Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
No other journalists are reporting this and she again claims it's coming from intelligence officials. Her Twitter timeline also shows a heavy bias pro Israel, I'm going to wait for more credible sources before proclaiming anything.
Wouldn't have it any other way.

owlo

I don't remember who you were, but I wish you'd been correct when you laughed at me about casualty numbers the other days.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Sooner Hamas are removed the better for everyone by the sounds of it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/newsletters/archive/2023/10/what-is-hamas/675594/
Found this part interesting.

But the experts I spoke with struggled to understand how Saturday’s brutal attacks will help Hamas achieve its stated aims. “It’s hard for me to put my analytical hat on and figure out why Hamas would view this in their interest, because it’s so surely going to be terrible for them and for all the people in Gaza and probably the West Bank as well,” Cambanis told me. “It somewhat defies my 20 years of understanding how they operate.”

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Not listening to him, did he say anything about American hostages?
US President Joe Biden said Tuesday that there are Americans among hostages taken by Hamas as part of the militant group's attack on Israel.

"We now know that American citizens are among those being held by Hamas," he said.

Biden added that he has directed his team to "share intelligence and deploy additional experts from across the United States government to consult with and advise Israeli counterparts on hostage recovery efforts."

Roane

14 Americans killed, Joe Biden says.
This whole calling the victims British, American etc is it accurate?

What I mean is these are "dual nationals" often IDF reservists so surely Israeli?

Was listening to a fella on LBC this morning. Lives in London but was preparing for his fourth tour as an idf reservist. He isn't in the British army but goes to fight whenever called for Israel. So what nationality is he?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
It's a vicious cycle. Deep down I'm convinced that the atrocities that both side commit or allow are meant to maintain the political leaders in place, Hamas need the conflict to justify its existence and the israeli far right needs Hamas and terrorism in general to justify the current mainstream nature of their views and to stay in power. Everyone else is caught in the middle of that nonsense.
Exactly the way I look at it. Hopefully for the Israelis in particular though the opposition will finally find a way to dislodge Netanyahu.

owlo

This whole calling the victims British, American etc is it accurate?

What I mean is these are "dual nationals" often IDF reservists so surely Israeli?

Was listening to a fella on LBC this morning. Lives in London but was preparing for his fourth tour as an idf reservist. He isn't in the British army but goes to fight whenever called for Israel. So what nationality is he?
He's dual nationality. Why would he be 'less' British ?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
No other journalists are reporting this and she again claims it's coming from intelligence officials. Her Twitter timeline also shows a heavy bias pro Israel, I'm going to wait for more credible sources before proclaiming anything.
Any French speakers who can confirm whether this is the correct translation? She seems to indicate journalists witnessed it themselves. She also just tweeted about CNN confirming it.

That's it, the information is out. It's so macabre that no one wanted to reveal it until they had 100% confirmation. Infants and children under 2 years old were beheaded by Hamas in the Kibbutz of Kfar Aza. It is a horror, a massacre. For those asking for the source. They are multiple: Israeli army, internal intelligence service and atrocious images which reached me and which I was able to cross-check. But the best source remains this: courageous journalists from the foreign press who were able to see / agreed to see with their own eyes the bodies in Kfar Aza.

Laurencio

Any French speakers who can confirm whether this is the correct translation? She seems to indicate journalists witnessed it themselves. She also just tweeted about CNN confirming it.

I speak enough French to tell you that she said more or less exactly what that says.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Confirms that Israeli soldiers are saying it at least. Presumably if it's true we'll here subsequent reports emerging.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I think they're worthy of separation and deserve to be viewed as terrible events in their own right.

Do you not?

You can and should absolutely highlight the othersides atrocities but do so on the next breath, or another post. Not with a "but" as it never looks good and absolutely negates anything you have said before, even if you are sincere.
They are both terrible events in their own right.

I don't think there's an obligation to do so on the next breath. Because what happens in actuality is the next breath becomes the next post, which becomes the next page, which becomes the next thread, which becomes "whataboutism"

And who does it look bad to? And why? Language isn't neutral. There's a purpose behind efforts to silence or minimize anything outside of the events from Sunday.

gaffs

Not in support of what Israel have been doing recently or their expansion of territory over the decades.

But what did Hammas think this attack was was going to achive? They have given Netanyahu the excuse to go all-out attack on Gaza. I think there will be lucky if there is anything left in 3 weeks time.

Roane

He's dual nationality. Why would he be 'less' British ?
My point was wider just than the one guy. I was dual national once, just British now, as I recall I couldn't fight for my other nationalities army and still be dual national during service. It was a while back and I was contemplating a life in the military.

My point was more the first but of my post. If I had joined the army of the country I am originally from and was killed or captured I wouldn't be a British national killed or captured, just a soldier of the army I was representing no?

Even if I wasn't in the army and was caught by dissidents (there is conflict where I am from) then surely I'm just a local resident?

Roane

Confirms that Israeli soldiers are saying it at least. Presumably if it's true we'll here subsequent reports emerging.
I've been looking at this from various sources and it seems to stem from one woman, reporter for i24 who was at the kibbutz. Available on YouTube. She showed live footage of the area. Some shocking pics of dead people but nothing on the 40 children. Just said some commander had said something, again she added the 40 babies bit later.

External media were given first access and most Israeli media kept away, to get news out. No one mentioned it from other media. Those who eventually ran with it cite her. No pics of said guernys etc.

Hope it isn't true and taking it with a pinch of salt for now

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Not in support of what Israel have been doing recently or their expansion of territory over the decades.

