Iran v US confrontation

Carolina Red

Staff
And I’ll ask again; why was he in Iraq?
You’ve got a few days before you return to work (err, teach?) so educate me. Why was Suleimani in Iraq?
In relation to what I posted, what does it matter?

I mean... speculation is that he was there because pro-Iranian militias were involved in what happened with the US embassy.

But I asked for clarification on a question asked by the member of Congress about assassinating a member of a foreign government in Iraq. What he’s doing in Iraq doesn’t change any of those details.

Achilles McCool

In relation to what I posted, what does it matter?

I mean... speculation is that he was there because pro-Iranian militias were involved in what happened with the US embassy.

But I asked for clarification on a question asked by the member of Congress about assassinating a member of a foreign government in Iraq. What he’s doing in Iraq doesn’t change any of those details.
That key fact is the sole reason for this discussion

Un4givableB

I didn't know if the news had reached South Carolina yet, flying planes into buildings is a Saudi thing.

Carolina Red

Staff
That key fact is the sole reason for this discussion
My post was saying I wanted an answer to this question...

“The question is this - as reports suggest, did America just assassinate, without any congressional authorization, the second most powerful person in Iran, knowingly setting off a potential massive regional war?”

It was posted before the Pentagon released an official statement saying essentially “yes, that’s exactly what we did”.

So, since the Pentagon has answered said question, for the love of god, will you either piss or get off the pot about whatever grand revelation you think you’re about to make here?

Achilles McCool

My post was saying I wanted an answer to this question...

“The question is this - as reports suggest, did America just assassinate, without any congressional authorization, the second most powerful person in Iran, knowingly setting off a potential massive regional war?”
Bold statement above is the key. He wasn’t in Iran.

Carolina Red

Staff
That's alright then.

Assassinate people only outside their country of origin.

And on a Friday.
Can you figure out what he’s trying to get at?

Does he think the congressman is claiming that Suleimani was killed in Iran? Or that you have to be in a country to be powerful in it?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
So to rehash the run up to this - Several pentagon officials resign - Eric Trump tweets something big is about the happen with USA USA etc in it. Stocks of the largest defense contractors jump up. Tweet gets deleted. Air strike on a foreign national at an international airport with tons of civilians around including incoming US flights. The war Donnie said Obama would start to distract and the platform he ran on to keep us out of unnecessary wars were all projection. John Bolton - who loves a war with Iran was a likely star witness in the impeachment. Yet Hillary is a war mongerer.

Did I miss anything ?

Achilles McCool

So to rehash the run up to this - Several pentagon officials resign - Eric Trump tweets something big is about the happen with USA USA etc in it. Stocks of the largest defense contractors jump up. Tweet gets deleted. Air strike on a foreign national at an international airport with tons of civilians around including incoming US flights. The war Donnie said Obama would start to distract and the platform he ran on to keep us out of unnecessary wars were all projection. John Bolton - who loves a war with Iran was a likely star witness in the impeachment. Yet Hillary is a war mongerer.

Did I miss anything ?
I’m afraid you missed it all

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Bold statement above is the key. He wasn’t in Iran.
:lol: so the logic is it is fine to knowingly assassinate high profile government figures if they leave their country. So I'm assuming you would have no issues with Trump or whoever the top US general is these days being targeted the next time they visited another country.

Ultimately it doesn't matter where they are at the time, it is about who they are.

Achilles McCool

:lol: so the logic is it is fine to knowingly assassinate high profile government figures if they leave their country. So I'm assuming you would have no issues with Trump or whoever the top US general is these days being targeted the next time they visited another country.

Ultimately it doesn't matter where they are at the time, it is about who they are.
If Kim Jong-un wandered into Tokyo, I would think he’s fair game, yes.

Carolina Red

Staff
So I'm assuming you would have no issues with Trump or whoever the top US general is these days being targeted the next time they visited another country.
“Aha! But clearly that general wouldn’t be the top general in America if he’s in [insert country here]!”

Darkhorsez

Beautiful rebuttal! I look forward to your retort in the “how to spot a bellend” thread.
If there was such a thread, you would be the first winner I am afraid. The issue here is not whether you support either party involved. It is around action taken that may quickly escalate to something much more significant and dangerous for the region and the world.

Achilles McCool

Insulting another member
I already found one without having to try hard it seems. You re doing a stellar job embracing the role.

Let's hear from people who are not just here to wind things up and insult others.
How about the non-imaginary power of walking yourself into a warning for attacking the poster and not the post?
I will attack both! Especially if said post/poster is spewing ignorance!

Dante

Average bang
If it was Iran firing a missile to kill a top American general on foreign soil, this would be described as terrorism.

Achilles McCool

If there was such a thread, you would be the first winner I am afraid. The issue here is not whether you support either party involved. It is around action taken that may quickly escalate to something much more significant and dangerous for the region and the world.
More dangerous than the Middle East? You’re having a laugh!