g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

IPL 2016

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
MI have a very strong overseas pool of players, with Pollard and Malinga automatic starters for them be hard for Buttler to nail down a starting place
Butler is a better player than Pollard. Unless they take into account Pollard's bowling (which is shite anyway) then Butler should be above Pollard in the pecking order.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
IPL's fantasy league is pretty good tbh.

KM

Delhi's team should be

Iyer
DeKock
Aggarwal
Nair
Duminy
Samson
Morris/Braithwaite
Negi
Tahir
Mishra
Zaheer/Shami

Depending on the pitch ofcourse. Don't know why they've shelled out so much on Negi, but they can always drop Duminy and play both Morris and Braithwaite.

suheilsworld

Will be supporting RCB as always but bowling looks weak. They have not strengthened it. I am from Pune, so might support Pune too this time. Reaching India on 18th May, so might try and go for the 21st May game in Pune. One of the eliminators is there too. Hope to go for my first IPL game this year.

prath92

Delhi's team should be

Iyer
DeKock
Aggarwal
Nair
Duminy
Samson
Morris/Braithwaite
Negi
Tahir
Mishra
Zaheer/Shami

Depending on the pitch ofcourse. Don't know why they've shelled out so much on Negi, but they can always drop Duminy and play both Morris and Braithwaite.
A bit too much spin though? Mishra Tahir Negi and Duminy? Zak sure to start being captain so might as well put shami in for one of Tahir or Mishra

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Another IPL and more pain for Delhi fans like me, hope we avoid a bottom place finish. Hoping for big things from De kock

NinjaFletch

Butler is a better player than Pollard. Unless they take into account Pollard's bowling (which is shite anyway) then Butler should be above Pollard in the pecking order.
Pollard's also been out injured since the world cup, and was fat as feck last time I saw him on the TV.

Member 60376

Korbo lorbo jeetbo re. :D

I find it impossible to support a particular team either tbh, that makes the whole thing more enjoyable. Supported KKR and MI due to Dada and Sachin but with them gone, it isn't close to being the same.
Korbo lorbo morbo

MDFC Manager

Surprised no one has gone for Badree. Was he part of the auction?
Part of the RCB squad. Which makes it strong, but a couple of foreigners too many maybe.

Gayle
Watson
Kohli
AB
Sarfaraz
KL Rahul
Binny
Harshal Patel
Chahal
Aaron
Starc/Badree

Strong spine but the Indian fillers are average at best

prath92

SRH Team

David Warner
Shikhar Dhawan
Kane Williamson
Yuvraj Singh
Naman Ojha
Moises Henriques
DJ Hooda
Trent Boult
Karn Sharma
Bhuvaneshwar Kumar
Ashish Nehra

RPS Team

Ajinkya Rahane
Faf Du Plessis
KP
Steven Smith
MS Dhoni
Mitchell Marsh
Ankit Sharma
Rajat Bhatia
R Ashwin
Irfan Pathan
Ishwar Pandey

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Chahal is good so I'm not sure Badree will play but given the sorry state of the fast bowling contingent (except Watson) they might as well pick 2 spinners.

If RCB bat to anywhere near their potential the bowling probably won't matter but they normally find a way to feck up and not even qualify. I mean that top 4 is just absurdly good. Plus they probably have the best youngster in Indian cricket atm at no 5.

NinjaFletch

Part of the RCB squad. Which makes it strong, but a couple of foreigners too many maybe.

Gayle
Watson
Kohli
AB
Sarfaraz
KL Rahul
Binny
Harshal Patel
Chahal
Aaron
Starc/Badree

Strong spine but the Indian fillers are average at best
Reports are that Starc won't be given the green light to play given his injury problems I thought?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Whats the best app for cricket for the iphone? I want a proper app like the ESPN does for the team you choose. Every fixture, every game, every news update I want to get for the country I support.

KM

Starc isn't playing.

Neutral

BTV
someone said earlier this edition of the IPL just doesn't feel right, with it being so close after the WC. It's the opposite for me...I haven't watched very many games in the last 3/4 years, but, plan on watching quite a few this time around.

Got the T20 bug proper :lol:

Norris

@prath92 , if you are gonna start a cricket thread about a tourney, atleast do it like how @Samid does it, with fancy images, cheerleaders, schedules etc. Lazy Bugger :p

RDCR07

someone said earlier this edition of the IPL just doesn't feel right, with it being so close after the WC. It's the opposite for me...I haven't watched very many games in the last 3/4 years, but, plan on watching quite a few this time around.

Got the T20 bug proper :lol:
Same here!

RDCR07

IPL's fantasy league is pretty good tbh.
Just registered my team. We should get a Redcafe league going if possible.

Rahane
Rayudu
Kohli
Iyer
Simmons
Dhoni
Duminy
Badree
Yuz Chalal
Harbhajan
Rahman

Last edited:

Norris

Totally in. Although, you might want to split those tags. I didn't get an alert. Max is 10 per post I think.

RDCR07

This is my first year actually following the IPL in detail from the start. How does choosing the international players work? Why isn't someone like Root in there but his teammates are? Also doesn't look like every country takes part?

Varun

Staff
Thanks for the invite mate but I don't follow it seriously enough to have a fantasy team in.

Norris

Thanks for the invite mate but I don't follow it seriously enough to have a fantasy team in.
I haven't watched the IPL since the first iteration. Like I am an expert. :p. Just join, if you win, you get the chance to gloat like an ass! :p. I'm in it just for that.

RDCR07

Didn't you see my post? This is my first year following the IPL properly. Im just going off my knowledge with what I saw in the T20 WC last month.

Varun

Staff
I haven't watched the IPL since the first iteration. Like I am an expert. :p. Just join, if you win, you get the chance to gloat like an ass! :p. I'm in it just for that.
Didn't you see my post? This is my first year following the IPL properly. Im just going off my knowledge with what I saw in the T20 WC last month.
Alright then, that's me sold :D

KM

Flat Track Bullies XI is proud to join RedCafe league.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This is my first year actually following the IPL in detail from the start. How does choosing the international players work? Why isn't someone like Root in there but his teammates are? Also doesn't look like every country takes part?
Because Root is a test player. England play tests early next month and I guess Root will be playing county cricket for the next few weeks to prepare for the summer.

Morgan doesn't play tests and Buttler got dropped from the team a few months back. I'm a bit surprised Buttler is there, would have thought he wanted to reclaim his test place. The domestic season is getting underway this weekend so it isn't like the Rashid situation where the options are limited to either sending him to Big Bash or carrying the drinks for the test team.

As for the auction you nominate yourself I think with a base price. Then it's up to the franchises to decide if they want to bid on you.

England have had a conservative approach to the IPL. Looks a bit more relaxed now with their new coaching staff, bigger emphasis on limited overs cricket. Pakistan players haven't been picked since the first edition of the IPL because of the Mumbai (?) attacks in 2008 or 2009.

Last edited:

prath92

How is Negi going to do this year?
Negi was decent for CSK and DD before. Took a fifer in a match and played some decent shots towards the end of the innings in many games. One of the better Indian young all rounders