Is Lingard as good as gone? | Contract extended by one year

Ryan Bobson

I think the best thing United should do is buy a big box put Mata , Lingard, Jones and Pereira in it and have like a lottery where other clubs pay 5 million for a ticket and blindly rummage around in the box and pull out a player.
Some club gets Mata for 5 million and some club quadruples its physio bill by pulling out Phil Jones .
You pay your money you take your chance.

Reactions: Penna

ReddevilTinu

There is a fair chance that he may land up in Italian Seria A. There are rumours that both Milan clubs are tracking him. Conte and Ragnick both can revive his England career however with the current Manchester United style he is not suitable. Good squad player but with his antics and personal problems better to move him on

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
There is a fair chance that he may land up in Italian Seria A. There are rumours that both Milan clubs are tracking him. Conte and Ragnick both can revive his England career however with the current Manchester United style he is not suitable. Good squad player but with his antics and personal problems better to move him on
He's not a good squad player any more though, he's just a body. Good luck to him and I hope he can restart his career in a new league or something, but he's done here.

Rossa

Oh well if transfermarkt say so :lol:

And the bold part, what? You obvious don't agree.
Love how you laugh when he provides an actual reference. You have just given a sum and that is better evidence than his reference?

also, if ee get more than 20m for Lingard, then it really is a mad mad world.

Jonno

He needs a fresh start. He’s a decent player, and could be a good squad player for us but sadly he needs a complete clean break. He’d be great at mid-table level.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Love how you laugh when he provides an actual reference. You have just given a sum and that is better evidence than his reference?

also, if ee get more than 20m for Lingard, then it really is a mad mad world.
The only people that know the actual transfer fee are those that actually negotiate it, not some website. I'm not putting it forward as evidence ffs

Well it is a mad world, and we'll get a lot more than £20m if we sell him in England, and slightly less if he goes abroad.

imamuppet

£37m to £45m
There go my weetabix, splash onto the laptop screen

:lol:

Ive defended him in the past but as soon as I saw the direction he had moved into, self promoting his own products, irrespective of if this was all handled by someone else, that he was ill advised, but ultimately is the one to have made the decision.

I am confident that others more knowledgeable than himself would have had a word in his ear, which obviously was not heeded ............

His price as other more "sensible" posters have alluded to is between 12 - 20 mil tops, the range is dependant of how desperate the buying party gets ....

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
There go my weetabix, splash onto the laptop screen

:lol:

Ive defended him in the past but as soon as I saw the direction he had moved into, self promoting his own products, irrespective of if this was all handled by someone else, that he was ill advised, but ultimately is the one to have made the decision.

I am confident that others more knowledgeable than himself would have had a word in his ear, which obviously was not heeded ............

His price as other more "sensible" posters have alluded to is between 12 - 20 mil tops, the range is dependant of how desperate the buying party gets ....
Charming.

davidmichael

Come on Conte, you’ve got the chance to sign another player from us that we’ll happily let leave. With Lingard’s main strength being his work rate and movement off the ball I actually think he’d do really well in Serie A, we’ll take anything from £10 million upwards please Mr Conte.

Irrational.

Just remember: Liverpool have managed £15 million for Ibe, £20 million for Solanke, at least £20 million for Carroll and £30 million for Benteke. Four dogshit players for £85 million.

I reckon we could get £30-35 million for JLingz.

M16Red

Why would I go for a night out when I can have a better night staying in. And then there's the Social Distancing going out the window once everybody has had a few shandy's, no thanks
Yep, I think this weekend will be worse because the term has finished.

Anyway Jesse, just looks so low in confidence there was a part in the last game where Rashford just took the ball of him and drove at the opposition.

Hopefully he can get a chance at a new club because his time here at utd looks like it's coming to its end.

10 mil anything more is a bonus.

TwoSheds

Just remember: Liverpool have managed £15 million for Ibe, £20 million for Solanke, at least £20 million for Carroll and £30 million for Benteke. Four dogshit players for £85 million.

I reckon we could get £30-35 million for JLingz.
Ibe and Solanke were young, and Carroll and Benteke were proven goalscorers who Liverpool presumably conned the buyers into thinking it was just a dip in form.

Lingard is a 27 year old winger who can't stay out wide and can't score goals when he inevitably drifts inwards. We'll be lucky if we get £10m. I'm sure his wage demands aren't nothing.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Not as much English tax on that one though.
English tax might be balanced out by covid-19 discount. The (English) clubs likely to be interested in Jlingz can't afford to dish out the usual amounts this window.

There's also his wages to consider. Not many clubs will be keen on matching what he makes at United - so that might be a factor too: covid-19 discount plus a little something knocked off to compensate for his salary - and presto: getting anything close to 45m for him seems very unlikely.

