Is Mourinho Trying To Get Himself Fired?

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Does he not get compensated/pay-off if the club mathematically fail to get top 4?

MDFC Manager

Does he not get compensated/pay-off if the club mathematically fail to get top 4?
Yes, by the looks of how things went with Moyesy and LvG.

Unfortunately, that's what's going to hurt us in this case.

red thru&thru

That’s correct. However, it will cost us more surely by not making the top 4.

I’m sure someone will correct me for the following but would it not make more sense to sack him now, pay his compensation package and gamble on getting the top 4?

One thing is guaranteed, we’re NOT getting top 4 with Jose here.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Yes, by the looks of how things went with Moyesy and LvG.

Unfortunately, that's what's going to hurt us in this case.
That’s correct. However, it will cost us more surely by not making the top 4.

I’m sure someone will correct me for the following but would it not make more sense to sack him now, pay his compensation package and gamble on getting the top 4?

One thing is guaranteed, we’re NOT getting top 4 with Jose here.
Thanks for that.

What’s the approximate difference will he be compensated if we don’t achieve top 4? or if he’s sacked tonight example.

CM

I don't know if he's actively trying to get himself sacked but he's certainly trying to make a point at the expense of the team.

There was no reason for McTominay and Matic in defence yesterday and pretty much every sensible person could see that was a remedy for disaster, yet he refused to change it at any point. The game yesterday was crying out for someone like Fred or Mata and he didn't once consider sacrificing McTominay to give us an actual edge in midfield. The options are incompetence or barefaced stubbornness, neither of which are good.

jmaggio

He said after the game yesterday that we need to be playing “One , two touch” passing when he did not start players like Fred, Perreira who are suited to this. Matic is a passenger and Mctominay is out of this depth. The man is a hypocrite.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
I don’t know whether he's actively trying to be sacked or that he just has a massive self destruct button that he can't stop himself pushing every 2 or 3 years.
Nothing would surprise me when it comes to Mourinho.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
He's exhausting and confusing to me. Imagine working with him.

manunited1919

It is hilarious when people are wrong, but rather then accepting and admitting they end up with far fetched explanations like this.

More than 80 percent in here supported hiring Mourinho. In my opininon a reflection of outcome bias and an indication of how little football english football supporters understands. An the english football supporters appears to be the most clueless.
Since we all know nothing, why don’t you enlighten us instead of laughing at us being wrong?

manichester

Jose has had his opportunity to change and create something at the greatest club in the world, he like his tactics and man management are past it.

The management above Jose is outdated and needs to be replaced now.

OldSchoolManc

Just as there is constructive dismissal, could the reverse of it be said by the club?
I don’t think he could rationally explain various team selections that he’s made.

Ekeke

Today’s game against Southampton was one of those times that almost looks like self-sabotage. I mean, playing 5 at the back against an out of form Southampton? And to do so with McTominay & Matic as 2 of the centerbacks? Fellaini & Herrera instead of Fred and/or Pereira?

Is Mourinho
a) stubbornly defensive
b) incompetent
or
c) trying to get fired?

I rate Mourinho as one of the best coaches in the world, but for some reason, he is not producing the trophies we expected. If I were Ed, I would re-read Jose’s contract and compensation arrangements to see what’s happening.
When we go to 3 at the back its because Mourinho doesn't believe we have 2 CBs who are strong enough for the occasion. He thought McTominay and Matic in the 3 CB system would be stronger than Jones + McTominay or Jones + Matic. Having that extra body to cover.

reddaz71

Wanted Mourinho in 2013 and he would have been a good fit at that time straight after Ferguson with the likes of Van Persie,Vidic,Evra,Carrick etc but now he is the right man at the wrong time,its an absolute mess from top to bottom,is he trying to get himself sacked? it wouldnt be a surprise given the scale of the job at hand with a board not on the same page,his family in London and being holed up in a hotel etc etc.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Jose has had his opportunity to change and create something at the greatest club in the world, he like his tactics and man management are past it.

The management above Jose is outdated and needs to be replaced now.
Yup.

red thru&thru

Thanks for that.

What’s the approximate difference will he be compensated if we don’t achieve top 4? or if he’s sacked tonight example.
These are no concrete numbers but from what you hear...

£14m compensation to Jose.
I think Adidas pay us about 25% - 30% less if we don’t make CL. So that’s about £20m or so. Toppled with less tv revenue, we could be talking circa of £40m - £50m.
Then the less fees we get depending on the position we finish in the league.

Like I say, these aren’t concrete numbers but it kind of paints a picture.

red thru&thru

Wanted Mourinho in 2013 and he would have been a good fit at that time straight after Ferguson with the likes of Van Persie,Vidic,Evra,Carrick etc but now he is the right man at the wrong time,its an absolute mess from top to bottom,is he trying to get himself sacked? it wouldnt be a surprise given the scale of the job at hand with a board not on the same page,his family in London and being holed up in a hotel etc etc.
And he talks about commitment and desire...he’s been living out of a suitcase for how long? That’s lack of commitment and desire shown right there.

