Is this the worst it's been?

Jev

Weird bump. We're losing against the best side in the world and did okay in the first half. We've been playing pretty well recently, just unlucky and wasteful in front of goal. It's dire but has been plenty worse.

TheLord

I think this is the worst, particularly that every single player and coaching staff member looks like a complete dross.

The top-four is gone, the Champions League will be gone soon, all domestic Cups are gone. And this sorry state won’t change with just one good manager or a few good players in the summer.

This is probably the most deflated state of the Club in a long, long time.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
It's only going to get worse.

Soon atletico will KO out of the CL. We'll finish in a conference League place.

Telsim

Nothing will ever change as long as the Glazers are in charge of this club.We are finished as long as they remain owners. They will bomb the manager appointment and the next transfer window. The sheer incompetence in this club from top to bottom is absolutely staggering and this fact will not change. This entire squad needs clearing bar Sancho and Elanga. Everyone else needs to be sent packing. But no, watch all the dross get handed brand new high-end contracts. It's pitiful.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think it’s the worst because the fan attachment for the players is at an all time low. There is hardly anyone in this squad I genuinely care about now

hobbers

We reap what we sow for investing in clueless clowns and mediocrity for years.

This is what happens when you reward incompetence and lack of a ability and desire with and endless slew of new contracts.

ShinjiNinja26

I checked out a while back. Yet another season written off, things aren’t going to change until we get rid of these fecking leeches at the top and unfortunately that isn’t happening any time soon.

Hester_manc

Last summer many people talked about that United this season could compete for the PL-titel. Seen in that light this has been the worst season so far.

Dan_F

People laughed at me for suggesting Boro was worse than Liverpool at home, but it’s just a continuation of what we’ve seen all season, except we came up against the most clinical team in the league for the 5-0.

The club is in massive trouble.

LARulz

Every scout at this club needs sacking tomorrow morning!
On paper some of our signings are very good but we have no idea how to use them. A lot of our wastes with a Klopp or Guardiola would be 10 times the players

It's our coaching (previously) and people above who waste so much money as they cannot negotiate that need to look at themselves

mu4c_20le

People laughed at me for suggesting Boro was worse than Liverpool at home, but it’s just a continuation of what we’ve seen all season, except we came up against the most clinical team in the league for the 5-0.

The club is in massive trouble.
Giving the reins to a sporting director from some russian club was always going to be a gamble.

Abraxas

It's bad. Manchester United dont have an interim manager for 6 months if the situation is good. We're not Watford, we should always be working to a plan not hoping for new manager miracles. The fact we are and the fact we are relying on a man to come in and extract something from a group of players that have never done anything tells the story.

Would we be any healthier if Ralf had picked up a couple of extra results? Not at all, the problems we have are fairly deep. The recruitment, the culture, the play on the pitch have all been drifting for years so it's not about Ralfs tenure. It's how we arrived at needing to resort to Ralfs tenure that has to be addressed.

Metal

Its the worst because we are stuck with average players on huge contracts who haven't won any trophies. We overhype academy players and prematurely reward them with big contracts and make them undroppable.

I'm talking about players like Rashford, Lingard, Mctominay. These players should have been sold years ago but the fans are complicit in enabling this living in the past romanticism fantasy land where every young player that comes through the ranks will eventually be good enough even if they consistently fail we just have to give them chance after chance. When City, Chelsea have had many young prospects hyped up, but when they don't perform in the first team they get rid. It's the same with standard transfers. Just look at what happened with Kepa. Most expensive goalkeeper yet when started flopping was dropped and Mendy brought in.

Then there is this British obsession with english players like AWB and Maguire, buying them for premium value when there are cheaper foriegn counterparts and we are trying to do the same with Rice in the summer

And of course the big issue with the owners who are not football people more concerned with the commercial aspect of the club than footballing matters. It's why we've kept deadwood like Lingard, mata, matic, fred,(who will soon get a new contract) and Jones because we're more concerned with keeping them as assets rather than cutting our losses.

The chickens are coming home to roost, we are paying for bad decisions from top to bottom, backing sub par managers who don't have the qualifications to do a rebuild given free reign for 3 years to do as he pleases with 400 million while toeing the party line of trying to recreate the past of the United Way instead of bringing people with expertise and the right CV to modernise the club and move away from this archaic obsession of having british born academy passion merchants who ironically lose all passion and sense of pride once prematurely rewarded with big contracts.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I could put this more bluntly, but I’ll bite my tongue.

I have no idea what the values of Manchester United, as an organisation, as a team, from the moment they walked out at the Etihad until they left the pitch. The most minimal and vapid gesture to wider world events, that even Russia and China would probably let past their censors, to a team that can only ever turn up for 45 minutes at best, regularly letting the very best sides just dominate and toy with them.

What’s our sporting vision? What do Manchester United stand for? What is the bare minimum that the United players should give each and every week?

Fitchett

Its the worst because we are stuck with average players on huge contracts who haven't won any trophies. We overhype academy players and prematurely reward them with big contracts and make them undroppable.

I'm talking about players like Rashford, Lingard, Mctominay. These players should have been sold years ago but the fans are complicit in enabling this living in the past romanticism fantasy land where every young player that comes through the ranks will eventually be good enough even if they consistently fail we just have to give them chance after chance. When City, Chelsea have had many young prospects hyped up, but when they don't perform in the first team they get rid. It's the same with standard transfers. Just look at what happened with Kepa. Most expensive goalkeeper yet when started flopping was dropped and Mendy brought in.

