Is football cancelled for the next week? | Man United-Leeds & Chelsea-Liverpool postponed

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
If we don't get a week off work to mourn, why should footballers?

phelans shorts

Didn't forget at all funnily enough. I can't imagine many matchgoing fans are royalists. I'm not taking the day off if there is a national day of mourning for example.
I think you don’t know how fecking weird most of Britain is then. They vote Tory, after all. There’s currently thousands of people outside royal residencies and this is a Thursday night.

Imagine how it’ll be on a weekend

salfordlad

Some of the most disrespectful and frankly sad comments I have read on this forum. Some of you lot are very small minded insignificant pathetic fools.

cyberman

feck me so the next game is City away on the fecking 2nd of October?

arnie_ni

They were cancelled when Diana died apparently. I think they might be although its very short notice

Stadjer

No reason it should be. She was old. Hardly unexpected.

Who's going to pay for everyone's wasted travel plans should they shut down the country.

Would be antiquated and quite frankly ridiculous.

They are no different from anyone else after all just born with a sense of self importance.

But even at the end of the day even if you are someone who cares about the royal family and this effects have the minute or two silence and everyone is happy.

No sense shutting everything down for something that was inevitable
Excellent description of monarchy

Member 125398

If people want to mourn for no reason whatsoever they can choose not to watch the football.

Chief123

Am I the only one who feels more gutted about football potentially being cancelled than the queen dying?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Next two weeks will defo be off. Amazed people still don't realise this.

DevilRed

Its definitely going to get cancelled.

As per the norm for many countries (including England) to do so out of respect to the deceased.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
The European games have to go ahead. There isn't any alternative dates.

artur6789

No reason it should be. She was old. Hardly unexpected.

Who's going to pay for everyone's wasted travel plans should they shut down the country.

Would be antiquated and quite frankly ridiculous.

They are no different from anyone else after all just born with a sense of self importance.

But even at the end of the day even if you are someone who cares about the royal family and this effects have the minute or two silence and everyone is happy.

No sense shutting everything down for something that was inevitable
Are you serious?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It didn’t get cancelled when her dad King George died. But yeah it’ll be 10 days of mourning with no sporting events.

EngimaMK

10 days.

I'm no monarchist but I do also have respect for tradition. I'm also bemused by the people pretending to be baffled as to why this is a big deal.

Red00012

They were cancelled when Diana died apparently. I think they might be although its very short notice
United were due to play Newcastle on the Sunday I think she passed away Saturday night / Sunday morning

Chief123

Extended period of mourning? What does that even mean? Does everyone have to be sad for 10 days?
I didn’t even last 10 seconds. Forwarded to a few WhatsApp groups and I’m ok now.

Red00012

Is the Royal family going to pay for my 2 x flights , 2 x accommodation and 2 x match tickets for Leeds game ?