Is Antoine Griezmann the most cringeworthy footballer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
You defend him without realising it, and even when there's nothing to defend. It's creepy behaviour
Creepy behaviour is thinking that I in any way defended him there.

Not only is it creepy as it’s fairly homophobic as it shows a belief that calling someone gay is an insult.

But ok... more of the same.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Exactly, so what if he's gay? And you are defending his sexuality here.
No, I literally didn’t.

I never said I know for a fact he isn’t gay, that’s impossible to know for any person. I merely laughed at the people certain about him being gay because it’s an hilarious conclusion with no facts behind it, how the hell is that defending him?

And why are so many people mad about it? I can’t comment anything anywhere without this thread derailing happening :lol:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
What's this Uruguay thing? Him drinking mate and saying he would like to visit?

Owen06

So either you haven't been to many United games this season or you have only been a United fan since OGS became manager or you suffer with some form of memory loss.

Because Pogba clearly wasn't acting like a professional footballer when Mourinho was in charge. Now I'm glad Mourinho was sacked but its pathetic to pretend that it's all good with Pogba and his attitude towards the club and contempt towards the fans who turned up week in week out to watch him sulk.

Di Maria didn't want to be at United but we threw stupid money at Real and they pushed him our way.. He put in half hearted performances but our fans pretended he was great or he was being mismanaged, anything other than face the truth. After he left the club everyone suddenly accepts he was an embarrassment and we let him know it when we played PSG.

The same happened with Pogba. Firstly he chose to leave United. Then he didn't want to come back and waited for Real or Barca but again we vastly overpaid so he was forced to come here and almost 3 seasons in he has shown nothing but contempt for the club and fans. Yet a number a number of United fans can't accept this and pretend that he's a great player for us. This attitude from the fans will last until he gets his move to Real, PSG or wherever and then the rhetoric will he how Pogba was poison, didn't care about the club and was in professional. I'm just 2 years ahead of you, you'll be saying it once hes no longer our player.
How on Earth have you managed to turn griezmanns thread into pogba bashing?
If you hate pogba so much,create a thread for your hate,the whole world is in 2019 and you are already in 2021 bashing pogba, probably one of the most weird statement I've ever encountered in a post.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
:lol:

Is Ronaldo more cringeworthy than Muller though? We need a thread about it.
Perhaps someone can organize a cringe players thread for different era's and finally an all time cringe 11 thread.

Edit: is that underwear tweet real?!:lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don’t think that he’s is gay. The Mayorga case makes that quite clear.

His relationship with Georgina Rodríguez is an obvious sham though. They have zero chemistry and she always looks miserable. The Katy Holmes vibes are strong.

The situation with his kids having no contact with their mother is obviously massively weird too.
I don't think it is. Women get sperm donors all the time. Why can't a man do the same?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He was promoting his CR7 brand and about 5 years ago there was some sort of competition involved.

It caused the greatest tweet in history in my opinion. :lol:

Dafuq :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He was promoting his CR7 brand and about 5 years ago there was some sort of competition involved.

It caused the greatest tweet in history in my opinion. :lol:

How many caf members sent photos? :lol:

RochaRoja

I don't think it is. Women get sperm donors all the time. Why can't a man do the same?
Having a tommy tank in a cup and carrying a child for nine months is a bit different for a start.

Plus he was supposedly in a relationship with Irina Shayk at the time of the first child being conceived. The whole thing is just very odd.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think that people usually get a donor for medical reasons or because they're in a relationship with another woman.

Why would you willingly deprive your child of having a mother if there's no reason for it. Having two parents is healthy, doubly so if the father is a global super star who has little time at home with his child.

Sauldogba

Nah because he can back it up on the pitch.
Someone like Lingaard however annoys the hell out of me because he dont have the talent to be prancing around like a prat.

Adisa

Having a tommy tank in a cup and carrying a child for nine months is a bit different for a start.

Plus he was supposedly in a relationship with Irina Shayk at the time of the first child being conceived. The whole thing is just very odd.
Its not. If I had money, didn't want to commit to any relationship, wanted a child and didn't want the headache of a custody battle which could cost me millions, I would get a surrogate. It's that simple. It's the same principle if it was a woman deciding on getting a sperm donor even if she isn't in a relationship. It happens all the time.
Also, his son was born in June 2010. So he wasn't going out with Irina when he made the decision.

Adisa

I think that people usually get a donor for medical reasons or because they're in a relationship with another woman.

Why would you willingly deprive your child of having a mother if there's no reason for it. Having two parents is healthy, doubly so if the father is a global super star who has little time at home with his child.
You haven't heard of single women getting a donor?

RochaRoja

Its not. If I had money, didn't want to commit to any relationship, wanted a child and didn't want the headache of a custody battle which could cost me millions, I would get a surrogate. It's that simple. It's the same principle if it was a woman deciding on getting a sperm donor even if she isn't in a relationship. It happens all the time.
Also, his son was born in June 2010. So he wasn't going out with Irina when he made the decision.
Didn’t he also get those twins from a mysterious source when he’d already been with Rodríguez for a while?

