Is Jadon Sancho really worth the 100 plus million fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s definitely leaving. They’re not keeping him for yet another season when it’s clear he wants out. Just hope it’s us and not Chelsea or Liverpool.

theklr

Chelsea is looking for a pure ST and a CB . They have enough wide forwards.

Bwuk

It’s a fair price when you consider what Chelsea paid for Havertz and I’d say Sancho is better.

Amad, Pellistri & VdB probably cost us not far off what we’d of paid for Sancho last season and I know which would of been better for us this season.

Devil may care

Nobody doubted his talent, some of the posts about tonight's performance come off like he hasn't been doing things like that for 3 seasons now. If Pogba is going I can see splashing out on him, otherwise I'm not fussed as I think our options for the front 4 are way better than our CM and CB options already.

Not really sure what Zorc us saying but I truly see no reason for us to not get this done. It was so close last year.
Do Bundesliga clubs sporting directors and CEO's talk to the media after every game?

pav1790

Nobody doubted his talent, some of the posts about tonight's performance come off like he hasn't been doing things like that for 3 seasons now. If Pogba is going I can see splashing out on him, otherwise I'm not fussed as I think our options for the front 4 are way better than our CM and CB options already.

Do Bundesliga clubs sporting directors and CEO's talk to the media after every game?
Looks like the mugs at Dortmund do like the limelight.

Mindhunter

We just lost a 200 million kit partner. No way in hell we can afford him this summer.

jesperjaap

Yes I agree. Be a really good signing obviously in what is a problem position....but we have a few problem positions. There are several young players coming through (two of which we paid a lot of money for in total last summer) that have a lot of talent and can play on the right. For me we dont have a centre back partnership and we dont have any players in my opinion that should be in a title challenging starting eleven to play in the double pivot.

Whether or not the youngsters are good enough and of course at the moment they are certainly not as good as Sancho, remains to be seen. But in terms of priorities, unless we are making major sales such as Pogba like you say (and I for one would happily sell four bigger players to fund this summer), with these priorities, we have to put some trust in these youngsters within the squad next season.

Personally if it is a choice of a pivot of Fred/McTominay again next season with Sancho on the right and Greenwood as back up............or

For example a pivot of Kamara/Camavinga and Greenwood on the right with Amad/Pellestri/Shoetire competing......I would rather the latter in terms of the whole team, which isnt to say I dont think individually Sancho would be a wonderful signing, just as Grealish would.

BorisManUtd

We've scored 64 goals so far this season in PL, 9 of those coming aganst 10-man Southampton, so I'd say we're still lacking goals. Would be good if Dortmund finish outside top 4 to strengthen our position in negotiations, though it seems like Sancho is leaving no matter where Dortmund finish their season, I reckon there is agreement between him and their board that he leaves this summer after his move to United didn't happen last year.

Mindhunter

Aye I'm sure the whole summer window hung in the balance of that deal. In fact I've heard we're probably selling Old Trafford because of it, Bruno's crying too.
You can practise your sarcasm as much as you like but Glazer’s aren’t going to sanction a 90m outlay without us having the predictability about cash flows.

Let’s see what happens by the end of the summer window. Name and shame if then.

Mindhunter

:lol:

People who have no idea shouldn't speak
And your are United's CEO? You don't have an idea either so quit your attitude. The fact is that no body knows. However, given the amount of debt on our books, the loss of revenue due to Covid, and now the loss of a sponsor will impact us. You can post as many smileys as you want.

As I said, name and shame me later once the summer transfer window is over.

JustinC00

We just lost a 200 million kit partner. No way in hell we can afford him this summer.
The supposed money being lost from that deal is 20m per season, which is less than we paid for each VDB & Diallo and I highly doubt they were the only company in talks, some other company that doesn't give a toss about the boycotts will step in.

Last edited:

Mindhunter

The supposed money being lost from that deal is 20m per season, which is less than we paid for each VDB & Diallo and I highly doubt they were the only company in talks, some other company that doesn't give a toss about the boycotts will step in.
Let's see how this impacts us in the long run. If I was Sancho, I would be a little bit concerned with the current situation though. If we don't make enough money, we won't be able to match the ambitions of our top players. If protests are ongoing and we continue to hound our our sponsors, that future may become more probable.

No top player will want to commit their peak years to a club where there is a situation like this brewing which may result in them not being competitive for a number of years.

