Is it time to burst Mbappe's bubble?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Yes, he's too arrogant. Looks like Giroud had a point when complaining he doesn’t pass, probably Neymar attitude rubbing off on him.

Needs to be brought down to earth and needs a better standard of league football to improve and fulfil his potential. Real Madrid is too soon for him. Won't be able to hack the pressure and almost certainly flops.

I'd take him at Chelsea if he's prepared to be a team player, Tuchel already knows him, 1 year left on his deal we should be enquiring at least.

Number32

His skills set before 2018 was still unknown by most of footballers. Once he got the attention after the world cup glory every centre backs on this planet are targetting him as the man to beat.

Tuanzebe's performance in Paris was the prime example how to beat him in one on one situation. He got the speed, but lacks of creativity, everyone knows he would run to the same direction. He has great techical ability but terrible in close control. His only weapon now is his finishing with that unique shooting technic, but he is also terrible at this recently.

If he stops to improve his game, he can forget about being the best footballers like Messi and Ronaldo.

dinostar77

Needs to leave PSG for a more competitive league. Get away from Neymar's negative influence.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Guys are we forgetting Rashford doesnt even start for england?:lol:
An awful lot can change in 12 months in football. You’re only ever as good as your last season. Mbappe is currently far ahead of Rashford but its not over. If Rashford has been playing with niggles and we can get to the bottom of them and he can refine his game even a little bit more I don’t think he’s as far off Mbappe as some people think at all. Yeah he had a frustrating year and a half and we were way too overreliant on him, but just look at Shaw for example. One or two seasons without major injury, the confidence comes back. Top player.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Trainwreck of a thread.

Has anyone seen him in this season's CL? Destroying Barcelona? Or Bayern? No?
Groundhog day on the caf, just about everyday.

Mbappe destroys Barca: Balon d'Or contender/winner, world class.

Mbappe has a shitty tournament: just a French Dan James :lol:

Tbh, it literally goes on like this in every players thread. Our very own Rashford, probably being the most relevant current example.

OverratedOpinion

The problem for me is that I have feck all idea how good any player is when they have spent their entire career in the French league.

He had a good world cup and has had some very good Champions League performances but without seeing someone consistently play in tough games and influence a top league I have no idea.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Tbh, it literally goes on like this in every players thread. Our very own Rashford, probably being the most relevant current example.
The forum is so toxic that at times it makes some wise members of it, go and join some whatsapp groups and have better and more illuminating discussions.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yes, he's too arrogant. Looks like Giroud had a point when complaining he doesn’t pass, probably Neymar attitude rubbing off on him.

Needs to be brought down to earth and needs a better standard of league football to improve and fulfil his potential. Real Madrid is too soon for him. Won't be able to hack the pressure and almost certainly flops.

I'd take him at Chelsea if he's prepared to be a team player, Tuchel already knows him, 1 year left on his deal we should be enquiring at least.
Of course you would :lol:

Eddy_JukeZ

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Who are you trying to kid? You'd take him in an instant.

Eddy_JukeZ

Needs to leave PSG for a more competitive league. Get away from Neymar's negative influence.
You literally have no idea of Neymar's influence on him, so why are you pretending to know?

For all we know, Neymar could be a positive influence on him considering how well they often link up.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

The caf is turning into football twitter. A player is either world class or shit and overrated. There's no middle ground.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The problem for me is that I have feck all idea how good any player is when they have spent their entire career in the French league.

He had a good world cup and has had some very good Champions League performances but without seeing someone consistently play in tough games and influence a top league I have no idea.
He’s been playing in second gear for too long in France. He badly needs to move to improve himself through playing against better players every week

cyberman

Xhaka is better than Bruno then if we're using that logic.
Im using the logic of who would a manager play in these Euros if they had a choice of Sterling and Mbappe. Mbappe has been terrible so someone laughing down at Rashford for not getting in front of 15 goals in 20 odd games Raheem is making a ludicrous statement.

dinostar77

You literally have no idea of Neymar's influence on him, so why are you pretending to know?

For all we know, Neymar could be a positive influence on him considering how well they often link up.
:lol:

Neymar a positive influence?

Eddy_JukeZ

Im using the logic of who would a manager play in these Euros if they had a choice of Sterling and Mbappe. Mbappe has been terrible so someone laughing down at Rashford for not getting in front of 15 goals in 20 odd games Raheem is making a ludicrous statement.
That only works with hindsight.

Before the Euros, no manager would pick Sterling over Mbappe in their team.

dinostar77

You have no idea if he is or isn't.

But I'm fully aware that most people here can't think rationally when it comes to Neymar.
Its interesting that the Ronaldo v Messi conversation is now turning into Mbappe v Haaland and Neymar has been completely ignored. Hiding out in a subpar league, not wanting to challenge himself by going back to of the top top three leagues. Says alot about him and his ambition, drive and desire.

The man is so professional he feins injury around the time of his sisters birthday every year (the 1st round of CL knockout stages) and jets off to brasil. Google it, its a common question on google "does neymar fake injury for his sister brithday".