It’s definitely abnormal. The percentage of men who have done such a thing would be absolutely miniscule. Even among rich celebrities. The only comparable situation I can think of is Michael Jackson.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
I don't see as much of him as I do the United boys but I'd be amazed if he gets anywhere near Lingard or Pogba in the embarrassing stakes. I know most people don't like to see the bad in players whilst they are still at the club but when those 2 eventually leave I will celebrate.

At least the immature/embarrassing players we had in the past like Rio, Giggs, Rooney and Evra were focused on the game as soon as they stepped on to the pitch whereas the current players seem to see game time as their moment in the limelight to dance, prance and do childish handshakes.
Well we've found the most cringeworthy poster on the Caf, that's for sure.

Adisa

I have, hence the word usually. The rest of my post applies to them as well.
I wouldn't advocate it but for reasons I posted in an earlier post it might make sense to him.
I wrote all that because some have used the surrogacy thing as a reason for their conviction that he's gay. I don't think so. The fact he now has a child with his current girlfriend is further proof to me. He probably wanted a child but not a relationship at that time. Doesn't mean he's hiding anything.

Adisa

I don't see as much of him as I do the United boys but I'd be amazed if he gets anywhere near Lingard or Pogba in the embarrassing stakes. I know most people don't like to see the bad in players whilst they are still at the club but when those 2 eventually leave I will celebrate.

At least the immature/embarrassing players we had in the past like Rio, Giggs, Rooney and Evra were focused on the game as soon as they stepped on to the pitch whereas the current players seem to see game time as their moment in the limelight to dance, prance and do childish handshakes.
Damn.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I wouldn't advocate it but for reasons I posted in an earlier post it might make sense to him.
I wrote all that because some have used the surrogacy thing as a reason for their conviction that he's gay. I don't think so. The fact he now has a child with his current girlfriend is further proof to me. He probably wanted a child but not a relationship at that time. Doesn't mean he's hiding anything.
Ah no, I wasnt implying it's because of his sexual preference. No clue whether he's gay or straight and I couldn't care less honestly.

ActionJackson

Well we've found the most cringeworthy poster on the Caf, that's for sure.
So because I feel the actions of Rio, Giggs, Rooney and Evra are more embarrassing than Griezmanns goal celebrations and his hair cut Im cringeworthy?

Take your United tinted sunglasses off and look at each case on it's own merits.

Griezmanns goal celebrations and hair cut or what Rio did to get his 8 month ban?

Griezmanns goal celebrations and hair cut or what Giggs did to his brother?

Griezmanns goal celebrations and hair cut or what Rooney got up to with an OAP whilst his wife was pregnant with his child?

Griezmanns goal celebrations and hair cut or Evra getting suspended for fighting the Chelsea groundsman and the Steve Finnan incident?

Now I find it amazing that people can find any of those incidents more acceptable than what Griezmann does to his barnet or how he celebrates a goal.

RochaRoja

So because I feel the actions of Rio, Giggs, Rooney and Evra are more embarrassing than Griezmanns goal celebrations and his hair cut Im cringeworthy?

Take your United tinted sunglasses off and look at each case on it's own merits.

Griezmanns goal celebrations and hair cut or what Rio did to get his 8 month ban?

Griezmanns goal celebrations and hair cut or what Rooney got up to with an OAP whilst his wife was pregnant with his child?

Griezmanns goal celebrations and hair cut or Evra getting suspended for fighting the Chelsea groundsman and the Steve Finnan incident?

Now I find it amazing that people can find any of those incidents more acceptable than what Griezmann does to his barnet or how he celebrates a goal.
None of those things are cringeworthy though, they’re just being a cnut.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.

You're being very precious and defensive here, and coming across as a bit of an oppo wum with how much disdain you have for our players. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just put it down to you looking out for a fellow cringe merchant Griezzy :cool:

Varun

Staff

Look up the meaning of cringeworthy

Chipper

Adulterer.
Look up the meaning of cringeworthy
Seems to fit.

adjective
informal
adjective: cringeworthy; adjective: cringe-worthy
causing feelings of embarrassment or awkwardness.

Football fans often base considerable parts of their identity on the team they support, and they usually think that their club is wonderful. If a player does something that in their eyes is morally wrong, do fans not feel embarrassed or awkward that the player is associated with the club?

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Seems to fit.

adjective
informal
adjective: cringeworthy; adjective: cringe-worthy
causing feelings of embarrassment or awkwardness.

Football fans often base considerable parts of their identity on the team they support, and they usually think that their club is wonderful. If a player does something that in their eyes is morally wrong, do fans not feel embarrassed or awkward that the player is associated with the club?
feck the dictionary. In common parlance cringeworthy is something embarassing but usually harmless.

If a friend of mine murdered his whole family I would be devastated and embarrassed for him, but would never use the expression cringeworthy. Even though by your definition it would be correct. Would you use it?

Chipper

Adulterer.
feck the dictionary. In common parlance cringeworthy is something embarassing but usually harmless.

If a friend of mine murdered his whole family I would be devastated and embarrassed for him, but would never use the expression cringeworthy. Even though by your definition it would be correct. Would you use it?

My definition? Thought it was the dictionary definition, which is what I looked up after Varun told ActionJackson to look up the meaning of the word.

Make your mind up.

Status
Not open for further replies.