Is Antoine Griezmann the most cringeworthy footballer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric7C

Started as Grieman thread, turning into Ronaldo one. That is what we need. Another Ronaldo thread.:wenger:
Ronaldocafe.net
To be fair, if you have a thread with the title ending 'the most cringeworthy footballer', Ronaldo is going to be one of the contenders.

Neymar wins though, by far.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
This could be the cringiest thing I've ever seen.........

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
For the genuine historical meaning of cringeworthy it's Dirk Kuyt by the way. Preachy, orc faced cnut.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Agreed with few posters saying that LA Decision was apogee of cringe.

Ronnie doesn't even come close to this. At least he's the best player so he can have a pass sometimes.

For the genuine historical meaning of cringeworthy it's Dirk Kuyt by the way. Preachy, orc faced cnut.
:lol:

Romez

Threads like these really hammer home the average demographic of this forum.

I don’t find any footballer ‘cringeworthy’.

There are plenty of on-pitch reasons to dislike a player. Suarez, Pepe, Neymar, David Luiz, Busquets, Noble to name a few. I don’t even need to say anything and you’ll know the reasons some people don’t like the players I just listed.

But hating on players for having the audacity to dance when they celebrate goals or enjoy their life outside of football? You’ve got to be a miserable old bastard.

Threads like these really hammer home the average demographic of this forum.

I don’t find any footballer ‘cringeworthy’.

There are plenty of on-pitch reasons to dislike a player. Suarez, Pepe, Neymar, David Luiz, Busquets, Noble to name a few. I don’t even need to say anything and you’ll know the reasons some people don’t like the players I just listed.

But hating on players for having the audacity to dance when they celebrate goals or enjoy their life outside of football? You’ve got to be a miserable old bastard.
Celebrations happen on the pitch and milking a contract renewal for publicity is not 'life outside of football'. That said, I found Griezmann's antics more annoying than cringeworthy personally. This thread should have been over with the first mention of Cristiano - the quintessential weirdo. That bizarre shout thing on stage encapsulates the utter cringefest that is his narcissistic persona. Textbook Fremdscham.

Charlie Foley

So because I feel the actions of Rio, Giggs, Rooney and Evra are more embarrassing than Griezmanns goal celebrations and his hair cut Im cringeworthy?

Take your United tinted sunglasses off and look at each case on it's own merits.

Griezmanns goal celebrations and hair cut or what Rio did to get his 8 month ban?

Griezmanns goal celebrations and hair cut or what Giggs did to his brother?

Griezmanns goal celebrations and hair cut or what Rooney got up to with an OAP whilst his wife was pregnant with his child?

Griezmanns goal celebrations and hair cut or Evra getting suspended for fighting the Chelsea groundsman and the Steve Finnan incident?

Now I find it amazing that people can find any of those incidents more acceptable than what Griezmann does to his barnet or how he celebrates a goal.
And what did Evra do in the Steve Finnan incident?

cyberman

Let’s be honest

Griezmann will be considered a legend by the time he retires.

He’s already a legend for France’s national team.
Not for me. That's the price you pay for staying at Atletico imo. That's why his loyalty is so impressive.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Not for me. That's the price you pay for staying at Atletico imo. That's why his loyalty is so impressive.
Is Totti a legend?

Griezmann has already done more in the Champions League than Totti ever did.

Jib

Let’s be honest

He'll be 28 in a few days and only won a world cup ( Mbappe's sidekick ) and a Europa League. If he's a french legend, we have 100 legends in France :lol:

Djorkaeff or Pires where better than him and I'm not even talking about Zidane, Platini, Kopa, Henry or Giresse.

And even if Ribery or Cantona were hated in France, they are true legend in top clubs like Bayern Munich or Manchester United. It's better than being a relative good player for Atletico Madrid.

But this overrated guy has the nerve to make a documentary about his career...wow

The Atletico's fans where pissed with his circus. Even some players like Saul or Koke called him out.

And it's easy to be loyal if you signed one of the biggest contract ever ( 20 millions net per year ).

Last edited:

cyberman

Is Totti a legend?

Griezmann has already done more in the Champions League than Totti ever did.
Nobody really talks about Griezmann outside of Spain though. Why would he be a legend when he retires if he isn't high profile enough to be talked about now? Your standard for legends is too low.
Nobody is saying he isn't a great player but few global fans are watching his great moments. I'd wager more eyes have seen Rashford at his best this season than Griezmann, that's just how modern football is and shows the sacrifices of the man to stay at Atletico.
Jib also has a great point, a large portion of Atletico fans themseles won't even consider him a club legend with all of the look at me bullshit he's pulled.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Nobody really talks about Griezmann outside of Spain though. Why would he be a legend when he retires if he isn't high profile enough to be talked about now? Your standard for legends is too low.
Nobody is saying he isn't a great player but few global fans are watching his great moments. I'd wager more eyes have seen Rashford at his best this season than Griezmann, that's just how modern football is and shows the sacrifices of the man to stay at Atletico.
Griezmann scored vital goals to kick Barca and Bayern out of the Champions League in 2015/16. Griezmann was the best player at Euro 2016 and one of the best players at the 2018 World Cup. Were people not watching him and talking about him in these moments?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Atletico make another deep run in the CL this season. Griezmann will be remembered like Totti, but more influential in the Champions League.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Jib also has a great point, a large portion of Atletico fans themseles won't even consider him a club legend with all of the look at me bullshit he's pulled.
He was one of the star players in a world cup winning France team.

Castia

Let’s be honest

Legend is a bit far isn’t it? Good player yeah for sure but legend? He’s not that good.