Thats not the sort of player Mbappe needs to be around if he wants to reach Messi/Ronaldo levels.

TheRedDevil2019

Mbappe has the world at his feet, still so young but has clearly been heavily influenced/swayed by Neymar and his entourage/circus. Mbappe's agent should be thinking about moving him on as soon as possible to save his career from nose-diving at PSG. Mbappe needs removing from the environment to probably get the best out of skills. Neymar isn't going to change and the longer Kylian sticks around the harder it will be for him to change back to how he was 3/4 years ago. If you watch back games from those years or even just some player cam footage on youtube you can clearly see how Mbappe asserts himself is much different to today.

If he maintained that attitude he had before Ney poisoned him, Mbappe would be even more unstoppable.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Maybe he should leave PSG at some point, but not sure now is the right time. They have a real shot at the CL next season with Donnarumma and Wijnaldum added already.

Eddy_JukeZ

Its interesting that the Ronaldo v Messi conversation is now turning into Mbappe v Haaland and Neymar has been completely ignored. Hiding out in a subpar league, not wanting to challenge himself by going back to of the top top three leagues. Says alot about him and his ambition, drive and desire.

The man is so professional he feins injury around the time of his sisters birthday every year (the 1st round of CL knockout stages) and jets off to brasil. Google it, its a common question on google "does neymar fake injury for his sister brithday".

Thats not the sort of player Mbappe needs to be around if he wants to reach Messi/Ronaldo levels.
Well Neymar is still better than both Mbappe/Haaland imo and will likely end up as Brazil's record goalscorer passing Pele while doing so. I think his ambition, drive and desire are fine.

The sister thing is weird. I won't deny that.

If the expectation for Mbappe is to reach Messi/Ronaldo levels and anything else is a failure, that is completely stupid.

cyberman

That only works with hindsight.

Before the Euros, no manager would pick Sterling over Mbappe in their team.
Its not hindsight, its performances. Sterling has been fantastic for England for a long time now and Mbapoe would be every bit benched behind him as Rashford has. Rashford has a bit more competition than crock Dembele to get in front of. Even then every football fan would play Jack in front of everybody

Neymar

Not a peasant
Supports
Neymar & Messi
Dembele is better than Mbappe fully fit. I'm dead serious too, I watch Barcelona a lot.

klsv

The caf is turning into football twitter. A player is either world class or shit and overrated. There's no middle ground.
And it changes so fast as well. Everyone was crying for Lindelöf to be replaced, then he had some nice games for Sweden and he's suddenly better than Varane, who had a few shaky games, but now Varane is better again because Lindelöf could have perhaps done better yesterday. The real bubble bursting will begin once people here understand that no player is safe from a bad spell, let alone from making a mistake.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
And it changes so fast as well. Everyone was crying for Lindelöf to be replaced, then he had some nice games for Sweden and he's suddenly better than Varane, who had a few shaky games, but now Varane is better again because Lindelöf could have perhaps done better yesterday. The real bubble bursting will begin once people here understand that no player is safe from a bad spell, let alone from making a mistake.
Exactly. This is what I hate about modern football. It's over analyzed bollocks sometimes.

jdotman

This thread is actually the worst :lol:
Mbappe was definitely disappointing this euros, France in general were disappointing.
He played crap against Switzerland, no denying that. He did not play like this in the other 3 games of the tournament, go and watch the highlights and see for yourself, he was involved in almost everything france had going forward, even in 2 of the goals against Switzerland. Yes, still expected him to be much better, but now hes just the scapegoat for France who in general where very underwhelming apart from maybe a couple players such as Pogba and in the last couple games Benzema. I dare some of you to keep this same energy this time next year or after the world cup.

jackal&hyde

Are you comparing him to Messi and Ronaldo because I'm not. It seems you are making one absurd comparison because of another?

It doesn't matter what their skillsets are. Mbappe is better, more productive, and far more intelligent. General play is superior too. He's clearly a better footballer to everybody who watches football barring some United fans.
I never said one is better then the other, just that they have similar skill sets and also both suffer from inconsistency at times. The first part is all over the internet, Mbappe-Haaland the next Messi-Ronaldo bs. It wasn't addressed at you but it is a narrative out there.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I never said one is better then the other, just that they have similar skill sets and also both suffer from inconsistency at times. The first part is all over the internet, Mbappe-Haaland the next Messi-Ronaldo bs. It wasn't addressed at you but it is a narrative out there.
Yeah, but one is better than the other.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Trainwreck of a thread.

Has anyone seen him in this season's CL? Destroying Barcelona? Or Bayern? No?
Aye, he seemingly had a really good season domestically, but even if someone ignores that he had some excellent showings in Europe. The performance at the Nou camp in particular was sensational.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Players should be judged over longer periods rather than a short cup competition. There are some players that can elevate their levels for a short period of time. Xhaka if you ignore the times he's lost the ball and its lead to a goal is world class. Hell even in this tourney, we had Xhaka being Xhaka against a smaller team, it was Wales I think, and wasn't punished.
A manager who's been in hibernation and came out of it just before the Euros started, would pick Sterling over Mbappe.