Iran v US confrontation

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Seems to me Israel should weigh the options very very carefully. Many in the ME would love the excuse to go after Israel directly - and in some ways that would be Iran s better shot at hurting American interests in the region.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
You made the objective claim of Soleimani being a war criminal, citing Iranian opposition sources and referencing his involvement in killing a designated terrorist group as your justifications.
Those sources aren't inaccurate regardless of how slanted they are, and I stand by them. Look, I think Trump is a war-hawkish twat with a big-willy complex who'd happily see the world burn, I'm not on his side. But it bothers in many ways, that people are happy to call him a war criminal whilst basically saying nothing in condemnation of the feckwit they killed.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

Hopefully this means any insane decisions will be put off for the night. It's typical of Trump to fail to go in front of the American people when any other president would feel duty-bound to do so.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Iran state media is claiming that 30 US soldiers have been killed.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
They’re having to break down the words on the teleprompter into phonetic spellings for him.

Revan

Assumptionman

Hopefully this means any insane decisions will be put off for the night. It's typical of Trump to fail to go in front of the American people when any other president would feel duty-bound to do so.
The security of the world now depends if the first thing in the morning he watches is Tucker or Hannity’s show. Come on Tucker, be a superhero and save the world.

Redplane

I was just thinking that it surely is unusual any POTUS wouldn't address the nation after the attack on the general. This in a way even more so.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Ignorance has consequences.

Trump and his supporters have spent the last few years running like Wile e Coyote pretending gravity doesn't exist. Somehow the disintegration of the GOP has enabled them to keep running on air.

This is the moment they realise the ground is gone. They're a bunch of cons with no knowledge and limited intelligence. They've gutted the defense hierarchy and replaced decades of experience with yes men who know nothing other than how to check their conscience at the door.

And now it comes crashing down. As so many predicted.

This escalation is 100% on the GOP. Not Trump.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
The interesting question then is how does Iraq respond to Iranian attacks that have cost them casualties. I'd imagine they weren't warned beforehand.
Iran warned days ago that Iraqis should stay away from US bases.

Kaos

Those sources aren't inaccurate regardless of how slanted they are, and I stand by them. Look, I think Trump is a war-hawkish twat with a big-willy complex who'd happily see the world burn, I'm not on his side. But it bothers in many ways, that people are happy to call him a war criminal whilst basically saying nothing in condemnation of the feckwit they killed.
They aren't inaccurate sources, just extremely weak justifications to paint him as a supposed war-mongering terrorist the white house would want you to believe he is. Regardless, it doesn't justify the needless and dangerous provocation Trump and his hawkish associates have unleashed here, irrespective of what you think of Soleimani.

Redplane

The security of the world now depends if the first thing in the morning he watches is Tucker or Hannity’s show. Come on Tucker, be a superhero and save the world.
:lol::nervous:

I know about Tucker s condemnation of it all but what has Hannity said about it? I doubt he would have questioned his BFF?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Ignorance has consequences.

Trump and his supporters have spent the last few years running like Wile e Coyote pretending gravity doesn't exist. Somehow the disintegration of the GOP has enabled them to keep running on air.

This is the moment they realise the ground is gone. They're a bunch of cons with no knowledge and limited intelligence. They've gutted the defense hierarchy and replaced decades of experience with yes men who know nothing other than how to check their conscience at the door.

And now it comes crashing down. As so many predicted.

This escalation is 100% on the GOP. Not Trump.
Let's not his ourselves that they will have a watershed moment. They will cry USA USA and happily bomb Iran. The voters won't care about the middle East being on fire. They'll spin this into a great patriotic moment of American heroes bombing evil terrorists for FREEDOM. And they will get away with it.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
I was just thinking that it surely is unusual any POTUS wouldn't address the nation after the attack on the general. This in a way even more so.
It's insane and a demonstration of his unfitness for office. This is part of the job, so is addressing the American public after traumatic events at home. He never does this basic part of the job.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
“CNN:
National security officials just left the White House
Top national security officials — including Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Defense Secretary Mark Esper — have departed the White House.
Vice President Mike Pence also departed.”

Beachryan

Let's not his ourselves that they will have a watershed moment. They will cry USA USA and happily bomb Iran. The voters won't care about the middle East being on fire. They'll spin this into a great patriotic moment of American heroes bombing evil terrorists for FREEDOM.
To be fair, only about 35% of them will say that, but you are, of course, correct. Anyone remember when Team America was satire?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I remember talking to an american many years ago about the war in Afghanistan and when someone mentioned the casualties he said something like "yeah but it's mostly npc's, so who cares". I had to ask to be informed npc is a non-player character in videogames. So for a lot of westerners, non-americans or non-westerners are just random numbers, not real people.

Giggsyking

I remember talking to an american many years ago about the war in Afghanistan and when someone mentioned the casualties he said something like "yeah but it's mostly npc's, so who cares". I had to ask to be informed npc is a non-player character in videogames. So for a lot of westerners, non-americans or non-westerners are just random numbers, not real people.
How low can people be?

Beachryan

What if generals stop following trump's orders? It's getting insane.
He got rid of all the generals that would argue.

The GOP could end this tomorrow. But they won't, because he is their only route to existence. They are the evil here.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Becuase they're so insulated from reality. The average westerner lives in their own bubble.

Its sickening