Iran v US confrontation

Giggsyking

How likely is it for the iraqi government to agree to expel the Americans?
The Iraqi PM now is a caretaker after his resignation last month. He has no right to make that decisions. It can only happen If the next PM take that decision and I think this is very unlikely.

Foxbatt

The Iraqi PM now is a caretaker after his resignation last month. He has no right to make that decisions. It can only happen If the next PM take that decision and I think this is very unlikely.
The man who is likely to be the next PM has already said that . This is a win win for Iraq as they are calling for all Foreign troops to leave. It is good that they can get rid of all foreign troops.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

Ta da!

Based on some googling, Iran's breakout time is 7-12 months once they start enrichment. So hypothetically, without intervention, Iran could conceivably test a bomb before November.

Last edited:

TheReligion

Abusive
The scenes in Iranian parliament were bizarre. Like a pack of wild raging animals and these are supposed to be government officials?

MDFC Manager

Pre emotive nuke from Israel... Netenyahu wins the election and grants himself immunity
Trump nicks the oilfields and wins the 2020 election.
Then Back to insulting / threatening Kim fatty the third
At least it will accelerate the end of the world. Don't want too many future generations to face the fallouts of our sins.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Pre emotive nuke from Israel... Netenyahu wins the election and grants himself immunity
I added an edit of how long it would take Iran to get enough material to build a bomb: 7-12 months. So this could get out of hand quickly.

Giggsyking

will Liverpool win their 20th title by then?

Last edited:

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

So they didn't withdraw completely from the JCPOA, but they just won't abide by any restrictions on enrichment. I'm not sure how much different that is than withdrawing, but I guess it gives them a way to walk it back in the future rather than a clean break.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Last edited:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
This is probably the most important piece of this so far assuming it's all legitimate:

Might have been mentioned elsewhere in the thread but just read reporters from NPR, the Washington Post and the Guardian initially reported that Trump asked the Iraqi PM to mediate with Iran through Soleimani and he was killed right before he got to the meeting.

Apparently the Iraqi PM has now confirmed this to be the case with a statement.

No wonder Iraq would be pissed off as well.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I think this is all part of a broader scheme/excuse to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities.
In the longer term its more basic than that:

1990s-2010s - Iraqi oil
2020s-2030s - Irani oil
2040s-2080s? - Gulf states and Saudi oil

Why the feck will China, Russia, US, UK want a war. They want the spoils.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

1990s-2010s - Iraqi oil
2020s-2030s - Irani oil

That’s not basic at all. It’s just wrong.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Very likely . And there is not a thing the US can do about it.
In the event that the new Iraqi PM decides to go through with such a request, the Americans could respond by immediately recognizing the independence of Kurdistan and its claim to Kirkuk, in effect bringing an end to Iraq as we’ve known it for 100 years.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal

1990s-2010s - Iraqi oil
2020s-2030s - Irani oil

If we're still dependent on oil by 2030 then we'll have bigger issues to worry about.

The Firestarter

I am sure all american personnel and civilians in the ME feels much more secure now , as that moron Pompeo stated.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Gotta say one thing - Iran is absolutely terrible at capitalizing on moments such as these to sway public opinion. I agree that things like that bounty only bolster someone like Trump and followers.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
While all of this happens let us remind ourselves of how useless and pointless of an organization the united nations is.

I dont see enough hate thrown towards the U.N. they are nothing but an extension of the wealthy nations