JustinC00

Let's see how this impacts us in the long run. If I was Sancho, I would be a little bit concerned with the current situation though. If we don't make enough money, we won't be able to match the ambitions of our top players. If protests are ongoing and we continue to hound our our sponsors, that future may become more probable.

No top player will want to commit their peak years to a club where there is a situation like this brewing which may result in them not being competitive for a number of years.

Stop concern trolling. Sancho won't give a feck if we pay him the wages he wants and neither will his agent when he gets his fee. He wants to come back to England and he wants to play with Rashford.

Mindhunter

Stop concern trolling. Sancho won't give a feck if we pay him the wages he wants and neither will his agent when he gets his fee. He wants to come back to England and he wants to play with Rashford.
Hi Sancho. Thanks for joining Redcafe. I am a big fan.

Womp

idiot
He certainly hasn't done himself any favours with the TRUE/FALSE cringe on twitter.

Wtf! :confused:
We have more midfield options than any other position in the squad. With how we are set up, Jude isn't getting into the squad consistently enough ahead of Bruno, Pogba, Scott, Fred, VDB, Matic etc. to overlook Sancho

ForeverRed1

He will bring 30+ goals to the team across the season.
Hoping they don’t let one of the big 6 get him, I think we will regret it.

Devil may care

Yes I agree. Be a really good signing obviously in what is a problem position....but we have a few problem positions. There are several young players coming through (two of which we paid a lot of money for in total last summer) that have a lot of talent and can play on the right. For me we dont have a centre back partnership and we dont have any players in my opinion that should be in a title challenging starting eleven to play in the double pivot.

Whether or not the youngsters are good enough and of course at the moment they are certainly not as good as Sancho, remains to be seen. But in terms of priorities, unless we are making major sales such as Pogba like you say (and I for one would happily sell four bigger players to fund this summer), with these priorities, we have to put some trust in these youngsters within the squad next season.

Personally if it is a choice of a pivot of Fred/McTominay again next season with Sancho on the right and Greenwood as back up............or

For example a pivot of Kamara/Camavinga and Greenwood on the right with Amad/Pellestri/Shoetire competing......I would rather the latter in terms of the whole team, which isnt to say I dont think individually Sancho would be a wonderful signing, just as Grealish would.
I agree 100%, Sancho is a quality player but so is Mason who is 18 months behind him in development, and a front 4 picked from Bruno/Pogba/Rashford/Mason/Cavani/Martial is pretty damn good and tyen you factor in Amad, compare that with the double pivot options of McFred and Matic and it's nuts, we have 6 quality starting options for 4 spots in attack, where as we don't have 1 midfielder who is really good enough to be starting regularly for Manchester United. I get wanting depth but adding more Ferrari's while the family cars are Ford Focuses makes no sense, we need a Rolls Royce and a Bentley for midfield first.

The problem is some have decided that Mason is only going to be a #9 despite what him and Ole have said, and that Pogba will thrive in a double pivot with a top DM despite him saying he loves playing off the left and he constantly struggles in that role. If we had a crazy summer and revamped the double pivot, got a partner for Maguire and bought Sancho, then great! But we all know it won't happen and to me Sancho is the least needed of the aforementioned.

Hi Sancho. Thanks for joining Redcafe. I am a big fan.
Hi Joel, or is it Avram?

Devil may care

We have more midfield options than any other position in the squad. With how we are set up, Jude isn't getting into the squad consistently enough ahead of Bruno, Pogba, Scott, Fred, VDB, Matic etc. to overlook Sancho
The position he'd be competing for is in the double pivot and the only players we have that operate there are McFred and Matic, so that's 2 bang average midfielders and a has been who will likely be off in the summer, meanwhile we have Rashford, Pogba and Mason who all play in Sancho's best positions in the front 4 and Amad who we paid £35M for and is yet to be fully blooded in.

Mindhunter

Hi Joel, or is it Avram?
Why would be my stance beneficial to Avram or Joel? They will get 26m in dividends per year with or without sponsors. We on the other hand will miss out on our targets if we can't afford to pay them. I am looking forward to the "no value in the market" years again.

You would be foolish to think this would have no impact on our market power and the willingness of top players to join us.

