Is Lingard as good as gone? | Contract extended by one year

Rob Corona

"Jesse Lingard face masks: Manchester United star creates face masks in a bid to help NHS UK
Manchester United attacker Jesse Lingard has created his own range of face masks within his 'JLingz' clothing range. Face masks will be mandatory on public transport in England from June 15 and the England international is doing his bit to help commuters in need of protection. The Jesse Lingard face masks will cost £12 and all the proceeds from the sale will be given to the NHS UK, which has been on the forefront of the battle against the pandemic. The Jesse Lingard face masks come in all shapes and sizes and the JLIngz website describes them as 'comfortable and easy to wear'. The Manchester United star announced the launch of the Jesse Lingard face masks on his social media accounts on Friday.

Also Read: Premier League Restart: Clubs To Mourn COVID-19 Victims, Mark Black Lives Matter Support"

He is not only an ace on the pitch, he's a genious businessman as well. Putting in efforts for charity, just as Rashford. Shouldn't we stick behind him?
After all, Lingard regards himself as one of the top fifteen attacking midfielders in Europe.

Rossa

The only people that know the actual transfer fee are those that actually negotiate it, not some website. I'm not putting it forward as evidence ffs

Well it is a mad world, and we'll get a lot more than £20m if we sell him in England, and slightly less if he goes abroad.
Well, then laughing at someone who at the very least provides a reference for quoted figure, whilst you give none, is actually rather funny.

He doesn’t score and he doesn’t assist. He doesn’t seem to be a great influence off the pitch either. I’m ubsure why anyone would want to pay much for him.

billybee99

Yeah, we won't pocket 45 million but on the other hand, many people are going way overboard in their criticism. Of course he's Premier League quality; the guy was starting for England at the last international tournament and has remained a part of the United team for many years, sometimes as a starting player. He's clearly an attractive player for many, many clubs, and if we weren't so bad at selling players at their true market value, I'd put him at 20-30 million.
He is a #10 who doesn't have a Premier League goal or assist for nearly a year and 7 months and is on 100,000 per week. How does that make him "an attractive player for many, many clubs." How many clubs in the bottom half are paying out 100,000 per week? No one is paying these prices for a guy who will give you a good work rate. I wouldn't be surprised if players like Grealish and Zaha are making less than Lingard. A lot of people are throwing around Everton's name - who does he replace in that starting 11? They are not paying 30-40 million and 100,000 per week for a squad player. No way in hell. We will get 15 million for Lingard and Woodward should run to the bank and cash that check before the manager of Lingard's new team actually sees him in practice and learns that his only quality on the practice pitch being is being "bubbly."

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just remember: Liverpool have managed £15 million for Ibe, £20 million for Solanke, at least £20 million for Carroll and £30 million for Benteke. Four dogshit players for £85 million.

I reckon we could get £30-35 million for JLingz.
Not a chance in a million years.

On his wage, we'll have to heavily reduce his price to sell. Maybe 10m, or 15m if we pull a flanker.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Purely speculating here but I reckon Ole has given him a bit of a talk. Be a part of this vital run in, play your heart out for this club one last time and put yourself in the shop window.

Think he'll play a role for us over the next few games.

Based Adnan

Purely speculating here but I reckon Ole has given him a bit of a talk. Be a part of this vital run in, play your heart out for this club one last time and put yourself in the shop window.

Bloody hope not, he's had more than enough chances

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Yep, I think this weekend will be worse because the term has finished.

Anyway Jesse, just looks so low in confidence there was a part in the last game where Rashford just took the ball of him and drove at the opposition.

Hopefully he can get a chance at a new club because his time here at utd looks like it's coming to its end.

10 mil anything more is a bonus.
A Brucie bonus?

Class of 63

Sourness
English tax might be balanced out by covid-19 discount. The (English) clubs likely to be interested in Jlingz can't afford to dish out the usual amounts this window.

There's also his wages to consider. Not many clubs will be keen on matching what he makes at United - so that might be a factor too: covid-19 discount plus a little something knocked off to compensate for his salary - and presto: getting anything close to 45m for him seems very unlikely.
Well yeah, but i'd be surprised if clubs like Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton, Newcastle and newly promoted Leeds are not interested, and if we play them off against each other, and use the press to our advantage we'll get a damn sight more than a few of the wags in here think we will, that's for sure.

Class of 63

Sourness
Well, then laughing at someone who at the very least provides a reference for quoted figure, whilst you give none, is actually rather funny.

