Is Mourinho Trying To Get Himself Fired?

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
He's most certainly trying to get his massive pay off before heading off to the sunset. He's only ever cared about himself and that is why no one likes him. If a club doesn't bow to his every outrageous and unrealistic demands then he downs tools like a spoiled child and makes all kinds of crazy team selections to get back at the board.

The bottle rack dumping thing against Young Boys was an attempt to make it look like ge still cares.
First class post.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
I met someone the other day who was a friend of Keiran McKenna. Said that McKenna was shocked at how little tactical preparation was going into matches and also how Mourinho did nothing to integrate McKenna into the 1st team squad (Carrick has been trying).

Don't know how true it is, but was interesting.

I met someone the other day who was a friend of Keiran McKenna. Said that McKenna was shocked at how little tactical preparation was going into matches and also how Mourinho did nothing to integrate McKenna into the 1st team squad (Carrick has been trying).

Don't know how true it is, but was interesting.
:rolleyes:

Trophy Room

In ANY other top club (sack it any other club for tht matter) he wouldve been fired by now. Woodward is taking the piss trying to save his 15 million. Even Mourinho is doing his best to get him to see the light:lol:

In ANY other top club (sack it any other club for tht matter) he wouldve been fired by now. Woodward is taking the piss trying to save his 15 million. Even Mourinho is doing his best to get him to see the light:lol:
It's the clubs.

Look like it or lump it Jose will be dealt the same hand as Moyes and LVG. When its mathematically impossible to qualify for next years CL then Jose,and his backroom staff,will be given their marching orders.Its just how its going to go.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I don't want to say too much for obvious reasons, but I am very confident about that part of the story.
I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't true. McKenna's face sat on that bench during the Southampton game was a picture.. looked pretty pissed off.

PaulScholes99

I think the Spurs game where he played Herrera as a CB when we had other fit CB's was another case where Mourinho appeared to be making a statement rather than focusing on the result.
In my opinion the 3 at the back with Herrera as CB was the last classic "Mourinho big game move". I don't think that it was a fault or cost us the game, it worked perfect. Thought this was the reason we avoided their pressing the whole first half.

Still some of the best 45 mins i have seen from us in the last ~6 months. Of course, games like Liverpool 2:1, City away second half, Tottenham Fa-Cup or Chelsea second half have been better, but also this 45 mins against Tottenham have been decent.

mu4c_20le

He has no relationship with McKenna. Promoting him to 1st team was purely a PR move to please the board and/or fans when they called for identity. Since he has no plans to blood any of the youngsters he should just release him back to the academy and let him continue his good work.

Sir Scott McToMinay

I don’t think be does, or maybe he is.

But, someone as egomaniacal as a him, surely cares about his reputation and post-management status in the game.
He was well heading to be in a top 10 all time managers 8 or so years ago, now, after he’s been fired from 2 jobs, completely lost the dressing room in 2 other jobs and is well heading for his third sacking, he would struggle making the top 20.
If he leaves us at midtable if not worse before he is sacked he could well be heading to completely tarnishing his past achievements in the game.

But who knows?

I don't want to say too much for obvious reasons, but I am very confident about that part of the story.
I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't true. McKenna's face sat on that bench during the Southampton game was a picture.. looked pretty pissed off.
Maybe he's,along with Jose and Carrick,pissed off with the general performance ?
Maybe the team aren't doing what has been instructed of them throughout the course of the week in training?
I've seen McKenna,Carrick and Jose communicate throughout the course of the game (and even celebrate) and its quite clearly that they are informed of eachother ideas.
I think one of the biggest influences for our poor campaign is Rui Faria leaving.Dull we may have been but we were defensively resolute and the players knew where they were with him.

I want Jose gone as much as anyone yet I still try to remain balanced.I think people here lack that. Unfortunately.

Red00012

It’s a bit like Roy Keane falling out with Arter and Walters with Ireland , the longer he stays the more likely he’ll never get a job again.

Alabaster Codify7

Yes.
He knew last season he cant properly compete anymore.
Its now meltdown sabotage until hes fired

Only partially on him as this squad is Midtable at best. But he was funded heavily to change that. He failed.

buchansleftleg

Maybe Jose is mentally unstable. The club should try book him a session with a psychiatrist to check if all fuses are in place. A normal man shouldn't be making the decisions he is making.
I honestly think this is the case, and it makes sense to me that he is doing all this to prove a point.

He was shattered by Madrid not backing him and if he thinks they are open to him returning then that will be massively feeding his Narcissistic streak.