It's daft to suggest he wants to get sacked.

I'm sure he's desperate to turn it around and prove people wrong. He wouldn't be so pissed off and moody if he didn't care

I thought he'd win the league for United and if City hadn't got Pep then jose and United would arguably have won it last year

Unfortunately the players have abondobed him and he also needs to take blame for the negative atmosphere he created this season.

Overall he should be sacked but anyone thinking jose is happy with that outcome doesn't get that professional pride and will to win is what motivates multi-millionaires to stay in the game.

manunited1919

When we go to 3 at the back its because Mourinho doesn't believe we have 2 CBs who are strong enough for the occasion. He thought McTominay and Matic in the 3 CB system would be stronger than Jones + McTominay or Jones + Matic. Having that extra body to cover.
Yes, but he had Rojo on the bench, surely playing Jones + Rojo is better than playing 3 at the back with 2 midfielders, specially given that McTominay is very inexperienced.

Ekeke

Yes, but he had Rojo on the bench, surely playing Jones + Rojo is better than playing 3 at the back with 2 midfielders, specially given that McTominay is very inexperienced.
Rojo had 1 day of training and is constantly out injured. If we didnt even bring him off the bench even when we were 2 down clearly he was just a body to fill the subs bench and had no chance of playing

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Why did he get a contract extension anyway?
I think the board panicked over the Mourinho to PSG rumours.

Mourinho played a blinder in that regard. The board fell for it all hook line and sinker.

Paul_Scholes18

If he is I wish he'd try harder.
He is just terrible at creating good chances to terminate the contract. He is keeping his defensive lines shut with all his brain power and just waiting for Ed or Glaziers to make a mistake for him to score and end on his terms.

AndyJ1985

Either he's trying to get himself sacked or he's suddenly become one of the worst managers in England. I know which one I'd put my money on.

That's fine, if he wants to be sacked and he's going to behave like an insufferable twat no problem. He can do as he pleases. What is unforgivable however, is our board not doing a damned thing about it. They are sitting back and allowing him to ruin us. That's very concerning for our future

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Yesterday was the first time I thought he might be. The top 4 is gone, he’ll have to leave then anyway, likely after triggering a reduced payout at the same time. Why not try and get an extra 6 months off and more money?

SolidSnake007

Good.. atleast The Fraud doesn't pocket a cool £2M or whatever.. he don't deserve it. It is probably too late to salvage top 4 aspirations now anyway so atleast Mourinho won't get the payoff he wants and will be sacked a Total Failure and damage his reputation beyond repair sacked by RM/Chelsea and now us.

Embarrassing for the bloke that he won't quit for the good of the club.. he's getting sacked and no payoff at end of season anyway.

Paul_Scholes18

That’s the thing. Just doesn’t make sense. Nothing does at the moment.
He has just totally lost it I think. Don't think he want to fail, but he wants to win in a way for his own ego. Thinking more about himself than the team right now and that has probably turned most of players against him.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If He was fit enough for the bench, then Rojo was fit enough to play at least the first 60 minutes yesterday.

Are you also telling me that we don’t have one fecking centre back in the youth ranks that could have played yesterday?

Just because Matic and McTominay are tall and strong doesn’t make them viable options at CB.

Mourinho could have played Dalot and Young at full back from the start and had Shaw as the left sided centre back in a back three. Not ideal, but surely better than having two midfielders in there.

0le

If He was fit enough for the bench, then Rojo was fit enough to play at least the first 60 minutes yesterday.

Are you also telling me that we don’t have one fecking centre back in the youth ranks that could have played yesterday?

Just because Matic and McTominay are tall and strong doesn’t make them viable options at CB.

Mourinho could have played Dalot and Young at full back from the start and had Shaw as the left sided centre back in a back three. Not ideal, but surely better than having two midfielders in there.
He could have played Matic in defence, with an energetic midfield of Herrera, Fred, Pereira and Pogba, to compensate, in a diamond formation. Young and Shaw on the flanks. Martial and Rashford up top.

midou

He said after the game yesterday that we need to be playing “One , two touch” passing when he did not start players like Fred, Perreira who are suited to this. Matic is a passenger and Mctominay is out of this depth. The man is a hypocrite.
Absolutely!

He plays the most technically inept players in the squad and then comes out with this garbage. I agree with the posters who say this is a stand-off between him and Ed. It appears the players are in open war with him now as well.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He's making me sick now. Constant crap selections and shitty tactics. Ed needs to sack him now and then get lost himself.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He isn't trying to get himself fired. He just can't help himself.