Is Lingard as good as gone? | Contract extended by one year

lysglimt

Scout
I always find it a bit funny that People here thought Ole was a yes-man and too Nice. We are talking about a guy who spent years playing With and being respected by Roy Keane. If you play 7-8 Seasons with Keane, you can be ruthless.

H10

Huseyin 10
Is there any reason for his absence completely? Like an injury or whatever? if not then seems he will be moved on for sure.

Havak

Pokemon master
I'm pretty sure we're looking to sell him in the next window. He can't even get in a 20-man match day squad at the moment and I get the feeling that if one of the current first 20 were ruled out, it would be Dalot or Tuanzebe in next if fit before Lingard. Maybe even Chong too.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Hope so. He’s become symbolic of the mismanagement at the club

Chairman Steve

Yes I think so. The stats for this season speak themselves. An attacking midfielder who has goals and assists which you can fit on one hand and has played almost 40 games? I think any team all the way down to Sunday League would be disappointed in those figures.

Unless there’s some really good reason to excuse him from it that we don’t know about.

Hes got to be on his way out but we have to be careful with how we handle it, he looks to be best friends with Rashford, Pogba and who knows who else. We dont want him unsettling things.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I would be shocked if he’s here next season. Think West Ham is the type of club for him and I hope he does well there

freeurmind

weak willed
I'm hoping Jesse has a resurgence and figures things out. But on current form, he should be nowhere near the playing 11.

Sing you a song

I'm hoping Jesse has a resurgence and figures things out. But on current form, he should be nowhere near the playing 11.
he’s been here a long time and it’s a shame to see him drop off like this . On his day a decent squad member but when we were struggling it was because we had no option but to have him and Pereira starting games and they were completely out of there depth I hope he gets a good move and gets his form back would love to see him in an England shirt again but can never see him being a regular starter here .
Let’s hope he and Pereira get a move

Irrational.

What is this mysterious 'disappearance’ from the match day squad ' that's (thankfully ) ruled him out of the last 4 PL match day squads ? There's been very little information released regarding it - and usually long term disappearing acts need some form of transfer.

Personally I don't think it exists and it's purely a stalling tactic so we can make him leave. The whole situation shares a lot of similarities with the Cleverley exit. It's clear we don’t want him to be here, his agent is always mouthing off and I dont think we should have ever given him a new contract

I think he's a goner come the summer.
:lol:

Thought this sounded familiar. Fair play OP.

Judas

Open to offers
Seems very obvious he's done, just depends if someone actually comes in and buys him. Replace Andreas with someone and things are looking much more healthy.

Davs

Definitely as good as gone. Title to this thread perfectly explains his position our squad, the same I think applies to Phil Jones.

Those rumours this last week of Moyes wanting them both at West Ham hopefully are true and can free up some space and budget for us to spend elsewhere in the window.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Later years he seemd to care more about his "brands". Lingard that is. Jones i feel more sorry for. He had his career ruined by injury, and that is always sad. Would probably be as good as SAF said he would if not for injuries.
Jesse is a man that cares deeply about his Manchester United career. We know that becaue he's revealed a lot about his family history and how he got to where he is and his emotional process during the way.
We know that he's had family struggles this season that's affected him in a negative way and he finally manned up and told the manager what was the probable reason for his lack of form. To be fair that probably took a lot of courage to admit to someone that your house is hurting. Lingard is taking care of both his siblings and his own child since his mother is very sick. His grandfather has prostate cancer and the two are very close (ref: the Players Tribune).

I think Jesse has played his part here and should find a new club, but there is not a mean bone in his body so why don't the ones who can't seem to be able to, look yourself in the mirror and reflect on what gives you the right to berate someone for simply being a out of form football player?

It's more than fair to criticize the on pitch performance, but I've seen some posts in the other threads on here that I don't wan to be remotely assosicated with.

To put some nuance to this whole "Only cares about his brand" bullshit I'm seeing some of you post:

Here is a handful of young men from Manchester United visiting a lifelong Manchester United fan who passed away from cancer 45 minutes after meeting players from his favorite team back in 2016. - https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-wish-45-minutes-before-he-died-a7308676.html - It was Jesse Lingard that took initiative to do this after his cousin told him about it. It takes more than a bit of a character to visit a dying man you don't know on his deathbed.

So you know, we can all choose to remind ourselves that Jesse is actually a great young man that's having some real hurt in his life these days. Or we can go "bUt JLinzSs" like we are dumber than grass that thinks people only have two things going on in their lives.

Passitlikescholes

I won't be celebrating until it's 100% confirmed he's gone.

If by some sheer large piece of luck he manages to sign for another premier league club, i predict he'll last 20 games before he's demoted to that sides reserves and then he'll be on his way out to championship side.

SirAnderson

"I just want to say, that I haven't been getting enough playing time and I think I need to consider my future and to look for a new club."

A. Calm
B. Assertive
C. Passionate
D. Aggressive

1. I don't see you as part of my long term plans for the team and we will look to sell you as soon as an any acceptable offer is on the table.

