Is Fred our most important player?

Idxomer

The results in the last 4 games have been mostly due to his performances.

He stopped the free fall almost single-handedly.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
:lol: the tone on Fred has changed quite a lot. Typical that such flip shopping happens here.. I believe under Ralph and upcoming administration that inherit his philosophy, there will be a collective unit of important players. Fred will definitely be one of them.

Ekeke

For 4 games where we've done fairly good, not great yes he's up there.

I think he was clearly different and far better today than the others. Hopefully something he does each week from now on

ExoduS

Well he is the most improved player after Ole got sacked. He still makes mistakes, but he is also producing so much more. Yeah, him and Sancho have improved drastically since Ole was taken from the wheel .

DavelinaJolie

Can't quite pin when it was, but a bit before Bruno was signed there was a period where Fred was our best performer for a considerable run of games. We'll see how this pans out now, but I'm hopeful he's going to get back to his best, and his energy levels are through the roof.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Nothing sums up Fred more than there being two threads on the forum asking if he’s out most important player or worst starter in our history.

Remember the geese

I love the little pressing machine. I'm constantly defending him. People think I'm crazy. Imagine how good he will be for us in a well coached, proactive system.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
:lol: the tone on Fred has changed quite a lot. Typical that such flip shopping happens here.. I believe under Ralph and upcoming administration that inherit his philosophy, there will be a collective unit of important players. Fred will definitely be one of them.
Is it flip flopping when he was shite and now he's alright? :confused:

Amadaeus

Players form dip in and out. People were willing to say he was our worst starter and he was not good enough. I didn't see him as shite before but just having a combination of poor form, low confidence, and bad tactical setup. Fred in my eye was always a good player and you can tell from my post history on him, I truly believed that.

Will Singh

Fred has got so much abuse I hope he now gets to play in he’s natural position and does turn games like he has recently just to quiet the haters. He turned off he’s comments on FB and that’s pathetic from our fans for him to feel the need to do that!

Lecland07

Considering he pretty much got us 6 points in the last two games, I would say yes.

When played in his proper position and given a role that actually suits him, he is key to our team.

It is no coincidence that all his best periods for the club has come when he has played further up the pitch. I bet you could make a correlation out of this. He has never been a defensive midfielder and has been played out of position for far too much of his time here. He is playing the role now that he played at Shahktar Donetsk.

He has been a major part of the goals in the past three games. We have been wasting his attacking talent, unfortunately.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Judging Fred on this forum can certainly be a metronome of whose comments to read and whose to avoid. The more we start to play on the level we should due to the fact finally having a coach who knows what pressing is, the more he will be appreciated even by the biggest trolls here.

Can't really shake off a feeling that if he didn't score it would be full of hate again, despite him being superb again, but luckily some posters will keep their mouth shut at least for tonight.

Ekeke

Nothing sums up Fred more than there being two threads on the forum asking if he’s out most important player or worst starter in our history.
I guess, but they are in reaction to 2 different games and performances. Its almost like he played poorly a bunch of times in his United career so he received a very negative thread and then put in a really strong performance playing differently and topping it off with a goal so now he has a positive one.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
The results in the last 4 games have been mostly due to his performances.

He stopped the free fall almost single-handedly.
Yes, until the next time he has a bad game then everyone will be calling for him to be sold.

Ekeke

Players form dip in and out. People were willing to say he was our worst starter and he was not good enough. I didn't see him as shite before but just having a combination of poor form, low confidence, and bad tactical setup. Fred in my eye was always a good player and you can tell from my post history on him, I truly believed that.
Consistency is a big part of being a good player.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
@Kostov certainly agrees.
:lol: :lol:

Wait until he waltzes in here to tell you that you need to watch some more football.

Quite of a few of these people have ended with egg on their face recently and I am going to thoroughly enjoy seeing it again in the case of Fred.

DutchCruijff

His energy/dynamism and pressing is very, very underrated. Superb energy levels that last the full 90.

He makes himself available for passes and puts significant pressure on opposition with his tenacity.

If he had greater composure and improved his passing/shooting quality, he'd be absolutely superb. Under some good coaching? It could happen. He is hitting his prime. He needs to sort it out.

He is a key player. He has always been key.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
little known fred fact. he’s the only player in united’s history whose name contains no vowel.

Ekeke

So is being played in his best position, he plays in an advanced role for Brazil. He was previously misused for us.
You cant always be used in your "best position". Much better players than Fred havent been able to be used in their best position at United as they werent Rooney or someone of that calibre

He previously performed poorly because he's not good at DM things

Also Shaktar played 2 DMs as well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think it'll end up being between Fred and Sancho. I think they're the only 2 players who we don't have a replacement who can do a similar job to them. Ronaldo or Rashford have Greenwood/Cavani. Bruno has Pogba. Shaw and AWB have Dalot and Telles. Varane/Maguire/Lindelof you can get a good group regardless. Mctominay you can swap with Matic or Van de Beek without losing anything. Fred and Sancho are the unique players we have who provide loads.

Mindhunter

Because of his penchant for the ridiculous, his constant pressing and energy in the middle of the pitch is ignored. He isn't a cultured midfielder who would create poetry with his passing and vision. Instead he brings his brand of youthful energy, dynamism, and unpredictability to the play. Every time he is on the pitch, he gives it his 110%. What he lacks in maturity, he more than compensates with his desire.

Fans need to understand the type of player he is. He isn't somebody who will control the game from the middle of the pitch. He isn't a metronome or a deep-lying playmaker either. He is a combination of a box-to-box and ball-winning midfielder. He needs to be in the right setup for us to be able to utilize his skills to the maximum.

RUCK4444

I’ve been saying for a long time now that as far as midfielders go he’s the first name on the team sheet.

Has been arguable MOTM in the last 3/4 games and I’ve said so after each match.

Not the most easy on the eye but what he brings is better than anything else we have currently in midfield. People view him only with those high profile errors in the forefront of their minds imo.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Not flip flopping at all. Oles decision to not have the front 3 pressing in defence left Fred exposed time and time again. Hopefully Rangnick can get us playing as a unit meaning individual mistakes will be covered instead of putting us on the back foot with Fred being the beneficiary of our new system. I feel there is a very good player in there somewhere.

TrueRed79

I thought he had his best game in red against Chelsea. He was outstanding that day. If Rangnick can improve his passing then he'll be one hell of a player for us. I wasn't a fan of his before the season started but he's changing my opinion of him this season.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Fred was one of our most important players in 19/20 and first half of 20/21. His form has been very inconsistent in the entire calendar year of 2021, but hopefully this is the start of him getting back to at least the level he was playing at before that. Hopefully even better if Rangnick is using him in a more suitable role.

Amadaeus

Not flip flopping at all. Oles decision to not have the front 3 pressing in defence left Fred exposed time and time again. Hopefully Rangnick can get us playing as a unit meaning individual mistakes will be covered instead of putting us on the back foot with Fred being the beneficiary of our new system. I feel there is a very good player in there somewhere.
Exactly. Feed would be the only one pressing and no other players would do their own job properly next to him. Fred is dynamic and most importantly has a good engine in him. In an organized pressing system, Fred will benefits as I stated in the who will benefit most from Ralph thread. I can't believe there were people really stating things like he wasn't good enough for United and he was one of our worst starter