Ismaila Sarr

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The way he played after getting back from AFCON, even when he was on the pitch I'd hardly say he was playing. Absolute waster who didn't give a toss during the last 5 months of the season.
Its fecking Watford, they have 5 managers a season. Its not even that bad of a deal compared to the output of our first choice front three in preseason, who had what 5 goals between them last season?

Chief123

Interesting profile of player and certainly has attributes which I'd like a Utd winger/forward to have. My fear is we will have similar issues with him as we had with Dan James. Sarr has never been tested week in, week out against deep lying teams which need breaking down. It would be a gamble like any young player is.

GoldanoGraham

Always thought he has some early days similarities with Mane - poor guy never been coached - just think what ETH could do with him.

Definitely worth consideration.

Godfather

Always thought he has some early days similarities with Mane - poor guy never been coached - just think what ETH could do with him.

Have you seen Mane when he was at Salzburg? He was and is nothing like Sarr. Sarr is Bambi on ice. Feels like he is never in full control. Mane was the exact opposite. This is getting ridiculous.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We got rid of Rangnick, who might have actually recommended us players that come together to form some kind of coherent whole, to go chasing after players we've previously turned our noses up at. Do any new ideas actually come from our recruitment department or is just the same old names banging about? Sarr was an option when we signed Dan James for crying out loud. Honestly, at that time I didn't think it was a bad idea. In the years since I haven't seen much development though. Why are we scrambling about with weeks to go to deadline day looking at players like this?

Womp

idiot
Would be all for this. Exactly the profile of player that would improve under a proper coach and set up.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Yeremi Pino is miles better than Sarr, and I don’t think the price would be much different.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Yeah I can't get behind this one at all. I don't understand where the hype has come from with him, he looks bang average a lot of the time and not in control of what he's doing. And he doesn't even have the skill and technique of Zaha, who is equally as erratic at times.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The source of this is Graeme Bailey who works for '90 minutes'. I think people should wait for someone half credible to report our interest before passing judgement.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Easy clicks off the back of his viral goal. Horrendously transparent, not any real effort in it either.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Not good enough.
We can't take ourselves out of mediocrity. This is prime mediocrity
Exactly the profile of player that would improve under a proper coach and set up
LeTs fEcKiNg Go!!!

All from this one page! And he has played in the league. :lol: :lol:

Colour me confused.

Last edited:

Vapor trail

Everytime I've seen brief periods of Watford he's the most productive player. He's also for a supposed winger got very good interchangeable play. Reckon he would thrive in a team surrounded with more quality. One thing that's important on this site is doing your own research/ assessments on individual targets because some of the opinions are so wide of the mark it's just ridiculous.

AussieDevil

The player we should have gone for from Watford is Joao Pedro.

Sarr looks like he could grow into an effective player, but not for a top 4 club.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Would much rather roll the dice on Amine Gouiri. Does everything Ten Hag wants from a forward very well.

sglowrider

The player we should have gone for from Watford is Joao Pedro.

Sarr looks like he could grow into an effective player, but not for a top 4 club.
Just saw some videos of him. He certainly looks better technically than Sarr -- and needless to say Gakpo.

Pedro just needs to sign up at a local language school and learn Dutch and then he will be on our radar. ;)

sglowrider

Would much rather roll the dice on Amine Gouiri. Does everything Ten Hag wants from a forward very well.

Nice fast feet with little back lift. I really don't understand why we don't look and get more players from the French league. Its not like Wenger is still around.

AussieDevil

Just saw some videos of him. He certainly looks better technically than Sarr -- and needless to say Gakpo.

Pedro just needs to sign up at a local language school and learn Dutch and then he will be on our radar. ;)
Im sure he has been to Amsterdam enough times to qualify already :)

I think Pedro has the highest ceiling out of any player in the championship and at the bottom of the premier league. Would be a shrewd signing, has a good build for a young striker, been in England for 3 years now and has the technical ability to match.

I reckon we could get him for 15m plus add ons.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Nice fast feet with little back lift. I really don't understand why we don't look and get more players from the French league. Its not like Wenger is still around.
Rumor has it Newcastle are sniffing around this window. I think he has a higher ceiling than Sarr and can play more as a central striker than Gakpo.

sglowrider

Im sure he has been to Amsterdam enough times to qualify already :)

I think Pedro has the highest ceiling out of any player in the championship and at the bottom of the premier league. Would be a shrewd signing, has a good build for a young striker, been in England for 3 years now and has the technical ability to match.

I reckon we could get him for 15m plus add ons.
And a good age too. Really don't understand why we don't go for these sorts of players but instead linked to some old and some say, racist player.

BarryWinks

I don't rate him at all. He has nothing we need. He's not even in control of the football half the time, it's different to Mane at Southampton who you expected to take the next step. This lad has no standout qualities outside of his pace, pace which he probably won't need here so much given how much of the ball ETH wants us to have, and against the teams we'll be playing majority of the time.

Can never understand why we keep getting linked with him.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I know we are struggling and are reaching the annual "United panic days" but this guy is rank ordinary in my opinion and adds nothing to the nothing we already have

GoldanoGraham

I know we are struggling and are reaching the annual "United panic days" but this guy is rank ordinary in my opinion and adds nothing to the nothing we already have
I beg to differ…..:Sarr has pace and can get down the wing to the byline - we don’t have anyone that can do that - we just stop, cut in, allow the opposition to get back and eventually lump it into the box or just lose possession

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I beg to differ…..:Sarr has pace and can get down the wing to the byline - we don’t have anyone that can do that - we just stop, cut in, allow the opposition to get back and eventually lump it into the box or just lose possession
and then what? have you seen the number of times we don't have anyone in the opposing penalty area? We need a proper CF more than another wide player. Your description of Sarr sounds an awful like the one we were given about Sancho and look how that's going...

Trex

Technically not good enough, he'll loose possession way to much, we already have many players with that deficiency hindering ETH ball.

Rossa

and then what? have you seen the number of times we don't have anyone in the opposing penalty area? We need a proper CF more than another wide player. Your description of Sarr sounds an awful like the one we were given about Sancho and look how that's going...
Did anyone ever really say Sancho was very quick, direct, hugging the touch line type of player? I doubt it. He’s more of a creative, playmaker winger than one who gets to the byline.

GoldanoGraham

We need to supply a CF - players don’t currently gamble on running into the area as the ball never arrives - our build up is too laboured - while maybe not being the most technically gifted our output would increase significantly if we had someone that had some pace and was direct at attacking the channels - some penetration would be better than no penetration

Marcelinho87

Not sure that’s true really, we need players to take us up a level from where we are right now, which is in the bin. He doesn’t have to be good enough to be a title challenger but he would be a stepping stone.
This.

People think that we are in a position to bring in the best and challenge for the top. We need to accept reality, we are at best a Europa League club at the moment and our recruitment will reflect that. One area we do need to improve on is shifting these players further down the line when we have moved up a peg.

Abraxas

He's a lot better than some here are saying. Scores a decent amount of goals for an "ordinary" winger. Also pace is a tool you can use, it's a massive attribute to have in your frontline.

I'm just not sure we're his logical step. I don't think his technique is quite at the level we should be trying to get. Mane is a bit of a lazy comparison as Mane can do everything, he can even playmake around the box. Sarr is much more raw.