Is Antoine Griezmann the most cringeworthy footballer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RochaRoja

Of course he is.

The celebrations, the Uruguay thing, the blackface, his awful hairstyles.

I honestly think he would be more highly rated if he wasn’t such an embarrassment of a man.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I don’t find him that cringeworthy, just immature. He’s a kid at heart who stopped mentally developing at the age of 11.

His wife is a child psychologist, funnily enough.

InfiniteBoredom

I don’t find him that cringeworthy, just immature. He’s a kid at heart who stopped mentally developing at the age of 11.

His wife is a child psychologist, funnily enough.
Having a real life case study must have been part of the attraction.

Red Stone

When he started doing the "Take the L" celebration I was put off the idea of signing him forever. He's a twat.

Cloud7

The guy is a character. He’s harmless. Football needs more characters and less James Milners.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's that one guy who has the attitude of a tough guy or a gangsta but doesn't have the look. He could sit there at Mc Donalds eating a happy meal and nothing would seem wrong at all.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Yes, I've been thinking this for a while now. Fortnite goal celebrations should count as a negative goal.

OverratedOpinion

I think he spends a lot of time trying to appeal to the fortnite generation, bound to end up looking a bit silly to those of us who are a bit older than 10.

Needham

He debased the sport we love with that Fortnite 'L'oser celebration in the world cup final. But there's footage of him online having a word with himself, and since then he's matured, evolved, and god damn it if he hasn't become something verging on the British.

ActionJackson

I don't see as much of him as I do the United boys but I'd be amazed if he gets anywhere near Lingard or Pogba in the embarrassing stakes. I know most people don't like to see the bad in players whilst they are still at the club but when those 2 eventually leave I will celebrate.

At least the immature/embarrassing players we had in the past like Rio, Giggs, Rooney and Evra were focused on the game as soon as they stepped on to the pitch whereas the current players seem to see game time as their moment in the limelight to dance, prance and do childish handshakes.

AndyJ1985

He's one of many footballers who make me cringe. But I put it down to me being completely out of touch with pop culture and social media. It's better to just block out all of that irritating shite and focus on the football

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
As a footballer he doesn't make me cringe, but as an adult? Yes.
Brilliant footballer.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I agree with the Ronaldo callout. We've all got used to him by now, but he is and has always been the definition of cringeworthy.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
The guy is a character. He’s harmless. Football needs more characters and less James Milners.
What you dislikeabout Milner beside playing for 'pool? He shuts up and does his stuff.

I rather dislike guys like Dembele or Aubameyang who are disrespectful to the clubs they play for or Sergio Ramos being dirty.

Football needs more guys like Ibrahimovic who are real characters (depite if you like him or not). I can't stand to listen to the same phrases in every interview.

RochaRoja

Cristiano is too creepy to be merely cringeworthy.

His family situation with the Michael Jackson oddly acquired children and his Tom Cruise fake wife are just bizarre.

I’d love to just cringe when he posts those ridiculous family photos online but they just seem too damn sinister.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
He's that one guy who has the attitude of a tough guy or a gangsta but doesn't have the look. He could sit there at Mc Donalds eating a happy meal and nothing would seem wrong at all.
That's amazing. Simply true :lol:

Escape Goat

Supports
Forest
Cristiano is too creepy to be merely cringeworthy.

His family situation with the Michael Jackson oddly acquired children and his Tom Cruise fake wife are just bizarre.

I’d love to just cringe when he posts those ridiculous family photos online but they just seem too damn sinister.
He's just milking the "straight" marketing money, which is a shame he feels the need to do that, I bet if he "came out" his marketing value would actually increase give the woke age in which we live.

Snafu17

Does he? Because he does Fortnite dances and listens to drake? That's the least gangsta thing I can think of. If anything he has an attitude of a middle class, suburban fourteen year-old.

The correct answer is Memphis. I mean I don't even mind him really, but he's the absolute winner. You just need to check his Instagram acc to understand how he's undisputedly the silliest.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I actually love how he winds up people while being absolutely harmless.:lol:

Marcelinho87

I don't see as much of him as I do the United boys but I'd be amazed if he gets anywhere near Lingard or Pogba in the embarrassing stakes. I know most people don't like to see the bad in players whilst they are still at the club but when those 2 eventually leave I will celebrate.

At least the immature/embarrassing players we had in the past like Rio, Giggs, Rooney and Evra were focused on the game as soon as they stepped on to the pitch whereas the current players seem to see game time as their moment in the limelight to dance, prance and do childish handshakes.
:wenger:

sugar_kane

Only one mention of La Decision so far? That’s the most cringeworthy thing I’ve seen done by a top player.

Pogba/Lingard don’t come anywhere near.

That said would love if we had signed him when we were first linked.

Judas

Open to offers

Saying you’ll celebrate two of our best players leaving because you don’t like the way they dance and have fun, and you call them embarrassing. Utterly pathetic stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.