Is football cancelled for the next week? | Man United-Leeds & Chelsea-Liverpool postponed

Kaos

Any time a team makes a quarter or semi final of a cup, a game is rescheduled.

Even from a business point of view the monarchy injects a shit ton into the economy, the same economy that everyone benefits from.

Im happy for people to oppose the monarchy, but doing it in the name of other people losing money is a fallacy
Could you explain how exactly?

And don't say tourism, because France's Palace of Versailles' visitor count completely dwarfs Buckingham Palace, and they binned their monarchs centuries ago.

Telsim

Right, so the government gets to say "They decided, not us", while also not-really-but-kind-of-sort-of pressuring them behind the scenes to cancel the weekend fixtures. Meh, as long as it's one weekend I suppose.

ChrisNelson

It's an English league as its played in England. Hope this helps.
It's the Premier League though, that's its name because they wanted it to be a global brand, hence no sponsor these days.

So no, your comment didn't really help.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Could you explain how exactly?

And don't say tourism, because France's Palace of Versailles' visitor count completely dwarfs Buckingham Palace, and they binned their monarchs centuries ago.
It's just London area really for RF (and Windsor). No one visits Liverpool due to RF certainly, it's due to the football and Beatles heritage.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Agree with moving games held on the day of the funeral. That should be it though. It's sad HM has passed, she was a great monarch, had a long great reign and a great life, everyone must also get on with their lives, just as everyone did when the King died in 1952.

Kaos

It's just London area really for RF (and Windsor). No one visits Liverpool due to RF certainly, it's due to the football and Beatles heritage.
And even then we don't get as many tourists as some of our Republican neighbours in the continent. This whole myth of them being good for our economy is sheer royalist propaganda.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
What about games called off for covid last year? Did COVID pay for peoples flights?
I was gonna point out the slight difference between a contagious disease sweeping the globe, and the queen passing away, but thinking about it would I rather be stuck sitting next to some person sneezing into their elbow or a fella twirling miniature Brit flags wearing a corgi hat and a t shirt adorned with a smiling face of the queen?

These are the questions that keep me up at night

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I'm astonished that people find a way to moan about everything. Everyone always has something to moan about, and there doesn't seem to ever be any exception.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I'm astonished that people find a way to moan about everything. Everyone always has something to moan about, and there doesn't seem to ever be any exception.
You're moaning about everyone else moaning about everything. Well done.

Sounds of the Aquarium

I’m just gonna stop you there, I’m a doctor so my IQ would destroy yours
sure thing bud, i will just stare at my two engineering degree certificates, charterships with 3 professional bodies and cry softly to myself that i chose a career path that i felt i was more suited too.

Eplel

I understand the obligation to pay respects to a loved leader, but country wide cancellations have a knock on effect on people who have already made plans, with a lot of financial implications on the line too.

You can be respectful without stopping life.

RedMilo

Some of the comments on here are disgraceful. 70 years of service to our country, and you are moaning about one game of football being postponed.

Manchester United are a football club based in the United Kingdom. The United Kingdom has just lost it's constant, spanning generations.

You only have to see the news to see how important she was around the world to millions.

The people of this world, in general, get worse. It's sad to see...