He doesn’t score and he doesn’t assist. He doesn’t seem to be a great influence off the pitch either. I’m ubsure why anyone would want to pay much for him.
If you hang on stats you won't think he's worth much, but remember, form is temporary, class is permanent

r0663664

Worships Man City
Only another Premier league will take him e.g. West Ham, Leeds and etc. If Cleverly and Welback is still in the Premier league than Jessie will find a home but at lower wages.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Only another Premier league will take him e.g. West Ham, Leeds and etc. If Cleverly and Welback is still in the Premier league than Jessie will find a home but at lower wages.
He has a far better injury record than Welbeck, if I were Watford I would get rid of Danny and bring Jesse in.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The £37-45M that Class of 63 is saying isn't actually 'that' exaggerated, if it weren't for his wages. Either we're going to have to drop our asking price significantly so that the buying club can pay him similarly (either as a weekly wage or as a one-off signing bonus), or Lingard is going to have to be happy to sign for a low wage for us to get a good price. I guess it depends on how desperate he is to leave for game time, and how desperate we will be to sell him to put that money (both transfer fee and the wage saving) towards other players. We'll probably meet somewhere in the middle and we'll get more than some in here are expecting but obviously lower than a couple of others think.

It's the same issue we're going to have to shift most of the players people want to sell. We pay our squad players far too much, more than what many teams even in the premier league pay their best players.

Doracle

The difference is that Welbeck is a good player when fit. He’d be a very good sub for us currently given his ability on the break and the fact he can play any of the three forward positions. Jesse hasn’t looked like a premiership footballer for two seasons unfortunately.

Also, no one is paying more than £10 million for Lingard. He doesn’t have enough end product or recent form to justify any more than that.

gajender

The £37-45M that Class of 63 is saying isn't actually 'that' exaggerated, if it weren't for his wages. Either we're going to have to drop our asking price significantly so that the buying club can pay him similarly (either as a weekly wage or as a one-off signing bonus), or Lingard is going to have to be happy to sign for a low wage for us to get a good price. I guess it depends on how desperate he is to leave for game time, and how desperate we will be to sell him to put that money (both transfer fee and the wage saving) towards other players. We'll probably meet somewhere in the middle and we'll get more than some in here are expecting but obviously lower than a couple of others think.

It's the same issue we're going to have to shift most of the players people want to sell. We pay our squad players far too much, more than what many teams even in the premier league pay their best players.

It's absolute nonsense that's what it is Lingard has one year on his contract with option of another year which we can activate assuming he is on 100000 a week which is hard to believe , If any team would be foolish enough to rate him as 40m talent with a year on his contract they should not have any problems paying his wages nor Lingard should have any problem taking slight pay cut if it comes to that because of new contract length but the truth is we would be Lucky to get anywhere between 10-15 m at best for him.

LJJT

I do not understand the grief he gets from fans. Jess very good player, he’s not a goal scorer or even an assister but he’s a very good player and just doesn’t suit playing in a dominant team. In games where counter attacking is key he’s one of the most important players. I like him and would prefer him to stay but I think from a playing perspective he would play every week in a foreign team or mid table prem team.

stepic

Just remember: Liverpool have managed £15 million for Ibe, £20 million for Solanke, at least £20 million for Carroll and £30 million for Benteke. Four dogshit players for £85 million.

I reckon we could get £30-35 million for JLingz.
name checks out

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It's absolute nonsense that's what it is Lingard has one year on his contract with option of another year which we can activate assuming he is on 100000 a week which is hard to believe , If any team would be foolish enough to rate him as 40m talent with a year on his contract they should not have any problems paying his wages nor Lingard should have any problem taking slight pay cut if it comes to that because of new contract length but the truth is we would be Lucky to get anywhere between 10-15 m at best for him.
We wouldn't get 40m but if he was on a lower wage I could definitely see 30m. A 27yo England international (borderline first choice/squad player) who has generally been decent at Utd and has two years left on his contract. Has struggled for the last 12-18 months but plenty of teams in the league would fancy him getting over that and being a good player for them. With the amount of money in the league these days it could have been on (although the pandemic obviously might change things).

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

That's a weird pitch... Play your heart out for us so you can market yourself for the next team :lol:

Revan

Assumptionman
The difference is that Welbeck is a good player when fit. He’d be a very good sub for us currently given his ability on the break and the fact he can play any of the three forward positions. Jesse hasn’t looked like a premiership footballer for two seasons unfortunately.

Also, no one is paying more than £10 million for Lingard. He doesn’t have enough end product or recent form to justify any more than that.
Welbeck is never a good player. He is a striker who scores every 5.5 matches , and has pretty mediocre gameplay.

He's not the best player United have but that one goal to win us the FA Cup mean he leaves a bigger footprint in the club's history than most people who've played for the club.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
If you hang on stats you won't think he's worth much, but remember, form is temporary, class is permanent
Which proves Lingard is not class.. His entire career has shown that he can't deliver on a steady basis and that his standard level of play isn't good enough. When he's on form he's a decent player but the problem is and has always been that he's on form for about 4-5 games once every 6-18 months.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
That's a weird pitch... Play your heart out for us so you can market yourself for the next team :lol:
Seems logical to me.

United fan. Grew up in Manchester. Knowing yourself you're heading off.

I think giving your all for the club for one last run in while also working towards the best possible move elsewhere makes sense.

To each their own.