IPL 2022

Who will this edition?

• Total voters

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Padikkal was pulling the trigger but out now. Seems it's Buttler struggling mostly. At some point he is going to have to take some risks.

Think 160/170 is needed to at least put a competitive total for GT.
Yeah let’s see how Hetmyr gets on. I was about to post about padikkal. He was at RCB last season wasnt he? Surprised he wasn’t retained. Seemed talented from what I recall and he was opening for them.

SirAnderson

Yeah let’s see how Hetmyr gets on. I was about to post about padikkal. He was at RCB last season wasnt he? Surprised he wasn’t retained. Seemed talented from what I recall and he was opening for them.
Yeah I think they tried but ended up going to RR.

He hasn't been that consistent this season though, just the one 50 this season and has basically had like 3 or 4 knocks like he's done today, but not able to stay on longer.

I keep finding myself cheering for a boundary as well as wishing for a wicket :lol:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah I think they tried but ended up going to RR.

He hasn't been that consistent this season though, just the one 50 this season and has basically had like 3 or 4 knocks like he's done today, but not able to stay on longer.

I keep finding myself cheering for a boundary as well as wishing for a wicket :lol:
Buttlers made a deal with the devil :lol:

AshRK

Big kudos to Gujarat. RR should be gutted and may have blown the chance to play the finals.

SirAnderson

DK so lucky there original decision was not out.

I'm so torn again as to who I want to win, but leaning more toward LSG than RCB but still, love DK and Hasaranga and of course it's a choice between Faf or De Kock for me.

MDFC Manager

DK so lucky there original decision was not out.

I'm so torn again as to who I want to win, but leaning more toward LSG than RCB but still, love DK and Hasaranga and of course it's a choice between Faf or De Kock for me.
Think if RCB don't get 170, they're toast

SirAnderson

Think if RCB don't get 170, they're toast
Yeah agreed. LSG's record is better batting first though, but this pitch as showed yesterday is perfect for chasing. They will need at least another 60 runs in this last 5 overs, but even that may not be enough.

DK going to have to really get back to that 200 strike rate tonight.

SirAnderson

If someone said Faf, Kohli and Maxwell were all going for cheap, you’d reckon RCB would struggle to make 150 here. Take a bow Patidar (& DK).
Yeah this is a massive total, not sure LSG will be able to chase it tbh. Would be the highest chase for an eliminator they just said.
De Kock may have used up all he's runs last match :nervous: They would need to not lose more than 1 wicket powerplay while starting strong to keep the RR in check.

sport2793

Appalling that India did not select Mohsin Khan for the next T20I series, absolutely appalling.

SirAnderson

Appalling that India did not select Mohsin Khan for the next T20I series, absolutely appalling.
It's probably not good for him personally, but I don't think it's the end of the world really, when you look at the squad that was announced they have both Malik and Arshdeep getting maiden call ups, so they clearly want to test the waters with them first. Also seems like they want to test the spin combination of Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal who both have been really great for their teams this season.

India still have T20s with England and West Indies before the world cup, so I'm sure he will feature there.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah this is a massive total, not sure LSG will be able to chase it tbh. Would be the highest chase for an eliminator they just said.
De Kock may have used up all he's runs last match :nervous: They would need to not lose more than 1 wicket powerplay while starting strong to keep the RR in check.
Swings and roundabouts I guess. QdK dropped the previous match and he punished them. Now Patidar was dropped (in his 70’s iirc? and 90’s again), and they’ve paid the price. Hope for a good chase though.