g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Is Fred the worst regular starter for United in living memory?

acnumber9

What I am seeing, is not Fred. It is tactical issue. Bruno has wasted a lot of passes and Pogba offer little to no defensive support.

Fred is being used as a major scapegoat for poor tactical gameplan
Who’s fault was it when he passed straight to a Wolves player twice leading to their best chances?

On the topic of the thread. I’d say he couldn’t be far off the worst to play 100 games for us.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
People keep talking about him doing the job of multiple men, but his mistakes came from him being unable to pass the ball, or receive the ball under pressure :lol:

OverratedOpinion

He's become the scapegoat, the majority of the team has been woeful.
He very nearly cost us 2 goals. If he was playing like he did for the majority of last season then this thread would be ridiculous but if it was just based on his appearances this season it is very fair, attrocious.

El Jefe

He's horrible but Ole's setup does him no favours whatsoever. He's criminally exposed out there and the fact that all of our players are statues off the ball makes it so difficult to pick out passes.

DoomSlayer

Absolute liability today, he's playing for Wolves basically.

Daley Blind was a few levels above Fred in terms of ability.

Ace of Spades

People keep talking about him doing the job of multiple men, but his mistakes came from him being unable to pass the ball, or receive the ball under pressure :lol:
This, the guy has no composure whatsoever. Pogba has not helped in this case though.

Jagga7

He very nearly cost us 2 goals. If he was playing like he did for the majority of last season then this thread would be ridiculous but if it was just based on his appearances this season it is very fair, attrocious.
But he definitely isn't the only one. We've been struggling to make 5 yard passes all over the pitch.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I cannot understand how a manager looks at him in training all week and cocking up every week in games and decides "Yes, he is a guaranteed starter."

Fred is a joke but this is Solskjaer's fault.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It’s ridiculous, he is being asked to do something he doesn’t have skillset to do and is being made to look stupid.

OverratedOpinion

He's fine with McTominay next to him. Any single midfielder next to Pogba will struggle.
Did Pogba force him to make a stray pass and fall over trying to tackle someone to nearly cost us a goal or let the ball bounce off his knee directly to let them counter and nearly cost us a goal?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's having a bad game, but has a real tough gig out there with Pogba.

Very lucky not to have played a big role in an opening goal, but just about got away with it.

NewYorkRed

I’m a huge Fred fan. He has been awful today, truly awful. Some of it is down to tactical issues, some just bad play by him. I would bring on Cavani for James, and if we still can’t get the ball off them then i would also bring on Donny for Greenwood and play Pogba on the wing.

Castia

He’s up there with Dan James

2 bang average players

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I cannot understand how a manager looks at him in training all week and cocking up every week in games and decides "Yes, he is a guaranteed starter."

Fred is a joke but this is Solskjaer's fault.
Who would you have started in front of him today out of interest?

binary bot
Makes it all the more crazy when we play such a liability in midfield by himself

SirScholes

He's become the scapegoat, the majority of the team has been woeful.
Agreed, he’d be very useful in a team that played to its strengths rather than ole just plugging people in like it’s FM

Fred is the only player there capable of defending outside ofthe defenders

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
100%.

Fred's touch is not consistently good for the speed at which we need to play. It never will be.

He's great at making a nuisance of himself but that shouldn't have cost us £50m. We already had Herrera who was good at doing that.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
“We need creativity in the midfield to feed our forwards”

Puts Pogba in there. No creativity. No tempo. No fight. He’s better further forward. Feel bad for Fred but he’s also been shite. 3 Wolves players around him for every mistake then just picking him off

RonaldoVII

Did Pogba force him to make a stray pass and fall over trying to tackle someone to nearly cost us a goal or let the ball bounce off his knee directly to let them counter and nearly cost us a goal?
No but where was Pogba then or any of the other times they’ve attacked?

These knee jerk threads during games are pointless.

Welbeckham

The only other one I can think of is maybe Danny Daley Blind. Fred is absolutely completely shit.
Blind was very good for us. And Fred is (maybe doesn’t currently look like it) better than Cleverley, our full-backs in 18-19, De Gea in 18-19(-20), Memphis, Sanchez, Pereira and Mhkitaryan. And that is only off the top of my head.

CM

His passing has been shite but I do have sympathy for him out there today. He's playing in midfield by himself.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We won three major trophies with Daley Blind as a regular in our side. Don’t even compare him to Fred. Chalk and cheese

Gordon S

He is up there for sure. The worst thing is he is currently our only decent option there with Scott out for some time.
Pogba is 10 times better as an attacking mid, as is Donny. Matic doesn`t have the legs for it.
How we have gone through yet another transfer window without improving that position is truly mindboggling.

IrishRedDevil

Donny watching him from the bench must be close to a mental breakdown. I’d be straight into the office with a transfer request.

OverratedOpinion

No but where was Pogba then or any of the other times they’ve attacked?

These knee jerk threads during games are pointless.
I am not asking Fred to do Pogba's job, I am asking him to do his. If Pogba passes like shit and nearly costs us 2 goals then I will have a go at him.