Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hopefully we won’t see Netanyahu here in the US meeting with his major funders anytime soon. And if he is, we should ask why he’s not arrested as soon as he lands on US soil.
The US isn't a signatory to the ICC's founding statute and has previously said it has no jurisdiction in the states. Also, I would seriously doubt any NATO or EU country would comply with an arrest warrant for an Israeli leader given that Israel is a close ally to most large EU nations. That said, I wouldn't exactly book a safari to Kruger if I was Bibi.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Hopefully we won’t see Netanyahu here in the US meeting with his major funders anytime soon. And if he is, we should ask why he’s not arrested as soon as he lands on US soil.
The US is not a party to the ICC and would be under no legal obligation to arrest him.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The US isn't a signatory to the ICC's founding statute and has previously said it has no jurisdiction in the states. Also, I would seriously doubt any NATO or EU country would comply with an arrest warrant for an Israeli leader given that Israel is a close ally to most large EU nations. That said, I wouldn't exactly book a safari to Kruger if I was Bibi.
One can only hope/wish that he was stupid enough to book that safari, and a rhino or lion has their way with him before he’s arrested.

Idxomer

"As Israel faces setbacks both on the ground and in international opinion, it escalates its attacks by bombing residential neighborhoods of Gaza, resulting in the slaughter of thousands of innocent citizens as they seek shelter in their homes".

https://x.com/QudsNen/status/1792558907426042188

Over a hundred were killed in the last 24 hours.

Idxomer

Read this farcical statement from Blinken

"allowing the Israeli legal system a full and timely opportunity to proceed"

"jeopardize efforts to reach a ceasefire"

:lol:

Last edited:

Smores

The Americans (particularly Republicans) making themselves look foolish to the world as always. Constantly throwing a tantrum when they're not the ones in charge. No shame.

Kaos

Read this farcical statement from Blinken

"allowing the Israeli legal system a full and timely opportunity to proceed"

"jeopardize efforts to reach a ceasefire"

:lol:
The US is a joke frankly. The delusional levels of mental gymnastics they deploy to justify their support of a pariah state would make despots like Putin blush.

Why not just ask Netanyahu to investigate himself and see if he thinks he's been a naughty little war criminal.

Giggsyking

Oooooh I'm loving the meltdown of Miller. I ask everyone to listen to it and laugh at this donkey.

Giggsyking

Sounds about right. Although, this isn't likely to go anywhere given that Israel and the US aren't signatories, and the looming threat of Congress taking action against the ICC.
This only affects them if the Israeli or the US state want to arrest them themselves, they still not immune to the arrests and can be arrested in countries that are signatories to the ICC. So it will cause problem for Netanyahu traveling to other countries.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This only affects them if the Israeli or the US state want to arrest them themselves, they still not immune to the arrests and can be arrested in countries that are signatories to the ICC. So it will cause problem for Netanyahu traveling to other countries.
It could for Netanyahu if he goes to a ICC signatory country, but given the way the war is going and the domestic legal case against him, the rest of his days are likely to be spent inside Israel. The same applies to Ismail Haniyah. Qatar is also a non-signatory so he shouldn't have any problems. Even if he travels to places like Turkey, Iran, Egypt, Bahrain, Russia - none of them are signatories either.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

Oooooh I'm loving the meltdown of Miller. I ask everyone to listen to it and laugh at this donkey.
Lot of these US politicians have the slimeball looks and the actions also match up.

Denis79

I hope they issue an arrest warrant on both Hamas leaders and Netanyahu. They deserve to be in the same bracket. Terrorist murderers that target civilians. Worse is that this murderous genocidal maniac was brought to power by the Israeli people.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I hope they issue an arrest warrant on both Hamas leaders and Netanyahu. They deserve to be in the same bracket. Terrorist murderers that target civilians. Worse is that this murderous genocidal maniac was brought to power by the Israeli people.
So was Hamas that was voted by palestinians and were able to get all the money that was supposed to be institutional. With that, I don't mean that Palestinians citizens are terrorists like Hamas, but so neither are the Israeli people.

Both had been duped by the hate of both organizations. Palestinians by a terrorist group, that true that had not been voted since 2006, but has ample support and Israelis by a terrorist state government that true had not been voted by a majority of israelies, but have ample support

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
This is fascinating, the greatest superpower in the history of this planet absolutely destroying whatever remains of their reputation in the eyes of much of the world and all to the defend a tiny nation currently committing genocide. It would be so easy to do the right thing, stick up for humanitarian values and be on the right side of history on this one, but they simply can't do it. This is not pragmatic politics like many want us to believe, this is ideology, israel is the 51st state and has to be defended whatever the cost.

Ironically the israeli government despises the current administration and will be more then happy to see them booted out in the next election, which makes all of this even more ridiculous and humiliating for the people like the guy in that video.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
So was Hamas that was voted by palestinians and were able to get all the money that was supposed to be institutional. With that, I don't mean that Palestinians citizens are terrorists like Hamas, but so neither are the Israeli people.

Both had been duped by the hate of both organizations. Palestinians by a terrorist group, that true that had not been voted since 2006, but has ample support and Israelis by a terrorist state government that true had not been voted by a majority of israelies, but have ample support
Israel is functional democracy, or at least they claim to be. If you look how hamas won the election it was not democratic at all. Ironically israel even helped hamas win that election.