Tony247

He is in his last year of contract. No one will pay more than 20m for a player not even making bench.

LDUred

I wonder if fame went to his head a little bit and he stopped focusing on his bread and butter. You could see that perhaps with the regular Instagram posts. However, some footballers get caught up with the showbiz side of football and still produce the goods on the pitch. Beckham was a great example of that.

It is a shame because he was becoming an excellent player for us and he comes across as a likable lad who cares about his family. However, football these days is so competitive that if you take your eye of the ball for a second you can become one of the also-rans. Whatever he had while he was producing influential displays for us, it has gone now, even though I don't think his performances are particularly lacking in quality, just in that vital (and often spectacular) end product that made his name.

I really hope Jesse can revitalize his career but I suspect he will stand a better chance of doing that at another club. The last two or three seasons have simply passed him by. I don't understand the kind of antipathy towards him here though; he's always been in shape and been busting a gut. It has just not come off for him.

AFC NimbleThumb

I personally think if we get Sancho we should keep him as 5th/6th option - he looked bright when he came on & played with the first string against Palace whilst offering different qualities to James.

After the potential 3 + Sancho a back up of Lingard, James & Igahlo isn’t bad.

His wages are high but if we can only get pennies in the pound for him we may as well keep him. With his contract nearing an end if he did ok in spots next season offer him more reasonable terms & if he goes elsewhere so be it.

TwoSheds

How did you come to that conclusion?
Have you seen him play in the middle? You've got to score some goals if you want to play AM. He's a decent winger who got bad advice as a young player that he would have more impact centrally, and also possibly was never good enough to play at the top level anyway. When the right wing spot has been up for grabs for years how has he never managed to improve his crossing and try to stick to the touchline more a la Willian?

IRELANDUNITED

I wonder if fame went to his head a little bit and he stopped focusing on his bread and butter. You could see that perhaps with the regular Instagram posts. However, some footballers get caught up with the showbiz side of football and still produce the goods on the pitch. Beckham was a great example of that.

It is a shame because he was becoming an excellent player for us and he comes across as a likable lad who cares about his family. However, football these days is so competitive that if you take your eye of the ball for a second you can become one of the also-rans. Whatever he had while he was producing influential displays for us, it has gone now, even though I don't think his performances are particularly lacking in quality, just in that vital (and often spectacular) end product that made his name.

I really hope Jesse can revitalize his career but I suspect he will stand a better chance of doing that at another club. The last two or three seasons have simply passed him by. I don't understand the kind of antipathy towards him here though; he's always been in shape and been busting a gut. It has just not come off for him.

No he hasn't.

Devil81

The lack of ability in Daniel James has given him a lifeline.

If James was an effective option off the bench then I highly doubt we'd see Lingard again this season.

RazorOz

I personally think if we get Sancho we should keep him as 5th/6th option - he looked bright when he came on & played with the first string against Palace whilst offering different qualities to James.

After the potential 3 + Sancho a back up of Lingard, James & Igahlo isn’t bad.

His wages are high but if we can only get pennies in the pound for him we may as well keep him. With his contract nearing an end if he did ok in spots next season offer him more reasonable terms & if he goes elsewhere so be it.
I imagine part of getting Sancho though is linked to trimming the wage bill, the fee will obviously be big in a difficult climate, but there's talk of us wanting to offload 5 players, so you could trim lots off the wage bill from players who if we're honest don't really add anything to the squad.

Lingard might even want to move on anyway, his minutes are already getting more and more limited, he hasn't even been making the bench in some games, and we're talking about him moving further down the pecking order if Sancho comes in.

Tony247

Lingard might even want to move on anyway, his minutes are already getting more and more limited, he hasn't even been making the bench in some games, and we're talking about him moving further down the pecking order if Sancho comes in.
If I was lingard then I will see out my contract and pocket those 100k/week for full year, then after more clubs would be interested if I am a free agent.

Jev

Yeah, we won't pocket 45 million but on the other hand, many people are going way overboard in their criticism. Of course he's Premier League quality; the guy was starting for England at the last international tournament and has remained a part of the United team for many years, sometimes as a starting player. He's clearly an attractive player for many, many clubs, and if we weren't so bad at selling players at their true market value, I'd put him at 20-30 million.

JG3001

I'm somewhat gobsmacked there's still fans out there who defend him. Nostalgia and hyping up of academy graduates has held this club back for 7 years now. Overpaid, under-delivered. He needs shipping out ASAP. It really is as simple as that.

Paul_Scholes18

Moyes is going to turn him into a golden boot winner. Best add bonuses to us if that is the case.