Is Antoine Griezmann the most cringeworthy footballer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I don't see as much of him as I do the United boys but I'd be amazed if he gets anywhere near Lingard or Pogba in the embarrassing stakes. I know most people don't like to see the bad in players whilst they are still at the club but when those 2 eventually leave I will celebrate.

At least the immature/embarrassing players we had in the past like Rio, Giggs, Rooney and Evra were focused on the game as soon as they stepped on to the pitch whereas the current players seem to see game time as their moment in the limelight to dance, prance and do childish handshakes.
Are you saying Pogba and lingard aren’t professionals once they step on the pitch?
Absolute nonsense

RochaRoja

Pogba isn’t really cringeworthy. He’s genuinely cool and charismatic so can get away with his eccentricities. Griezmann’s like watching Richard Madeley doing Ali G only without the intentional irony.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
I don't see as much of him as I do the United boys but I'd be amazed if he gets anywhere near Lingard or Pogba in the embarrassing stakes. I know most people don't like to see the bad in players whilst they are still at the club but when those 2 eventually leave I will celebrate.
And here’s me thinking it’s been established that Pogba, after the circus that was Jose, is actually a wonderful footballer and our best player. Bizarre thing to say

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Great player but he thinks he’s far better than he is. That decision video is embarrassing.

As for the celebrations, he needs to grow up. It’s cringey when a child does it, he’s nearly 30.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Great player but he thinks he’s far better than he is. That decision video is embarrassing.

As for the celebrations, he needs to grow up. It’s cringey when a child does it, he’s nearly 30.

More people should be like this guy?

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Why do we hate on players that like to express themselves and have a little fun? I'd say the only cringe-worthy thing is threads like this. Football has changed, the times have changed, people have changed, it's not that big of a deal.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I had forgotten about that Uruguay thing. The answer is yes, he is. :lol:

ActionJackson

Are you saying Pogba and lingard aren’t professionals once they step on the pitch?
Absolute nonsense
So either you haven't been to many United games this season or you have only been a United fan since OGS became manager or you suffer with some form of memory loss.

Because Pogba clearly wasn't acting like a professional footballer when Mourinho was in charge. Now I'm glad Mourinho was sacked but its pathetic to pretend that it's all good with Pogba and his attitude towards the club and contempt towards the fans who turned up week in week out to watch him sulk.

Di Maria didn't want to be at United but we threw stupid money at Real and they pushed him our way.. He put in half hearted performances but our fans pretended he was great or he was being mismanaged, anything other than face the truth. After he left the club everyone suddenly accepts he was an embarrassment and we let him know it when we played PSG.

The same happened with Pogba. Firstly he chose to leave United. Then he didn't want to come back and waited for Real or Barca but again we vastly overpaid so he was forced to come here and almost 3 seasons in he has shown nothing but contempt for the club and fans. Yet a number a number of United fans can't accept this and pretend that he's a great player for us. This attitude from the fans will last until he gets his move to Real, PSG or wherever and then the rhetoric will he how Pogba was poison, didn't care about the club and was in professional. I'm just 2 years ahead of you, you'll be saying it once hes no longer our player.

Last edited by a moderator:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Why do you care how he celebrates?

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I like him. Seems like he's enjoying life. Miserable sods put me off.

Obviously he is cringy at times though.

Cloud7

What you dislikeabout Milner beside playing for 'pool? He shuts up and does his stuff.

I rather dislike guys like Dembele or Aubameyang who are disrespectful to the clubs they play for or Sergio Ramos being dirty.

Football needs more guys like Ibrahimovic who are real characters (depite if you like him or not). I can't stand to listen to the same phrases in every interview.
Milner is usually used as the epitome of a boring footballer, in terms of his personality. There are others, he’s just the first one that comes to mind. I don’t dislike him and think that he’s been quite a useful player over the course of his career.

Ibra is a character, certainly, but so is Griezmann.

I love how annoyed people get by his celebrations and that sort of thing. All the stiff upper lip people, stuck in thirty years ago, who think that that sort of thing is childish or has no place in football, they’re hilarious. This thread is a goldmine.

Pastore27

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Rabiot cringeworthies me far more than Griezmann, I'm a bit surprised nobody mentioned him.