Womp

idiot
The position he'd be competing for is in the double pivot and the only players we have that operate there are McFred and Matic, so that's 2 bang average midfielders and a has been who will likely be off in the summer, meanwhile we have Rashford, Pogba and Mason who all play in Sancho's best positions in the front 4 and Amad who we paid £35M for and is yet to be fully blooded in.
Don't agree. Only reason Pogba is shifted out wide is because of Fred and Scott's importance to this side and how we operate under Ole. You may consider them bang average, but given the defensive solidarity that they bring to a side who relies on counter attacking, it's clear why Ole prefers them. Pogba has played his whole career in CM, but he's not as reliable defensively, which is clearly something Ole demands. Not to add, we are supposedly looking at a DM, which would limit that position even further.

Also, Sancho would clearly be getting bought in to operate off the right, whether that's where he ends up in the squad is a different matter, but the point stands. The only real options we have out there is a young player learning his trade in Greenwood, who is a striker and Rashford who doesn't look half the player out there. Not even going to mention Martial at this point.

Lastly, Sancho is a far more established and ready player than Bellingham is. We may well be interested in Jude, but this nonsense that we have given up on Sancho because of Jude, is just that, nonsense imo.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Did we not go back late in the window with a 90 million offer or something or was that tabloid bs in the end?

I think he goes to Chelsea in the end.
We already have a billion wingers. We need a striker. Have no clue why he's linked with us.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We already have a billion wingers. We need a striker. Have no clue why he's linked with us.
Just the Chelsea fan link, probably. You've got more than enough in wide areas and Tuchel anyways like to play the wing backs we well. CF definitely and a few defending recinforcements (not sure if needed now), holding midfielder are more important for Chelsea.

DesiAce83

In my eyes, Sancho is a must. He will give us some output from the wide right, which will allow our wide left to be more dangerous as teams know currently to just focus on our left. Rashford upfront and running towards the left is going to give us the same reward as Rashford starting LF. Allows Pogba and Bruno to be creative and wreck havoc behind the two of Sancho and Rashford.

The double pivot of McFred isn't perfect but if we can increase our attacking, it will invariably put less pressure on our defence so maybe even DVB could play there!!!

Devil may care

Don't agree. Only reason Pogba is shifted out wide is because of Fred and Scott's importance to this side and how we operate under Ole. You may consider them bang average, but given the defensive solidarity that they bring to a side who relies on counter attacking, it's clear why Ole prefers them. Pogba has played his whole career in CM, but he's not as reliable defensively, which is clearly something Ole demands. Not to add, we are supposedly looking at a DM, which would limit that position even further.

Also, Sancho would clearly be getting bought in to operate off the right, whether that's where he ends up in the squad is a different matter, but the point stands. The only real options we have out there is a young player learning his trade in Greenwood, who is a striker and Rashford who doesn't look half the player out there. Not even going to mention Martial at this point.

Lastly, Sancho is a far more established and ready player than Bellingham is. We may well be interested in Jude, but this nonsense that we have given up on Sancho because of Jude, is just that, nonsense imo.
Pogba's best football of his career was at Juventus where he played as an attacking #8 in a 3 man midfield with 2 more defensive players, he's mentioned this many times, he's not suited to the double pivot no matter who he plays with as he's not defensively capable. McFred play because there's nobody else for that role and the counter attack crap is a side effect of having 2 limited footballers in midfield, something Ole is trying to remedy with Pogba off the left which gives us 2 creators in the front 4 for better balance. There are loads of players who can do what McFred do while also being good on the ball, Bellingham and say Caf favourite Rice as our double pivot would make us a vastly better team.

You say Mason is a striker, Ole and Mason have said otherwise in recent interviews, and Greenwood has been really good on the right for us and we paid £35M for Amad, Rashford/Pogba/Mason/Martial/Amad gives us plenty of options, the opposite of midfield where we have 2 average players and grandpa Matic. It's weird to me that people think Ole is enamoured with McFred but can't believe he's actually happy with Mason at RW.

I never said it wasn't, I think people are reading what Falk said incorrectly, he said we are no longer interested in Sancho and that Bellingham is the Dortmund player we want, he didn't say one prevented the other or that we would move for Bellingham this summer specifically, he simply stated what he had heard regarding United and Dortmund players.

Devil may care

Why would be my stance beneficial to Avram or Joel? They will get 26m in dividends per year with or without sponsors. We on the other hand will miss out on our targets if we can't afford to pay them. I am looking forward to the "no value in the market" years again.