2. You will get some cup games here and there, but we are just in great form and I can disrupt that right now, you will just have to wait for a chance and do well.

3. The team is doing so well but your still part of my long term plans, maybe we can put you out on loan so you can get playing time.

4. Feck off, good riddance. :)

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Jesse is a man that cares deeply about his Manchester United career. We know that becaue he's revealed a lot about his family history and how he got to where he is and his emotional process during the way.
We know that he's had family struggles this season that's affected him in a negative way and he finally manned up and told the manager what was the probable reason for his lack of form. To be fair that probably took a lot of courage to admit to someone that your house is hurting. Lingard is taking care of both his siblings and his own child since his mother is very sick. His grandfather has prostate cancer and the two are very close (ref: the Players Tribune).

I think Jesse has played his part here and should find a new club, but there is not a mean bone in his body so why don't the ones who can't seem to be able to, look yourself in the mirror and reflect on what gives you the right to berate someone for simply being a out of form football player?

It's more than fair to criticize the on pitch performance, but I've seen some posts in the other threads on here that I don't wan to be remotely assosicated with.

To put some nuance to this whole "Only cares about his brand" bullshit I'm seeing some of you post:

Here is a handful of young men from Manchester United visiting a lifelong Manchester United fan who passed away from cancer 45 minutes after meeting players from his favorite team back in 2016. - https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-wish-45-minutes-before-he-died-a7308676.html - It was Jesse Lingard that took initiative to do this after his cousin told him about it. It takes more than a bit of a character to visit a dying man you don't know on his deathbed.

So you know, we can all choose to remind ourselves that Jesse is actually a great young man that's having some real hurt in his life these days. Or we can go "bUt JLinzSs" like we are dumber than grass that thinks people only have two things going on in their lives.
Very well put sir.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
There was no need to create a brand. Just focus on your football. Other people have brands but you know the difference? They were good players. Lingard after hitting great form, fell for the hype and now he's not going to get back in. Everyone has personal tragedy. Everyone. But if you play and you know your mind/heart isn't there you pull out. It sounds hard but we're not living in Jesses world and I actually grew up watching him in the youth sides. It's a shame but you don't have to look far in life to see tragedy and not everyone has the money to support them.

Mercurial

Cold shoulder treatment telling him he’s not wanted, to ensure he doesn’t stink the place out by staying because of his contract.

Ole really is an assassin, but does so with a smile.
simply frozen out, just like Jones. Make no mistake, Ole has demonstrated quite a bit of ruthlessness when it comes to forcing out the deadwood and I absolutely love it.
Ole doesn't mess around! He is driven!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Excellent post, he needs to find a new club as United have no room for players not at the races anymore, but let’s not get into name calling. By all accounts he a nice lad. Thank him for the FA cup final winner (not a terrible legacy to leave behind), and move on.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
The fact he's nowhere to be seen when we can make 5 subs should be the writing on the wall.
He did look good for us and England at one point, but the past 18 months have been poor. I think it's in his own interests to find a new club and try to refresh his career.

dalriada

Well said, some of the comments about Lingard in the Caf are throwaway, unnecessary and occasionally abusive. His time is up, and he's not even making the bench because there are other players Ole would rather use. He is almost certainly on his way out of the club, maybe very soon, and he should find a club in the EPL. Good luck to him, and I hope he finds a fresh start and recovers his form, which has rarely been outstanding but isn't the "Sunday league" level some people accuse him of. I don't think he's very bright or mature, but I wouldn't accuse him of not caring about the club, he has been part of it from a young age and I think he desperately wanted to succeed here. As for his personal and family problems, I would agree with all the above and at a human level he deserves our support in that respect.

I have no doubt, though, that Ole has had his number for some time at a professional level and he's joined Phil Jones as player of last resort, hence he's not even been in the squad recently. Depending on what's happening, if anything, with other clubs, I think he may make it into the squad when the fixtures pile up, which will be soon and the LASK match will be favourite.

Okey

I like Lingard cos he's one of us. Been here since he was a kid. As much a fan as any of us on this forum. Thankfully, he's also given us good moments on the pitch. But sadly he's done now, at least at our level. I'll always wish him well. I hope we somehow get a good offer for him. Especially with CL football coming, him, Mata and Perreira really should be sold for 2 new, better midfielders. That'll give us 7 which is a good first team midfield squad. I wish he went on to become a great with us, but sadly doesn't quite have it in him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't think he's being frozen out.
He is simply not as good as the players getting minutes (XI or bench).

RedPhil1957

Thanks for posting this, its a great shame we have so many on here taking part in the vitriolic posting typical of the internet.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Less than a year left on the contract? Yeah he's gone

Don't understand the animosity. Still struggling with the stupid theory that his brand disrupted his form.

Wish him the best, never had an issue with him personally. Maybe he'll get a new lease of life at a Everton or Southampton or in the Bundesliga?