Is Jadon Sancho really worth the 100 plus million fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s coming here and it’s going to be a pleasure seeing seething Bundesliga fans cry about their tinpot league.

krentz

That zehner guy is a Leverkusen fan?! :wenger:Do we have Spurs or WHU fan siding and fierciely defending Man Utd in oppo footie forum? Mad. I mean if i were a supporter of Leverkusen I'd be thrilled to see a rival club losing their star player.

romufc

Pretty much every single transfer is a bidding war. You can only nmforce the selling club to lower his demands if you can convince the player to sit out his contract and not sign with any competitors. Do you really believe Sancho is so keen to join you that he would prefer waiting a year to join you over signing for Liverpool or Chelsea or the likes immediately? There hasn't been any indication of it.
I guess you and I have different definitions of a bidding war.

In my eyes for example you go to an auction and one person bids, another bids higher and so on. When was the last time that happened?

When it comes to transfers, generally most clubs bid the same amount and it gets accepted, then its on the player and the personal contracts.

A transfer value bidding war is nothing to do with Sancho, do you think if there was a bidding war and Leicester or Spurs offered Dortmund more than United, Liverpool, Chelsea, he would go to those clubs? There has been no indication of that.

Also, to your point, yes there has, personal terms were agreed between United so which is clearly an indication he would like to join Manutd.

Just because he isnt kicking up a fuss about it, doesn't mean he doesnt want to leave.

SATA

That zehner guy is a Leverkusen fan?! :wenger:Do we have Spurs or WHU fan siding and fierciely defending Man Utd in oppo footie forum? Mad. I mean if i were a supporter of Leverkusen I'd be thrilled to see a rival club losing their star player.
Yeah it’s border line weird and hilarious. It’s like me or us defending Salah or De Bruyne on their respective forums and not being thrilled at all to see them leave

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Yeah it’s border line weird and hilarious. It’s like me or us defending Salah or De Bruyne on their respective forums and not being thrilled at all to see them leave
If stating the facts is defending, then this tells more about you than about me.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
You are stating facts like ‘Dormund don’t want to sell’. That’s your opinion, not a fact.
No, it's not my opinion, it's Dortmund's opinion. Slight difference because my opinion is as irrelevant as yours while Dortmund's determines if Sancho is allowed to leave or not. It's just like last year: United fans refusing to believe any piece of information or argument that could make the transfer more unlikely while glady buying into every nonsense, however far fetched it might be, that increases the probability. That's the definiton of cognitive dissonances. And if the transfer fails, it'll get ugly again because people got their hopes up and now need someone to blame. Basic instincts.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No, it's not my opinion, it's Dortmund's opinion. Slight difference because my opinion is as irrelevant as yours while Dortmund's determines if Sancho is allowed to leave or not. It's just like last year: United fans refusing to believe any piece of information or argument that could make the transfer more unlikely while glady buying into every nonsense, however far fetched it might be, that increases the probability. That's the definiton of cognitive dissonances. And if the transfer fails, it'll get ugly again because people got their hopes up and now need someone to blame. Basic instincts.
This is exactly your stance on the topic except the other way around.

Also, if Dortmund absolutely do not want to sell, as you have claimed, why enter into a gentleman's agreement at all?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Also, if Dortmund absolutely do not want to sell, as you have claimed, why enter into a gentleman's agreement at all?
No it isn't. I've always been saying this transfer is possible. I'm merely pointing out the arguments for it not happening, too. The pieces of information you guys choose to ignore because it makes the outcome you would prefer less likely.

Anyway, I already told you let's agree to disagree. We'll see if you're right and can force Dortmund to sell cheaper than they intend. I'm pretty sure that if he moves to United, you'll pay the full price.

zenith

Some of the most successful signings that we have made over the years seem to have common traits.

1. Young player (25 or below)
2. Consistent performer (over more than one season)
3. Strong willingness to come to the club
4. Somewhat versatile.

I'm thinking Sancho, ticks many of these boxes will be a fine addition to us over the next decade.

amolbhatia50k

No it isn't. I've always been saying this transfer is possible. I'm merely pointing out the arguments for it not happening, too. The pieces of information you guys choose to ignore because it makes the outcome you would prefer less likely.

Anyway, I already told you let's agree to disagree. We'll see if you're right and can force Dortmund to sell cheaper than they intend. I'm pretty sure that if he moves to United, you'll pay the full price.
I mean Dortmund are already willing to sell for less than they intended given the price has seemingly dropped this summer as compared to last. So , as I said, nothing is set in stone.

