Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Also, you conveniently missed this part of the wiki article:
And the following paragraph? Also if we agree with this paragraph then what are we supposed to think about IDF and Settlers who killed and injured 7 or 8 times more Paletinians before this month?

Drizzle

And the following paragraph? Also if we agree with this paragraph then what are we supposed to think about IDF and Settlers who killed and injured 7 or 8 times more Paletinians before this month?
Yes I've never denied there are war crimes being committed by Israel. And I have consistently been against them.

I'm pointing out that these are not nearly as terrible as multiple other crimes that have been committed even recently, and framing them as if they are is just factually wrong. Please tell me why this isn't so.

RedDevil@84

When taught about the Holocaust in school, I used to always wonder how that happened with so many countries not doing anything about it.

Now I'm getting to see the answer to that.

It's fecking disgusting.
I think the power scales were not the same at that time. By the time the holocaust happened, Nazi Germany had become pretty strong and could oppose other forces. In the current scenario it is like 80% of world's power have come together and decided it is nice to stand behind the oppressors.

Drizzle

When taught about the Holocaust in school, I used to always wonder how that happened with so many countries not doing anything about it.

Now I'm getting to see the answer to that.

It's fecking disgusting.
You got to see the answer to that in Darfur, Rwanda, Syria, Yemen etc etc. Hundreds of thousands slaughtered, starved, butchered. But whatever. Israel kills 7000 in response to a terrorist attack - it's the fecking holocaust again lads. Give me a break.

And this does not excuse it. They are perpetrating war crimes (as did Hamas) and they should be held to account. But the extremity of the language here is ridiculous.

JPRouve

Scout
Yes I've never denied there are war crimes being committed by Israel. And I have consistently been against them.

I'm pointing out that these are not nearly as terrible as multiple other crimes that have been committed even recently, and framing them as if they are is just factually wrong. Please tell me why this isn't so.
You denied that it was some of the worst crime committed and then shared a link that listed some of the worst crimes committed which includes Israel-palestine. You then tried to bs your way into a point because Hamas was mentioned in paragraph which is a terrible point when you consider two things up until this month the casualties count according to the UN was 6k+ palestinians vs 300+ israelis and the gap widened this month.

https://www.ochaopt.org/data/casualties

And if remember correctly in August for 2023, the count was 170+ palestinians vs 30+ israelis. Now unless you believe that the side that kills more often and in greater number is the least culpable then you may want to rethink your points and the links you share.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
One of the Israeli hostages from the dance party has apparently been found dead by the IDF.

Also reports she was beheaded.

RedC

You got to see the answer to that in Darfur, Rwanda, Syria, Yemen etc etc. Hundreds of thousands slaughtered, starved, butchered. But whatever. Israel kills 7000 in response to a terrorist attack - it's the fecking holocaust again lads. Give me a break.

And this does not excuse it. They are perpetrating war crimes (as did Hamas) and they should be held to account. But the extremity of the language here is ridiculous.
You literally claimed there was going to be a mass extermination of Jews around the world the other day.

Drizzle

You denied that it was some of the worst crime committed and then shared a link that listed some of the worst crimes committed which includes Israel-palestine. You then tried to bs your way into a point because Hamas was mentioned in paragraph which is a terrible point when you consider two things up until this month the casualties count according to the UN was 6k+ palestinians vs 300+ israelis and the gap widened this month.

https://www.ochaopt.org/data/casualties

And if remember correctly in August for 2023, the count was 170+ palestinians vs 30+ israelis. Now unless you believe that the side that kills more often and in greater number is the least culpable then you may want to rethink your points and the links you share.
No I stand by it. In the list of 21st century war crimes, this is pretty far down. I didn't say it wasn't on the list. And Hamas are on there too.

The numbers are horrible I agree. But they back up the fact this is sadly small fry compared to some other recent horrors.

Drizzle

You literally claimed there was going to be a mass extermination of Jews around the world the other day.
I literally did not, you're lying. I said there would be massacres. Literally 3 days later, look at Dagestan. As I said at the time, I hope I'm wrong but it's not looking great right now. Thanks for your good wishes anyway.

JPRouve

Scout
No I stand by it. In the list of 21st century war crimes, this is pretty far down. I didn't say it wasn't on the list. And Hamas are on there too.

The numbers are horrible I agree. But they back up the fact this is sadly small fry compared to some other recent horrors.
You realize that to the claim that this is some of the worst war crimes of the 21st century, your retort is that it's not some of the worst because it's only in the top 15(there is 15 examples in the article you shared)?
Instead of recognizing an obvious fact that is supported by a link that you chose, you went in defense mode by arguing that it wasn't at the top of the top 15 and also that people conveniently forgot a paragraph about Hamas.

