Iran v US confrontation

Giggsyking

Found it on the internet, the video was uploaded today, but not sure if it is of the today attacks. The people talking in the video saying the missiles are hitting the Americans.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Feck me, was so disappointed with our result I didn't realise things had escalated a tad.... who knows how far this will go.

Trump:rolleyes:

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Nope, it’s purely under the command of the President. The Sec Def has to confirm the order came from the President, but has no veto power.
Well that's terrifying. Hopefully all of his advisers will be telling him it's basically not an option.

pauldyson1uk

Nope, it’s purely under the command of the President. The Sec Def has to confirm the order came from the President, but has no veto power.
This is scary.
The abrupt and pointed resignation of Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis on Thursday alarmed official Washington. Sen. Mark R. Warner (D-Va.) called him an “an island of stability amid the chaos of the Trump administration.” Retiring Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) told The Washington Post that “having Mattis there gave all of us a great deal more comfort than we have now.”
Mattis’s departure seems to be provoking unease, especially considering how dangerous our nuclear-command arrangements are. The notion that Mattis, a former four-star Marine Corps general, could have blocked or defied a move by Trump to impulsively launch nuclear weapons may have seemed comforting, but it shouldn’t have been. The secretary of defense has no legal position in the nuclear chain of command, and any attempts by a secretary of defense to prevent the president from exercising the authority to use nuclear weapons would be undemocratic and illegal. With or without Mattis, the president has unchecked and complete authority to launch nuclear weapons based on his sole discretion.

Jazz

O chance unless he gets drunk and breaks into wherever you launch the nukes from with no resistance or checks in place
Someone better tie him up to make sure. Never thought he would be this stupid, but he went and provoked Iran anyway.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Sorry for spreading the thought, seeing the tweet about the sec def carrying something large put the idea in my head

Jazz

This is scary.
The abrupt and pointed resignation of Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis on Thursday alarmed official Washington. Sen. Mark R. Warner (D-Va.) called him an “an island of stability amid the chaos of the Trump administration.” Retiring Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) told The Washington Post that “having Mattis there gave all of us a great deal more comfort than we have now.”
Mattis’s departure seems to be provoking unease, especially considering how dangerous our nuclear-command arrangements are. The notion that Mattis, a former four-star Marine Corps general, could have blocked or defied a move by Trump to impulsively launch nuclear weapons may have seemed comforting, but it shouldn’t have been. The secretary of defense has no legal position in the nuclear chain of command, and any attempts by a secretary of defense to prevent the president from exercising the authority to use nuclear weapons would be undemocratic and illegal. With or without Mattis, the president has unchecked and complete authority to launch nuclear weapons based on his sole discretion.
So I thought Congress has to approve any drastic actions? How is Trump seemingly in full control here?