Iran v US confrontation

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Sorry, but these are strawmen. I never said either. You're also confusing my first and second post, misquoting the latter as bad as it gets.
The latter is a direct quote, the former I clearly labelled as an interpretation of your post and not your post itself - explaining how your post came across to the people who took it in that way.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

Massive walk back from Trump. I wonder how many crayons were used (and eaten) trying to explain to him what he said wrong. And I also wonder how many world leaders and military advisors spoke to him about winding back the rhetoric?
He's such an idiot.

Foxbatt

Isn't it an occupation if another country keeps it's troops in another country without the permission of the host nation? If Iraqis want foreign forces to leave then if they refuse legally isn't it illegal occupation?

Marcelinho87

Isn't it an occupation if another country keeps it's troops in another country without the permission of the host nation? If Iraqis want foreign forces to leave then if they refuse legally isn't it illegal occupation?
Yes but who is going to uphold that law and ensure the US complies?

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Hopefully the last one before putting this issue to bed...
The latter is a direct quote
Here's what you said I wrote:
He literally replied (...) by saying 'do you really believe this is the attitude of Shia Islam (90% of Iranian people) towards America/The West?'
Here's what I wrote:
(...) do you believe this is really the essence of Shia Islamism's attitude towards America and what they perceive as the West?
2cents even spelled this out for you before you repeated it again. Putting the "90 % of Iranian people" into that 'direct quote' really takes the cake. Please just stop it, so we can move on.

Drifter

American
No War With Iran’ marches set for Thursday across US

Conflict between Iran and the U.S. reached a new height last week when, on January 3, a drone strike ordered by Trump assassinated Iranian military commander Qasem Soleimani. Iran has vowed to retaliate for the killing of the popular—and powerful—Soleimani, with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif calling the attack “rogue adventurism.”

According to a Tuesday press release from the coalition, Thursday’s marches will focus on beating back continuing White House threats to attack Iran.

“In the wake of the Trump administration’s reckless assassination of Iranian General Soleimani, and threats to escalate conflict, activists carrying a ‘no war’ message will urge restraint and that the United States avoid yet another unnecessary, costly war of choice in the Middle East,” the group said.

At press time there were 66 marches and demonstrations planned, with more to come.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
From the horse’s mouth:

Let’s see what the Americans and Iraqis report.

pauldyson1uk

If the reports of Rockets are true and there is no real evidence that it is.
There is a fleet of 7 x B52s either already on the ground or on the way to Diego Garcia, Thump will have no hesitation in using them.

Giggsyking

USA and Iran, Keep this war away from Iraqi people. They have suffered enough.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Sorry to say but you guys will probably be the main battlefield :( these lot are absolute cnuts all they do is spread distruction and misery.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Unfortunately that will be the playground. Poor people have suffered enough.

These bastard politicians should be made to send a family member on the front line and see how willing they are to commit to it then.

Fergies Gum

You would presume the air defence systems at the bases will keep the casualty numbers low.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

I'm guessing the US response depends somewhat on the impact of the attacks (whether the missiles were intercepted, casualties, etc.), but I have a bad feeling about this.