Both of your retorts are wild, you are essentially willing to deny reality at all costs.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I literally did not, you're lying. I said there would be massacres. Literally 3 days later, look at Dagestan. As I said at the time, I hope I'm wrong but it's not looking great right now. Thanks for your good wishes anyway.
What's happened in Dagestan?

RedC

Ok, I apologise, you specifically said massacres around the world, which essentially means the same thing.

the_cliff

I fully expect Israel will get the land, and the world will be an unwitting accomplice to this abhorrence.

We will all look the other way while they sing and cheer getting "their land" back. They'll populate it with US expats/settler's and sell the regeneration of the region to Saudi/UAE consortiums, turning it into a new Dubai, all the while a million people who used to live there, are now stateless, in the desert, with nothing. I'm sure an aid package or two will be signed to "help" but it'll amount to very little.

And Israel still won't be happy, they'll still have to manufacture skirmishes and threats (omg Iran, omg Hezbollah, omg Syria) to keep the money rolling in under the guise existential threat.

The history books will be rewritten and the "peace" will be credited to their "brave" decision of taking back Palestine and liberating it from the evil clutches of Hamas.

Bleak, bleak, bleak.
The Sinai desert will be next. As Hamas will still exist there or if they do eradicate Hamas there'll be a new one.

JPRouve

Scout
There are too many people that are braindead. How do you even justify to yourself the effort to go to an airport and try to determine who is jewish and if they "look" like it then you lynch them. Stay at home and be your braindead self away from society.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
There are too many people that are braindead. How do you even justify to yourself the effort to go to an airport and try to determine who is jewish and if they "look" like it then you lynch them. Stay at home and be your braindead self away from society.
It seemed like a social media mob. People in other countries getting spun up about what's happening in the Middle East but powerless to do anything about it other than hunt for any Jews they could find.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
More accurately, if he allowed it he may be overthrown.
Yes, that's what I was inferring. He's obviously not going to allow a Muslim Brotherhood rooted organization to set up shop in Egypt after having overthrown the last guy from the Muslim Brotherhood to get into power.

Halftrack

"Israel's genocide against the Palestinians isn't nearly as bad as other genocides that have been committed recently" is one hell of a statement to make, especially while it's going on as we speak.

And "one of the worst" is relative, but not wrong, so not sure why you're taking issue with it.

Drizzle

It is literally there in the link you posted :lol: . You even did not read it all or you just thought I hope no one read all the page.
Sigh. We've been through this, so go and read it. I'm not responding to everyone who erroneously thinks they've come up with a gotcha moment. Israel/Gaza is dwarfed by many other crimes this century, and the link proves it. I didn't say it wasn't a crime in itself. Good work though.

Drizzle

"Israel's genocide against the Palestinians isn't nearly as bad as other genocides that have been committed recently" is one hell of a statement to make, especially while it's going on as we speak.
It's true though. I don't know why that's so hard to understand.

the_cliff

Unlikely, given the President of Egypt won't allow it.
That is true, given what happened with Sisi and Morsi. Will definitely create internal problems within Egypt though and could bring a return of support for the brotherhood (within the general population) considering the majority of the Egyptian population are firmly against what Israel is doing in Gaza (having 1 mill+ Gazans in tents in the Sinai will only increase anger).

Last edited:

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I mean, no offense to Dagestan but I don't think they're education system and society is quite as "modern" as ours.

JPRouve

Scout
I mean, no offense to Dagestan but I don't think they're education system and society is quite as "modern" as ours.
It has nothing to do with education systems or modern societies. It's genuinely braindead human beings, the average human being regardless of where he is from isn't deprived of cognition which is why the vast majority of people don't act like that.

Also the same nonsense happens in "developed" countries.

Roane

Isn't what's happening in Israel by definition a holocaust?

Genuinely asking.

Not conflating it with THE Holocaust, which I think some people are doing. As that is specific to the Jewish murders by the Nazis

Andy_Cole

And "one of the worst" is relative, but not wrong, so not sure why you're taking issue with it.
Must be because of Anti-Semitism why people are so pissed of at Israel’s genocide.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

I wonder what you will say if israel ends killing 100k. Where the goalposts will be

JPRouve

Scout
Isn't what's happening in Israel by definition a holocaust?

Genuinely asking.

Not conflating it with THE Holocaust, which I think some people are doing. As that is specific to the Jewish murders by the Nazis
Unless I missed something Holocaust is a name, there is only one.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Unless I missed something Holocaust is a name, there is only one.
It synonymous with what happend in Germany and is branded as such, but it doesn't have to be used only in that context. The term itself is rooted in Greek iirc.