The whole Lopeti-guy situation at Real prior to the world cup seemed very strange to me....I wonder if Mourinho was contacted by Perez first and was mulling it over, either genuinely or to exert pressure on Woody for more spending.

His behaviour this season has been off the chart weird and is becoming dangerous to himself and others.

In some ways I suppose part of me wants this to be some complex conspiracy as that would be a rational explanation.

However I have also had lots of experience dealing with people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder and how loved ones will try and find rational explanations for the extremely selfish acts of the Narcissist in their life.

He's after the money...but it won't fill the hole in his heart.

What a sad story!

Jazz

I honestly think this is the case, and it makes sense to me that he is doing all this to prove a point.

He was shattered by Madrid not backing him and if he thinks they are open to him returning then that will be massively feeding his Narcissistic streak.

The whole Lopeti-guy situation at Real prior to the world cup seemed very strange to me....I wonder if Mourinho was contacted by Perez first and was mulling it over, either genuinely or to exert pressure on Woody for more spending.

His behaviour this season has been off the chart weird and is becoming dangerous to himself and others.

In some ways I suppose part of me wants this to be some complex conspiracy as that would be a rational explanation.

However I have also had lots of experience dealing with people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder and how loved ones will try and find rational explanations for the extremely selfish acts of the Narcissist in their life.

He's after the money...but it won't fill the hole in his heart.

What a sad story!
I think it's just this. Been saying it but then people call you armchair psychologists etc. If you look up the symptoms, he has nearly all of them.
The problem is, they are extremely destructive personalities, and that's really scary for the club.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
That’s correct. However, it will cost us more surely by not making the top 4.

I’m sure someone will correct me for the following but would it not make more sense to sack him now, pay his compensation package and gamble on getting the top 4?

One thing is guaranteed, we’re NOT getting top 4 with Jose here.
We're not getting top 4 without title winning form from this point onwards. That will not happen with a new manager and this current squad.

buchansleftleg

I think it's just this. Been saying it but then people call you armchair psychologists etc. If you look up the symptoms, he has nearly all of them.
The problem is, they are extremely destructive personalities, and that's really scary for the club.
Yes - in fact the only real contra indicator is that he has actually achieved genuine success in the past, whereas most with NPD just talk a good game.

I think he should be put on garden leave...get him out of the club on a practical basis so he can't do any further damage.

The club can then offer a choice. He either gets referred to an occupational health provider for a series of Mental Health Assessments and treatment over the next 6 months, or he agrees a reduced payout now.

Either way he shouldn't be allowed on the sidelines again for this club.

Jazz

Yes - in fact the only real contra indicator is that he has actually achieved genuine success in the past, whereas most with NPD just talk a good game.

I think he should be put on garden leave...get him out of the club on a practical basis so he can't do any further damage.

The club can then offer a choice. He either gets referred to an occupational health provider for a series of Mental Health Assessments and treatment over the next 6 months, or he agrees a reduced payout now.

Good suggestions. Wish to God someone at the club could recommend this.

As for him personally, I expect he will have serious problems when he's no longer in contention for the big jobs. Don't think he'll be able to live that down. I would normally be sympathetic, but I can't. It's very hard to be solicitous to a narcissist on account of their destructive and manipulative ways.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I keep thinking that the title is: 'Is Mourinho Trying To Get Himself Fried?'

Well, that's my in-depth footballing insight of the day.

Jazz

I keep thinking that the title is: 'Is Mourinho Trying To Get Himself Fried?'

Well, that's my in-depth footballing insight of the day.
Well his brain's already fried....

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
:lol:
He's burnt his bridges too.

buchansleftleg

Good suggestions. Wish to God someone at the club could recommend this.

As for him personally, I expect he will have serious problems when he's no longer in contention for the big jobs. Don't think he'll be able to live that down. I would normally be sympathetic, but I can't. It's very hard to be solicitous to a narcissist on account of their destructive and manipulative ways.
It can be difficult to be sympathetic as the reaction from a Narcissist to being cut out of your life is to bad mouth you etc in the hope you will come running back to you.(Hola Madrid?)

So you don't have sympathy with the current person, just the little boy or girl trapped inside the mind of the adult that was never good enough for a particular distant parent, or was feted as a special one by an overbearing and suffocating parent.

It's so sad they can't grow up and have real normal relationships rather than just maintain a necessary facade to feed their tendencies.

Jazz

:lol:
He's burnt his bridges too.
:D

Just wish he'd take his fried ass elsewhere. The man is more depressing than anything. I can take a rough time and shit results, but I cannot deal with the negativity and blame shifting that comes out of his mouth. He just makes everything worse. No wonder the lads play the way they do. Imagine having to see and listen to him everyday? Yikes!