You would be foolish to think this would have no impact on our market power and the willingness of top players to join us.
You called the guy you quoted Sancho but you're talking like you're one of the Glazers when the fact is neither of you have a fecking clue, you're just assuming and then stating your guesswork as facts, in about 3 months you can both come back and compare receipts and one of you will have "won" at the internet.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Just the Chelsea fan link, probably. You've got more than enough in wide areas and Tuchel anyways like to play the wing backs we well. CF definitely and a few defending recinforcements (not sure if needed now), holding midfielder are more important for Chelsea.
Striker >>>>>>>>>>>> physical dm >>>> cb

That is our list of priorities for the summer imo or it should be I should say.

ReallyUSA

We have three strikers. We have no one besides Greenwood that can play on the right, and even he isn't supposed to be out there. Pay 80 and lets get a CDM.

FatTails

I feel like Liverpool must be in with a shout. Their attack has been poor this year so they might want to make some additions there. Salah and Mane are 29 and have only two more years on their contract. Sancho will get plenty of games rotating with them two since he can play on the right and left, and in a years time one of them two will probably leave. I could see all three playing together too with one of them as a false 9. There is the Klopp connection, which can only help.

Mindhunter

You called the guy you quoted Sancho but you're talking like you're one of the Glazers when the fact is neither of you have a fecking clue, you're just assuming and then stating your guesswork as facts, in about 3 months you can both come back and compare receipts and one of you will have "won" at the internet.
Either read the response fully or stop replying back. I have never claimed that what I am suggesting is a fact. Don't put up a straw-man for trying to "win" the internet.

Sancho may be vary of our future direction if the club continues to be in turmoil through a civil war between fans and the owner. If what happened was a one off then there is no harm done. However, if games continue to be disrupted and sponsors continue to leave us then we will eventually lose our ability to attract and retain top talent.

RkkMan

I feel like Liverpool must be in with a shout. Their attack has been poor this year so they might want to make some additions there. Salah and Mane are 29 and have only two more years on their contract. Sancho will get plenty of games rotating with them two since he can play on the right and left, and in a years time one of them two will probably leave. I could see all three playing together too with one of them as a false 9. There is the Klopp connection, which can only help.
What Klopp connection? He never played under him at BVB and Sancho is the type of player who wants to play WEEK IN WEEK OUT it's why he forced his way out of City he won't go somewhere where he's not guaranteed a star status and at Liverpool Mane/Salah are club legends and even though they're 29 they're still in their prime and one of the best wingers in the world rotation between those 3 is extremely unrealistic if you also throw in Jota
Plus Liverpool never make big money signings without a major sale and they'll need some spectacular good luck finding buyers for their wingers in this market

Thiagoal

I really can’t see us going for Jadon and believe the ship has sailed. Will be interesting to see where he goes- wouldn’t surprise me to see him at Liverpool or Chelsea though

The big money signing of Amad, combined with Mason’s development plus the fact we are stacked with hugely talented attacking players in our youth teams (Hannibal, Forson, Shoretire, Elanga) means it doesn’t make sense. Much rather we go for a top striker.

RkkMan

I really can’t see us going for Jadon and believe the ship has sailed. Will be interesting to see where he goes- wouldn’t surprise me to see him at Liverpool or Chelsea though

The big money signing of Amad, combined with Mason’s development plus the fact we are stacked with hugely talented attacking players in our youth teams (Hannibal, Forson, Shoretire, Elanga) means it doesn’t make sense. Much rather we go for a top striker.
A ST would have made sense if Cavani left but him staying lessens the need for it and it's even been detailed within the Utd media.
Plus Shoretire/Hannibal are CM/CAM zero correlation to Sancho and frankly none of them are still ready for proper first team football.
Amad is yet to get a minute of PL football and Mason is a No9 long term Sancho is still very much needed
And every source has said we'll be in for Sancho if the price significantly drops which it has

Brightonian

You can practise your sarcasm as much as you like but Glazer’s aren’t going to sanction a 90m outlay without us having the predictability about cash flows.

Let’s see what happens by the end of the summer window. Name and shame if then.
They will precisely because they know buying players like Sancho is what will pacify the fanbase and keep us attractive to these sponsors. 'Glazers out' is no more realistic an option from their perspective than it is from ours; this is the only solution that saves them from a long slow haemorrhaging of value, which is the only thing they care about.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The reality is we could have this done and dusted, the dotted line signed before the window even opens and not have to go through a whole window of pain but this club are clearly not capable of getting deals done early, so so frustrating
That would be poor business on our part. Dortmund would negotiate from a position with the assumption they've qualified for the CL. If they don't qualify their position is weakened, but if we negotiate before this is determined they don't need to consider that.

Status
Not open for further replies.