teams even use it for experiments.
Southgate is a bit shit. We know this.

England still have a shout at the World Cup. I didn't even watch it last night, couldn't give a toss about the Nations League.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Southgate is a bit shit. We know this.

England still have a shout at the World Cup. I didn't even watch it last night, couldn't give a toss about the Nations League.
Most National team managers are subpar to be honest. Good club managers are not very keen to manage a NT, so the options are very limited

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It’s Gareth fecking Southgate, the bar isn’t set very high.
It's international football. Which available manager has had more success with a national team? Loew? The guy Southgate schooled a year ago? Go for it. A month before the world cup

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
It's international football. Which available manager has had more success with a national team? Loew? The guy Southgate schooled a year ago? Go for it. A month before the world cup
I never said they should replace him now, but that they should be looking at replacing him and not awarding him a new contract after the World Cup campaign is done.

And if success was an actual measurement for getting the job, Southgate wouldn’t even qualify for it in the first place unless you think getting Boro relegated and coaching the England under 21s is some massive achievement.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I never said they should replace him now, but that they should be looking at replacing him and not awarding him a new contract after the World Cup campaign is done.
Even if they win the world cup?

And if success was an actual measurement for getting the job, Southgate wouldn’t even qualify for it in the first place unless you think getting Boro relegated and coaching the England under 21s is some massive achievement.
The fact that they hired him in the first place should tell you what the market for national team managers is like

Marwood

Is there any team playing 5 at the back and getting real, genuine, success with it?

Paul_Scholes18

In what sense were England humiliated??

We are second favs for the World Cup and just made a semi and final.
You understand why England are bigger favorites than France by bookies? Both teams have underperformed in nations league, but France got the better team and have more winning mentality.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
You understand why England are bigger favorites than France by bookies? Both teams have underperformed in nations league, but France got the better team and have more winning mentality.
I work in odds compiling yes.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
They are the same. Fluked one good season/tournament, the rest is a shambles.
It’s just complete nonsense. Ole is levels above Southgate it isn’t even debatable. The football we played was a thousand times better than this England side.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
People saying not to take international friendlies serious when Southgate is actively taking them serious is weird. He’s just shit. Not sure why some are afraid to admit it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Where did they find this fool of a ref? Never seen this many free kicks. Let the game flow ffs.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Nyland can feck off. So can the manager for starting a GK who doesn't have a fecking club.

Deery

Dreary
Unbelievable header, but how in the hell Kosovo haven’t won this…2-1 N Ireland!