Then there is this British obsession with english players like AWB and Maguire, buying them for premium value when there are cheaper foriegn counterparts and we are trying to do the same with Rice in the summer

And of course the big issue with the owners who are not football people more concerned with the commercial aspect of the club than footballing matters. It's why we've kept deadwood like Lingard, mata, matic, fred,(who will soon get a new contract) and Jones because we're more concerned with keeping them as assets rather than cutting our losses.

The chickens are coming home to roost, we are paying for bad decisions from top to bottom, backing sub par managers who don't have the qualifications to do a rebuild given free reign for 3 years to do as he pleases with 400 million while toeing the party line of trying to recreate the past of the United Way instead of bringing people with expertise and the right CV to modernise the club and move away from this archaic obsession of having british born academy passion merchants who ironically lose all passion and sense of pride once prematurely rewarded with big contracts.
Nail firmly hit on the head - well done!

VivaRonaldo85

Whilst the media still keep regailing us as “the biggest club in the world”, the players will have their egos massaged. Whenever I hear this, I cringe now. We’re a huge money generating business, but we’re a fairly average football club right now if you can see those two things as totally separate entities.

And to answer the OP, just wait till Athletico dump us out the CL in a few weeks…..

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm pretty sure the rescheduled game in Anfield will be worse than today - they're a far more ruthless side.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
We’ve been poor before, but this is another level. I’ve never felt so unattached to our squad as I do right now.

There is no desire or fight in them. There is no team ethic. Moany arseholes who leak information because Ralf called them out. Cavani deciding when he wants to play, palyers when after chipping a toenail decided to feck off on holiday and not stick around and support their colleagues. Bunch of overpaid and self indulgent arsebandits.

so much for this cultural reboot Gary Neville and co labelled our previous management brought, it’s worse now than when Jose left.

Many here would pay to play for this club, live and breath it - breaks us to see these moany gits wear the jersey.

This isn’t about not competing for titles, this is simply about players clearly not giving their all. Shameful stuff.

Roboc7

Sums it up nicely but nothing is going to change, club is still full of people who are complicit and have contributed to this mess. All the players mentioned will get a fresh start next season, Martial will be brought back and referred to as being like a new signing, we’ll repeat the cycle because admitting the truth means people having to be accountable.

croadyman

We’ve been poor before, but this is another level. I’ve never felt so unattached to our squad as I do right now.

There is no desire or fight in them. There is no team ethic. Moany arseholes who leak information because Ralf called them out. Cavani deciding when he wants to play, palyers when after chipping a toenail decided to feck off on holiday and not stick around and support their colleagues. Bunch of overpaid and self indulgent arsebandits.

so much for this cultural reboot Gary Neville and co labelled our previous management brought, it’s worse now than when Jose left.

Many here would pay to play for this club, live and breath it - breaks us to see these moany gits wear the jersey.

This isn’t about not competing for titles, this is simply about players clearly not giving their all. Shameful stuff.
Yeah definitely is as this lot are a total bunch of moaning whingebags most of the time

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
A collective mass boycott of all games would set things straight and potentially put pressure on the board to sell. But that would never happen.

croadyman

This team is giving us no reason for optimism, therefore how can it not be the worst that it's been, at least under Moyes there were winners in that team albeit past their peak.

JoaquinJoaquin

This team is giving us no reason for optimism, therefore how can it not be the worst that it's been, at least under Moyes there were winners in that team albeit past their peak.
Yeah with Moyes, felt like it was more of a manager issue, and that once we got the next manager things would get better. Whereas now, it's hard to even be optimistic for the future as the club is a complete shambles from top to bottom.

Ibi Dreams

The performances aren't the worst they've been, but the general feeling might be. Everyone is just tired of supporting a team that honestly hardly deserves our support

Green_Red

I could put this more bluntly, but I’ll bite my tongue.

I have no idea what the values of Manchester United, as an organisation, as a team, from the moment they walked out at the Etihad until they left the pitch. The most minimal and vapid gesture to wider world events, that even Russia and China would probably let past their censors, to a team that can only ever turn up for 45 minutes at best, regularly letting the very best sides just dominate and toy with them.

What’s our sporting vision? What do Manchester United stand for? What is the bare minimum that the United players should give each and every week?
That's easy, $$$. As long as Glazers and JPM continue to see the cash roll in they will not really see any issues. I shudder to think about what will happen once the money stops coming in. That level of debt with no way to service it... We're one (maybe two) bad financial season(s) away from having to start carving up the clubs assets, or worse administration.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I am old enough to remember the relegation season. We were bad then but I honestly don’t think we got outclassed as much as this year.
At least the lads in the red shirts fought for the shirt then.

croadyman

Yeah with Moyes, felt like it was more of a manager issue, and that once we got the next manager things would get better. Whereas now, it's hard to even be optimistic for the future as the club is a complete shambles from top to bottom.
Couldn't have put it any better myself

wolvored

Well said.
I do hope with this 'new' setup ie Woodward not ruling the roost and football decisions not made by the CEO will work for the future, but the asset instead of the player might still happen with bad players rewarded with bumper contracts, rather than moved on for better players.

wolvored

I am old enough to remember the relegation season. We were bad then but I honestly don’t think we got outclassed as much as this year.
At least the lads in the red shirts fought for the shirt then.
We also came back stronger and better finishing 3rd to QPR and Liverpool I think. Doc would have won us the title I think, if he hadnt dilly dallied with Mary Brown!