Schneckerl

How was Djorkaeff better than Griezmann? Not even close. Shows me how underrated he is.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Griezmann scored vital goals to kick Barca and Bayern out of the Champions League in 2015/16. Griezmann was the best player at Euro 2016 and one of the best players at the 2018 World Cup. Were people not watching him and talking about him in these moments?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Atletico make another deep run in the CL this season. Griezmann will be remembered like Totti, but more influential in the Champions League.
Poor Totti!

Totti is a Roma Legend because he played there for two decades, showing loyalty to them when he could have moved to a genuine top club, while Griezmann released an hour long documentary about his decision, which no doubt pissed Atletico's fans off (as well as many Utd fans actually). He only stayed there because Atletico made him one of the highest paid players in the world at the time.

He's a footnote in footballing history, his new Netflix documentary will only be watched because it's on Netflix.

It's like me saying Gareth Bale is a footballing legend (he's not) because he was the focal point in Wales (a tiny Country) to the Euro16 semi final, getting knocked out to the eventual winners, scoring one of the greatest Champions League final goals ever (having it be the winning goal and him only just coming on to change the game) while also being instrumental in Real's other Champions League wins.

Give it 20 years and Griezmann won't be mentioned by anyone while creating all time best 11's or debating the best ever. Heck he probably wont even be remembered.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Thankfully, the idiots that don't talk about Griezmann won't be the ones deciding if he has or hasn't legend status in 10 or 15 years.

Atletico fans are highly volatile, they love and hate a player 20 times on his career, people like Luis Aragones were their biggest legend one month, and someone that should be out of the club the next month, it doesn't get harsher than there.

You think he's not going to be a legend there? Torres, Falcao, Forlan, Pantic (only three seasons there), Kiko, Vizcaino, Manolo, Garate or Leivinha, none of them have done more than Griezmann for Atleti, it should be between Luis Aragones and Griezmann even if he retired tomorrow, and by recency bias, it'd probably be Griezmann as their best player ever.

The current generation (Koke, Saul, Godin, Juanfran, Gabi and maybe Gimenez in a couple years) will leap over past Atleti's legends in no time.

Castia

He's pretty fecken good.

He’s good yeah, not sure he’s going to be legend status in 10 years time though. He wasted his club career in my opinion, should have gone on to better things than Atl Madrid.

Trizy

A legend? He's done sweet feck all apart from being part of a team that would've still won the world cup without him.

Still a self obsessed little twat I see.

Suedesi

He’s good yeah, not sure he’s going to be legend status in 10 years time though. He wasted his club career in my opinion, should have gone on to better things than Atl Madrid.
Where should he have gone, Man Utd? He's in better team than us currently. Has won a Spanish league and contested two CL finals.

And he's won a WC and was the star of the Euros. Sometimes the insularity of British fans amazes me.

Jib

Atletico won the Liga and played a CL final few weeks before signing Griezmann.

5 years after, they won nothing except an Europa League.

Overrated.

ParisianDevil

French guy writing here, Antoine Griezmann is quite a phenomenon even here in France.

He's trying to fit with the others players of the French National Team, who mostly come from "hoods", while he comes from the countryside.
Most french people think he's cringe trying to be someone he never was, but he also is seen as the most patriotic player in the squad, so it's kind of mixed feelings.
I'd say he's liked by kids because he does all of this Fortnite stuff, and also by the older french because he's one of the player who always sing our anthem (as many french players don't bother doing so).

Jib

Where should he have gone, Man Utd? He's in better team than us currently. Has won a Spanish league and contested two CL finals.

And he's won a WC and was the star of the Euros. Sometimes the insularity of British fans amazes me.
He never won a Spanish title and contested 1 CL final, he's a bottler. He could have won them the final if he hasn't miss the pen...

And he was awful in the final against Portugal while being the main man.

Pogba, Varane and Mbappé step up in the world cup and won the world cup for France.

Overrated !

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
A club legend, sure why not. But like a legendary footballer in general? Nah. Closer to someone like Ribery, who I would also never consider a legend.

Castia

Well that’s a load of bollocks, your numbers are way off.

He’s barely won anything at club level.

I’ll use Petit as an example, he won the lot with Arsenal and France even scoring in the World Cup final yet he’s hardly a legend. Griezmann isn’t legend status nowhere near.

Jib

A club legend, sure. But like a legendary footballer in general? Nah. Closer to someone like Ribery, who I would also never consider a legend.
Ribery played 12 years with Bayern. Won multiple titles, 3 CL finals ( won one ), should have been ballon d'Or in 2013...

Griezmann only won 1 Europa League in his club career.

Ribery is the Kaizer, a Bayern legend .

Griezmann is a clown and not even a legend for a small club like Atletico Madrid.

How can you compare them ? ffs

Canagel

A club legend, sure why not. But like a legendary footballer in general? Nah. Closer to someone like Ribery, who I would also never consider a legend.
ribery is much more decorated than griezmann.

Jib

And Griezmann is insecure. 2 days ago he called out a french journalist because she gasped when someone said that he was better than Mbappé.

He knows that his legacy is very weak so he reads everything about him.

Overrated player, sensitive man.

And this guy has the nerve to make a documentary about him called "the making of a legend " ?

A fool.

Last edited:

Suedesi

Well that’s a load of bollocks, your numbers are way off.

He’s barely won anything at club level.

I’ll use Petit as an example, he won the lot with Arsenal and France even scoring in the World Cup final yet he’s hardly a legend. Griezmann isn’t legend status nowhere near.
OK mate.

France
Individual
Orders

Status
Not open for further replies.