Is Antoine Griezmann the most cringeworthy footballer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decomposing In Paris

If we don't sign Antoine Griezmann (probably the second best player in the world at playing the false 9, a position we could really do with strengthening) because he's got a bad haircut/celebration/social media presence... and act like jilted exes because he decided to stay with his club when they got a transfer ban... then we deserve what we get.

For me, it would all be about how much he would cost us.

redshaw

Top player with bags of CL experience that we could do with up front. I don't see us dropping 120 million for him though.

Maybe he wants a change but I thought he was after league titles and a CL title. Lets be real, he could help us achieve those things but we aren't at that level yet. Going to Barca you get that. We might not even finish in the top 4 and the way our league is there's no guarantee next season unlike other leagues.

Then there's his what I feel is disrespect for his current club and his own stated lifestyle and weather concerns. He's probably better off staying in sunny Madrid. He'd have no problem playing for Real Madrid.

Cheekiey

If we don't sign Antoine Griezmann (probably the second best player in the world at playing the false 9, a position we could really do with strengthening) because he's got a bad haircut/celebration/social media presence... and act like jilted exes because he decided to stay with his club when they got a transfer ban... then we deserve what we get.

€200m release clause right now which changes in the summer to €120m. No brainer imo

Macedonian Red

Griezeman will fit perfectly as a false 9 in derby matches in 4312. Problem is which position he wil play when we will play with 433. He is not a right winger, and with Rash and Rom he cant play as central forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Revan

Assumptionman
Griezeman will fit perfectly as a false 9 in derby matches in 4312. Problem is which position he wil play when we will play with 433. He is not a right winger, and with Rash and Rom he cant play as central forward.
He has played a lot in the right wing, though his best position is playing just behind the striker. Also, he played very well in a free undefined role during the World Cup.

Whiskey Red

Supports
Liverpool
Think his wages might put some bidders off, 340k a week! And he is probably wanting a pay rise :lol:

Decomposing In Paris

€200m release clause right now which changes in the summer to €120m. No brainer imo
He would transform out attack. He's imaginative, hard working, cool under pressure, great finisher, surprisingly good in the air... he's even mates with Pogba. He's worth that to us.

Greizmann would start, and move interchangeably with our other forwards.

Irrational.

Griezmann can feck off, the attention-seeking shite. He’s had ample opportunity to join us or another top team and has bottled it every time with some song and dance media shitstorm.

Joe Sowerby

No brainer to sign him, can be as much of a child all he want's you'll never find me saying no to a top 5 player in the world

tieunhilang

No brainer to sign him, can be as much of a child all he want's you'll never find me saying no to a top 5 player in the world
The thing is, he is not the same devastating Griezmann from 2 years ago. He is 28 years old already and soon reaching his decline, not to mention he would have to adapt to the most physical league in Europe.

And for you guys who say that his stats in big games these 2 seasons are not impressive because of Atletico's play style and chances created... What difference would Manchester United make for him? Do we create better and more high-quality chances than Atletico do in Europe? Or it would be become another headache of "Finding the formation to get the best out of Griezmann", or "How could he play great if services provided to him are poor". We need quality star players who produce worldies DESPITE his team's performance, not another Pogba who would need someone to clean his ass up in midfield so he can do what he wants. We have that problems with Pogba and Martial already. We don't need another.

Status
Not open for further replies.