RochaRoja

I love how annoyed people get by his celebrations and that sort of thing. All the stiff upper lip people, stuck in thirty years ago, who think that that sort of thing is childish or has no place in football, they’re hilarious. This thread is a goldmine.
Nah, not really. It’s just that Griezmann is an incredibly naff guy and can’t pull it off.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Cristiano is too creepy to be merely cringeworthy.

His family situation with the Michael Jackson oddly acquired children and his Tom Cruise fake wife are just bizarre.

I’d love to just cringe when he posts those ridiculous family photos online but they just seem too damn sinister.
He's just milking the "straight" marketing money, which is a shame he feels the need to do that, I bet if he "came out" his marketing value would actually increase give the woke age in which we live.
The amount of straight men that want Ronaldo to be gay never ceases to amaze me :lol:

I’m not sure if it’s some complex or just complete ignorance regarding surrogacy...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'll take cringeworthy footballers for 500!

Who is, Neymar.

I am correct.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The amount of straight men that want Ronaldo to be gay never ceases to amaze me :lol:

I’m not sure if it’s some complex or just complete ignorance regarding surrogacy...
Come on mate Cristiano doesn't need your valiant defending of him in every post of the caf. Wonder what you do on social media where there are thousands of comments like this.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
The only cringeworthy thing about Griezmann is the fact so many people get pissed off by it :lol:

RochaRoja

I don’t think that he’s is gay. The Mayorga case makes that quite clear.

His relationship with Georgina Rodríguez is an obvious sham though. They have zero chemistry and she always looks miserable. The Katy Holmes vibes are strong.

The situation with his kids having no contact with their mother is obviously massively weird too.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Come on mate Cristiano doesn't need your valiant defending of him in every post of the caf. Wonder what you do on social media where there are thousands of comments like this.
Defending him? I’m not defending him from anything, being gay isn’t a bad thing as far as I’m aware.

I just find it incredibly funny how many straight men want him to be gay with absolutely nothing pointing towards it

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto

I'd want him to be gay because it would be awesome for the gay community and other sexual minorities if someone like him one day came out. That's a compliment on him.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I don’t think that he’s is gay. The Mayorga case makes that quite clear.

His relationship with Georgina Rodríguez is an obvious sham though. They have zero chemistry and she always looks miserable. The Katy Holmes vibes are strong.
:lol:

How in the world would you possibly know that?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
So either you haven't been to many United games this season or you have only been a United fan since OGS became manager or you suffer with some form of memory loss.

Because Pogba clearly wasn't acting like a professional footballer when Mourinho was in charge. Now I'm glad Mourinho was sacked but its pathetic to pretend that it's all good with Pogba and his attitude towards the club and contempt towards the fans who turned up week in week out to watch him sulk.

Di Maria didn't want to be at United but we threw stupid money at Real and they pushed him our way.. He put in half hearted performances but our fans pretended he was great or he was being mismanaged, anything other than face the truth. After he left the club everyone suddenly accepts he was an embarrassment and we let him know it when we played PSG.

The same happened with Pogba. Firstly he chose to leave United. Then he didn't want to come back and waited for Real or Barca but again we vastly overpaid so he was forced to come here and almost 3 seasons in he has shown nothing but contempt for the club and fans. Yet a number a number of United fans can't accept this and pretend that he's a great player for us. This attitude from the fans will last until he gets his move to Real, PSG or wherever and then the rhetoric will he how Pogba was poison, didn't care about the club and was in professional. I'm just 2 years ahead of you, you'll be saying it once hes no longer our player.
Look I can understand your view on Pogba
I just think that life under Mourinho was toxic for him as he was always singled out
Why are you saying lingard isn’t professional?

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Certainly more than Eusebio. Don't know about Muller. We need input from posters knowledgeable of the past greats.

RochaRoja

Messi was never that cringeworthy but he did get some very cringeworthy tattoos a few years ago.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Defending him? I’m not defending him from anything, being gay isn’t a bad thing as far as I’m aware.

I just find it incredibly funny how many straight men want him to be gay with absolutely nothing pointing towards it
Exactly, so what if he's gay? And you are defending his sexuality here.

AndyJ1985

You defend him without realising it, and even when there's nothing to defend. It's creepy behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.