But what did Hammas think this attack was was going to achive? They have given Netanyahu the excuse to go all-out attack on Gaza. I think there will be lucky if there is anything left in 3 weeks time.
Well, even the experts seem to struggle understanding the goals of this attack. Mind, not all of Hamas leadership may have been aware.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
The best thing for Palestinians in the immediate future might be to turn against Hamas if only to preserve their own futures.

Whether that's to provide information to Israeli forces about their positions or even as far as fighting against them (not necessarily alongside Israeli forces.)

Hamas is now past tense, it no longer exists but for a matter of timing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I've been looking at this from various sources and it seems to stem from one woman, reporter for i24 who was at the kibbutz. Available on YouTube. She showed live footage of the area. Some shocking pics of dead people but nothing on the 40 children. Just said some commander had said something, again she added the 40 babies bit later.

External media were given first access and most Israeli media kept away, to get news out. No one mentioned it from other media. Those who eventually ran with it cite her. No pics of said guernys etc.

Hope it isn't true and taking it with a pinch of salt for now
Also this journalist though: https://twitter.com/margothaddad

Simbo

It's funny listening to a twitter space of people just trying to disseminate/verify events and all the constant reports coming out. Absolute carnage.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
I’m very much not part of them, but what on earth do you think you are adding here? Please just don’t post if you have no opinion beyond claiming someone you disagree with is ‘having a mare’
It's a forum. It's got mods who police what is posted. I don't think they need you to do it. I posted my opinion of the false equivalency I saw, especially in the last few pages. Thanks anyway.
Why? Don’t think Hamas are capable? Perhaps they just rocked the babies and children to sleep?
Of course they are. But there's no evidence of anything, other than soldiers saying it, and I hope there won't be. I just know that governments can tell lies and that they can be all over social media before the truth is revealed.

For the record, I hope there are no dead Israeli babies.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
EU Foreign Affairs Chief, for what it's worth (probably very little).

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

They're a resource constrained terror group, I don't think they have analysts who have 20 side dies and war game capabilities

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Yes, the translation is roughly accurate.

Cloud7

This is getting out of hand. First everyone has to have exactly the same opinion on all the covid measures, even in hindsight. Then the Ukraine war that has no nuance. Now the plight of the Palestinians that's been ongoing for more than 50 years has to be viewed from the singular side even by football clubs in England.
A) What on earth are the PL expected to say here

B) Why on earth are the PL expected to say something here

C) Who cares what the governing body of one football competition has to say? The club officials are free to release statements if they so desire

Simbo

If that headchopping rumours are true and they did it to infants, that's surely it for Hamas?
Think its already at that point if those reports are true or not. Israel will do what every other country on earth and through history would do.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
It's a vicious cycle. Deep down I'm convinced that the atrocities that both side commit or allow are meant to maintain the political leaders in place, Hamas need the conflict to justify its existence and the israeli far right needs Hamas and terrorism in general to justify the current mainstream nature of their views and to stay in power. Everyone else is caught in the middle of that nonsense.
Yeah, I agree with that.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
What are you talking about?
Read the last few pages. Posters saying that Palestinians won't die of thirst because the sea is there. A poster from Israel basically blaming the entire Israel-Palestine situation on the Palestinians. There's other things. It's not been very nice.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City

Yeah. That's exactly what she said.

Edit: Translation

That's it, the information is out. It's so gruesome that no one would give it out before 100% confirming it.

Two years old infants have been decapited by the Hamas in Kfar Aza's kibbutz. It's horrific, a massacre. For those who're asking about the source. There's multiple ones: IDF, Israeli domestic intelligence and horrific images that were passed on to me and that I could verify. However the best source comes from brave foreign journalists who could see / accepted to see with their own eyes the dead bodies in Kfar Aza.

Last edited:

Roane

Yeah I've been checking her bio etc too.

Soldiers have been saying along lines of "these guys are evil, killed children, beheaded women" but the 40 babies bit seems to be a leap with just that one source from i24. And even she said initially what the soldiers said eventually leading to the 40 babies bit.

Praying it's bullshit tbh

owlo

@africanspur Quite honestly, with these latest developments I feel my views hardening.

My point was wider just than the one guy. I was dual national once, just British now, as I recall I couldn't fight for my other nationalities army and still be dual national during service. It was a while back and I was contemplating a life in the military.

My point was more the first but of my post. If I had joined the army of the country I am originally from and was killed or captured I wouldn't be a British national killed or captured, just a soldier of the army I was representing no?

Even if I wasn't in the army and was caught by dissidents (there is conflict where I am from) then surely I'm just a local resident?
It varies by Nationality and service. In the British forces, you can do most roles and hold almost any security clearance as a dual national. (some submarine roles are restricted). You can also do conscription in the IDF then join the RN for example. Dual National Israelis have been known to be approached by Israel whilst in service though, and lose security clearance for it. Israel also allow (and welcome) dual nationals with experience from other services.

If for example, you went to Ukraine to fight as a Ukrainian, you'd still be represented by the British foreign office if captured. The enemy would/should treat all POW's the same. If you're caught by dissidents, they don't have rules. They can torture rape or murder you no matter your nationality. There's an offer from the Georgian Legion to help Israel now; they will know if Hamas capture them, they won't be entitled to help from anyone as they aren't Israeli and Hamas are not a government. But they should still get representation from their government.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Well, even the experts seem to struggle understanding the goals of this attack. Mind, not all of Hamas leadership may have been aware.
Revenge, plain and simple. No political or strategic aim, just attack, kill and put them in the terror Palestinians have felt for decades.