Well I'd be happy for us to pay the full price. I think Sancho is brilliant.

krentz

If stating the facts is defending, then this tells more about you than about me.
What fact though?

Here's what you said:

"Do you really believe Sancho is so keen to join you that he would prefer waiting a year to join you over signing for Liverpool or Chelsea or the likes immediately? There hasn't been any indication of it".

Are you Jadon Sancho himself? If not then how could you claimed your words as "fact" instead of "opinion"? Weird.
Oh btw, were you holding a celebration party when Bayern came for Ballack and Ze Roberto? Just curious if rivalvy in Bundesliga is still alive and kickin'. :angel:

FreddieTheReddie

What fact though?

Here's what you said:

"Do you really believe Sancho is so keen to join you that he would prefer waiting a year to join you over signing for Liverpool or Chelsea or the likes immediately? There hasn't been any indication of it".

Are you Jadon Sancho himself? If not then how could you claimed your words as "fact" instead of "opinion"? Weird.
Oh btw, were you holding a celebration party when Bayern came for Ballack and Ze Roberto? Just curious if rivalvy in Bundesliga is still alive and kickin'. :angel:
I thought he's Zork, but you are right, could be Sancho himself. Definitely someone who knows everything that happens in Dortmund.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
What fact though?

Here's what you said:

It's always nice to quote without context, isn't it? :) It's a fact that the prices for player are very low due to covid. It's a fact that most European countries are amidst vaccination campaigns. It's a fact that Dortmund officials said they want to keep Sancho but have a gentlemen's agreement with a set sum and due date out of gratitude for his services. It's a fact that Dortmund said the exact same thing last year and sticked with it. And then there's a whole lot of reports which are much more reliable than wannabe insiders on Twitter which are quoted here tirelessly.

And no, I absolutely despise Bayern. But I'd consider myself childish if I couldn't admit that they're a good team. This is where we differ because most of the tribal fans in this forum can't even admit that Liverpool is doing a great job because they somehow feel as if they'd betray their club by doing so. So instead they ignore facts - just childish, simplistic and cringeworthy.

Anyway, let's leave it at that. This is your thread, I won't disturb you any longer. Feel free to convince each other of whatever you want to believe in, regardless facts and probabilities :)

FreddieTheReddie

It's always nice to quote without context, isn't it? :) It's a fact that the prices for player are very low due to covid. It's a fact that most European countries are amidst vaccination campaigns. It's a fact that Dortmund officials said they want to keep Sancho but have a gentlemen's agreement with a set sum and due date out of gratitude for his services. It's a fact that Dortmund said the exact same thing last year and sticked with it. And then there's a whole lot of reports which are much more reliable than wannabe insiders on Twitter which are quoted here tirelessly.

And no, I absolutely despise Bayern. But I'd consider myself childish if I couldn't admit that they're a good team. This is where we differ because most of the tribal fans in this forum can't even admit that Liverpool is doing a great job because they somehow feel as if they'd betray their club by doing so. So instead they ignore facts - just childish, simplistic and cringeworthy.

Anyway, let's leave it at that. This is your thread, I won't disturb you any longer. Feel free to convince each other of whatever you want to believe in, regardless facts and probabilities :)
1. Saying they want to keep him means nothing. Obviously, they won't say 'we wanna sell him no matter what'.
2. You mean this season?

chipper05

I can give you a very short reply: Dortmund decided in 2013 (!) not to give anyone a release clause - may be last year for the first time they made an exception for Haaland - but especially for younger players they found another solution: If there is an exceptionel offer during the next years (not after the first one or two years of the contract) we will negotiate with the club, but there are several conditions must be met: 1.) the transfer fee we expect, 2.) we set a deadline, so we can find a replacement. That`s all.
And so if a player (or his agent) asked, he will get an answer: for example 100 millions up to 15th of july. Last year it was 120 millions up to 8th of july (if I remember right) - with one year less contract it may be 100 millions - and it has nothing to do with covid, because esp. after qualifiying for the championsleague, Dortmund does not need the money - otherwise they could sell Haaland for a much bigger amount...

hubbuh

You've been unnecessarily condescending there. The vast majority of United fans on here or in real life can obviously appreciate how good Liverpool have been over the past few years (pants this year, though). It'll be a really tiny minority that can't, in the same way that I'm sure a really tiny minority of Leverkusen fans will say stupid things. Seems like a rather pointless point made with the underhand intention of getting a random jab in?