Jazz

It can be difficult to be sympathetic as the reaction from a Narcissist to being cut out of your life is to bad mouth you etc in the hope you will come running back to you.(Hola Madrid?)

So you don't have sympathy with the current person, just the little boy or girl trapped inside the mind of the adult that was never good enough for a particular distant parent, or was feted as a special one by an overbearing and suffocating parent.

It's so sad they can't grow up and have real normal relationships rather than just maintain a necessary facade to feed their tendencies.
Unfortunately he would have to recognise he has a problem, and even then, I've read it's quite a difficult thing to overcome.

I just wish we weren't in the middle of all this. I find narcissists extremely dangerous because of their destructive tendencies. Can't wait for him to go.
I will try to be a good Christian and hope he gets some help. Best I can do, but I can't wait for him to take his toxicity out of our club.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We're not getting top 4 without title winning form from this point onwards. That will not happen with a new manager and this current squad.
Well we aren’t getting it with him either.

Let’s cut our losses and start the recovery this season, so we can start a fresh next summer.

If we wait until may the damage could be even worse. Who knows what could happen in January if he’s still here.

davidmichael

It’s like Jose and Ed are playing a game of ‘you blink first’ with each other and the only loser whilst they’re playing is the club as we’re going further and further backwards and the job for whoever comes in next only gets bigger.

red thru&thru

For me, there’s nothing to say we couldn’t achieve top 4 with a different manager. I genuinely believe we have the squad to achieve this.

Paul_Scholes18

What I don’t understand was this was his dream job - the job he coveted all his life? He’s certainly doing his best to blow it big time - but why?
He can't stand that he has lost it. He has just lost faith in himself and being able to turn it around. Jose is just a terrible loser and not really one that turn things around. We have seen the same patterns in Real and Chelsea too.

Treble

His stint here has been a big psychological blow for him. He did probably think that he could beat Guardiola because, say, Guardiola didn't know English football as well as him and because City's squad in 2016 was nowhere near the level of Barca 09-11 and Bayern 13-16. Yet Guardilola has basically humilated him. On top of that, Klopp is doing better too. His image as a winner has been tarnished to a significant extent. It's understandable that he looks for excuses to save face. But he's doing iit n a manner that undermines the club and his own image too.

Bestie07

Napoli hired Ancelotti without firing Sarri. Can we do the same with Jose? Put him on gardening leave or something, put Carrick/McKenna in charge till the end of the season and if Jose wants to save his career then he agrees to a reduced compensation.

I am suggesting this because at this point I genuinely feel that he is sabotaging us on purpose and I don't want to see him get rewarded for it.

BlueHaze

Should this even be a question? Of course he is trying to get fired ffs we all know he will be gone by may anyway so he is trying his absolute hardest to hasten the process and get his payout. You think a manager who is serious about his job would put McTominay Herrera and Matic as centre backs on multiple occasions? The whole situation is quite frankly a disgrace and it has changed the way of how I used to think about us as a club.

BigRon1985

He can't stand that he has lost it. He has just lost faith in himself and being able to turn it around. Jose is just a terrible loser and not really one that turn things around. We have seen the same patterns in Real and Chelsea too.
Exactly! It’s almost as if he’s a spoilt little child who is bored with what was once his favourite toy and now he wants to break it and throw it away.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
For me, there’s nothing to say we couldn’t achieve top 4 with a different manager. I genuinely believe we have the squad to achieve this.
A lot of things would have to go our way. Also, 2 of our competitors would have to massively lose form.

It's not impossible. The odds are against us though.

red thru&thru

A lot of things would have to go our way. Also, 2 of our competitors would have to massively lose form.

It's not impossible. The odds are against us though.
Agree. However, I think the bigger picture would be to gain some momentum for the following year. It would be easier assess the playing staff. At the moment, you’d get rid of most of our players. But like I say, I don’t think our squad is as bad as it looks at the moment.

Number4.

He is half a couple who can no longer stand each other, but can't afford a lawyer to get a divorce. Making life more and more painful each day til the other one moves out.

Ibrahimorich

That would genuinely be hilarious. I can't imagine Mourinho would go for it though. He'd certainly be straight to the press about it!

iKeano

Exactly - save £15m, but let £50m Fred rot on the bench... bizarre.

Sacking him now is what a football club would do.
Waiting for minimal financial impliactions are what a business would do.

Man Utd Finance Corporation.
Not my MUFC.