Denis79

Hamas rules by fear and terror as the terrorists that they are.

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/press-re...tings-and-killings-collaborators-revealed-new

Can't compare the two and how they stay in power.

ScholesyTheWise

Israel is functional democracy, or at least they claim to be. If you look how hamas won the election it was not democratic at all. Ironically israel even helped hamas win that election.
Barely democratic, barely functioning.
Rumors are doing the rounds in Israeli Telegram channels that Bibi has pancreatic cancer.
would almost be funny if he and the Iranian mob will do us a favor of fecking off in he space of a couple of months.

Do the warrants mean that Bibi, Galant etc get arrested should they leave Israel?
I didn't quite follow.

Super Hans

That's nonsense. The election was widely praised as being free and fair.

"The National Democratic Institute (NDI) in partnership with The Carter Center reported "a professional and impartial performance of election officials".[33] The European Union delegation reported "there was nothing which would indicate that the final result was not the outcome chosen by the voters".[34] A CRS Report for Congress on the 2006 elections concluded: "The election was overseen by 17,268 domestic observers, complemented by 900 credentialed international monitors. ... The Bush Administration accepted the outcome of the Palestinian legislative elections and praised the PA for holding free and fair elections. ... The conduct of the election was widely considered to be free and fair."

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I will just write this post to clarify but I think I expressed my opinion extensively in this thread

I know all what you are saying, but as I remind of that who defends Israel actions, is warranted to remember why Hamas reach that state of power and infrastructure. In my opinion both organization are equally despicable (what it says a lot to equate a government with a terrorist group). But lets not forget that Hamas would not the same if they would have the power. And I am saying the same, and not worse, because if Hamas would have the power of a government with its own state, it would refrain as Israel refrains now when they are only wishing to exterminate palestinians but it would be too blatant (being blatant enough to be honest)

At the same time, as I said, is true that Hamas and Israel are equally despicable but as you said, Israel is worse because of the hypocrisy that they are supposed to be the defenders of values of what is supposed to be a western democracy, the only bastion of morals in middle east with the "the most moral army in the world".

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
That's nonsense. The election was widely praised as being free and fair.

"The National Democratic Institute (NDI) in partnership with The Carter Center reported "a professional and impartial performance of election officials".[33] The European Union delegation reported "there was nothing which would indicate that the final result was not the outcome chosen by the voters".[34] A CRS Report for Congress on the 2006 elections concluded: "The election was overseen by 17,268 domestic observers, complemented by 900 credentialed international monitors. ... The Bush Administration accepted the outcome of the Palestinian legislative elections and praised the PA for holding free and fair elections. ... The conduct of the election was widely considered to be free and fair."
From wiki

R. Michael Alvarez argued that "despite all the progress, however, the voting process was plagued by a series of manipulations. Violations were committed by both major political parties, namely Fatah and Hamas. Although, the observers reported, Hamas had an advantage in mobilizing Palestinian facilities for its own political purposes."[36] Violating the code of conduct, Hamas was able to use its militias and networks for propaganda and intimidation purposes, as well as heavily utilizing mosques for that purpose.[37] A national monitoring committee set up by the Arab Thought Forum recorded reports of 242 violations in total throughout the election. The Canadian International Development Agency reported that international observers were concerned "about the threat that widespread possession of arms poses to the future of the democratic electoral process." The threat of violence affected the conduct of the election, culminating in a few violent confrontations and undermining the independence of the Central Election Commission.
Election plagued by a series of manipulations and hamas using militias for intimidation purposes. It sounds very free and very fair.

Pintu

First clear reaction from an EU official.

Member states very divided with Belgium & Slovenia welcoming the arrest warrants while Czechia criticises. Most (including Germany) still say they respect the court’s independence.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I will just write this post to clarify but I think I expressed my opinion extensively in this thread

I know all what you are saying, but as I remind of that who defends Israel actions, is warranted to remember why Hamas reach that state of power and infrastructure. In my opinion both organization are equally despicable (what it says a lot to equate a government with a terrorist group). But lets not forget that Hamas would not the same if they would have the power. And I am saying the same, and not worse, because if Hamas would have the power of a government with its own state, it would refrain as Israel refrains now when they are only wishing to exterminate palestinians but it would be too blatant (being blatant enough to be honest)

At the same time, as I said, is true that Hamas and Israel are equally despicable but as you said, Israel is worse because of the hypocrisy that they are supposed to be the defenders of values of what is supposed to be a western democracy, the only bastion of morals in middle east with the "the most moral army in the world".
I am not disputing anything you say about hamas.

But I will always blame the citizens of a free society over their political choices much more than the citizens of a society run by thugs and where citizens who vote and participate in political life do so under the threat of violence.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Today, the Committee of Ministers for Legislative Affairs will present a bill with a depressing title: "The Authority for the Development of the Negev and the Galilee, the definition of the Negev". This is a full annexation law which basically means that all the settlements and outposts that are below the black line on the map will be included under the Negev and Galilee Development Authority and will be budgeted accordingly.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
From wiki

Election plagued by a series of manipulations and hamas using militias for intimidation purposes. It sounds very free and very fair.
This is the full section from the source cited by Wikipedia for the above:

At the time I recall hearing them described as the freest and fairest elections that an Arab population had ever organized and participated in.

Super Hans