I don't even understand what the debate is about. Sancho will obviously leave at some point (either this year or next, he's clearly not going to extend his contract), by all accounts United have been in touch with his camp and the signs indicate he'd like to join, and the price has gone down from last year. I'm sure Dortmund are happy, they got to keep Sancho for another year and secured CL football, likewise United are happy because they finished above expectation in 2nd, are in a European final and will spend less on Sancho now or next year than they would have last year. Happy days all round.

amolbhatia50k

You've been unnecessarily condescending there. The vast majority of United fans on here or in real life can obviously appreciate how good Liverpool have been over the past few years (pants this year, though). It'll be a really tiny minority that can't, in the same way that I'm sure a really tiny minority of Leverkusen fans will say stupid things. Seems like a rather pointless point made with the underhand intention of getting a random jab in?

I don't even understand what the debate is about. Sancho will obviously leave at some point (either this year or next, he's clearly not going to extend his contract), by all accounts United have been in touch with his camp and the signs indicate he'd like to join, and the price has gone down from last year. I'm sure Dortmund are happy, they got to keep Sancho for another year and secured CL football, likewise United are happy because they finished above expectation in 2nd, are in a European final and will spend less on Sancho now or next year than they would have last year. Happy days all round.
Nothing new there.

marktan

If the price was £70m for either Sancho, or Grealish, who would people go for?

I'll admit I've been thinking about Grealish in our team more and more and it excites me. He'd be a talisman for us wherever he plays.

amolbhatia50k

I'll admit I've been thinking about Grealish in our team more and more and it excites me. He'd be a talisman for us wherever he plays.
Sancho

SATA

Sancho, a CM, CDM, then Grealish to top it off. Buy them all

laughtersassassin

Sancho.

I actually rate Grealish more but Grealish is my pick for a Pogba replacement.

We need Sancho for the right hand side. It's a bonus he can play other positions.

Grealish can't play on the with so we would be stacking our left side way too much.

Last edited:

bosskeano

Sancho is the better option simply because he can play on the right of our attack. They both offer the versatility of being able to play on the left or centrally but Grealish doesn't play on the right. Grealish is best suited as a 10.

The price isn't an issue as i believe they would both cost basically the same fee.

Dazzmondo

Sancho, not even a doubt. Grealish is a great player but he's a complete luxury signing. There's nothing to suggest he can play on the right, and the left wing and cam positions are well stocked already. Sancho is also a better player imo, especially when it comes to direct involvement in goals. Sancho is what we need and we should absolutely get this done.

EDIT: As someone else mentioned, it would be interesting to see if we could potentially push Grealish back to cm to replace Pogba the season after next. Assuming we have already got our top dm this season, which we should, maybe Grealish could slot into a midfield 2.

croadyman

Sancho, not even a doubt. Grealish is a great player but he's a complete luxury signing. There's nothing to suggest he can play on the right, and the left wing and cam positions are well stocked already. Sancho is also a better player imo, especially when it comes to direct involvement in goals. Sancho is what we need and we should absolutely get this done.

EDIT: As someone else mentioned, it would be interesting to see if we could potentially push Grealish back to cm to replace Pogba the season after next. Assuming we have already got our top dm this season, which we should, maybe Grealish could slot into a midfield 2.
Yeah think that's the only way that Jack ever becomes a Utd player so just hope City don't take him this summer

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
This is why transfer with Dortmund is so tiring. Every day you'll hear about the same thing "we dont need no money and you have to meet our asking price, otherwise it's your fault this transfer doesn't happen" while sitting on their high horse. I'd say feck it if they play this kind of game again just sign a CB/DMF (both if possible) and play Amad. Because you know it'll waste our entire transfer window. Soon Jan will join in. Jan and Bild can feck off.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This is why transfer with Dortmund is so tiring. Every day you'll hear about the same thing "we dont need no money and you have to meet our asking price, otherwise it's your fault this transfer doesn't happen" while sitting on their high horse. I'd say feck it if they play this kind of game again just sign a CB/DMF (both if possible) and play Amad. Because you know it'll waste our entire transfer window. Soon Jan will join in. Jan and Bild can feck off.
I don't get the sourness to Dortmund. They have a price and aren't playing games here. It's dead simple for us if we want him pay, if we waste another summer on a price, we can only blame ourselves. Got feck all to do with Dortmund taking a piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.