Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Sparkasse doesn't equal Germany.
In diesem ganz besonderen Fall, eigentlich schon. Um es ganz klar zu sagen, rede ich nicht von den Deutschen sondern von der deutschen Regierung.

Germany's official stance in this conflict has been appalling and utterly shameful. From cancelling Palestinian or pro-Palestinian artists and intellectuals, to forbidding pro-Palestine protests, to methodically suppressing any kind of meaningful public debate about the topic, to drastically increasing weapons sales to Israel after 10/7, to the pathetic posturing before the ICJ. The hysteria and will to label any criticism toward Israel as anti-semitic that took place after the legitimate outrage caused by 10/7 was a sight to behold. No other West European or Western country, for that matter, went that far. Not the US, not the UK, not even France.

I won't even talk about the outrageously one-sided mainstream media coverage which is only second to the Israeli's. I mean, even the US or the UK media aren't that biased, and to Israel's credit, Haaretz still has a voice.

History will, once again, remember Germany for all the wrong reasons. Repenting and atoning for a genocide doesn't mean condoning and supporting another one.

Last edited:

Idxomer

Idxomer

I also have no doubt there are countless cases like this. It's not just people under the rubble who aren't counted among the killed but also the ones who have been summarily executed.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
In marked contrast to the quoted poll from Pew, which showed +4 net acceptance of Israel's tactics, this new one from Gallup shows a substantial -19 net acceptance from the population including a super-majority -57 from Dems.

Polling seems broken, not just for presidential, but also issue. Possible causes?

1. Wording:
"The way Israel is carrying out its response to Hamas' Oct 7 attack is [not/acceptable]"
vs
"Do you dis/approve of military action Israel has taken in Gaza"

(first qs reference Oct 7 and Hamas, second references Gaza)

2. Timing - this second poll was after that aid/flour massacre which frankly I've forgotten, since they repeated it almost every day afterwards, but maybe got more play on mainstream coverage and influenced people.

But still the massive divergence from +4 to -19 suggests something is fundamentally broken with polling.

Sweet Square

The Deputy Speaker of the Knesset. Member of the Foreign Affairs and Security Committee.

Google translation - Erase Gaza. Nothing else will satisfy us. It is not acceptable that we have a terrorist authority next to Israel. Do not leave a child there to expel all the remaining ones at the end, so that they will not have a resurrection.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
The Deputy Speaker of the Knesset. Member of the Foreign Affairs and Security Committee.

Google translation - Erase Gaza. Nothing else will satisfy us. It is not acceptable that we have a terrorist authority next to Israel. Do not leave a child there to expel all the remaining ones at the end, so that they will not have a resurrection.
Wtf

"Noooo dont call it genocide"
*Calls for genocide*

Idxomer

If you want to follow the circus and fake drama between the US and Netanyahu, this account covers it well.

ScholesyTheWise

I think this tractor video is the worst i've seen yet.

@Idxomer to add context to the tweet, the ending of the hand-written letter of this commander, which is what the poster of the tweet translated, is actually a verse from the Bible (which I wasn't familiar with until now).

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

Not genocide though... right?

Idxomer

There seems to be two styles of Israeli propaganda. One for western audiences which is about counter terrorism/national security. The other is for Israeli audience(And government true intentions) which is pure genocidal.
This one could also be considered part of the 2nd type.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
There seems to be two styles of Israeli propaganda. One for western audiences which is about counter terrorism/national security. The other is for Israeli audience(And government true intentions) which is pure genocidal.
It's part of the MO. Generally, their English tweets tend to show them as the victim and defending themselves from 'barbarians' and playing up to their European-ness etc. Their Hebrew and Arabic tweets is pure genocidal and hate rhetoric.

The Corinthian

Clearly, yes.

He's also a powerless idiot who has no influence. There's no special power that comes with the deputy role, and he's one of nine deputies.
Whether they're powerless or have no influence really isn't the point though. Your cabinet is filled with people like him, and the environment is such that they're able to come out with vile rhetoric with no accountability. The fact that this isn't even an isolated tweet shows how rife this is among the political class in Israel - it's why this current government and any of their supporters need to dismantled. And it's not a new phenomenon - it's par for the course with successive cabinets as far as I can remember. If you want to focus on who has power and influence, well, we've seen similar rhetoric from Bibi, Herzog, Smotrich and ben Gvir (and a host of others) who all hold power and influence.

Idxomer

According to Channel 12 in Israel, their army is getting ready to invade Rafah in case the negotiations collapse.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
In diesem ganz besonderen Fall, eigentlich schon. Um es ganz klar zu sagen, rede ich nicht von den Deutschen sondern von der deutschen Regierung.

Germany's official stance in this conflict has been appalling and utterly shameful. From cancelling Palestinian or pro-Palestinian artists and intellectuals, to forbidding pro-Palestine protests, to methodically suppressing any kind of meaningful public debate about the topic, to drastically increasing the weapons sales to Israel after 10/7, to the pathetic posturing before the ICJ. The hysteria and will to label any criticism toward Israel as anti-semitic that took place after the legitimate outrage caused by 10/7 is a sight to behold. No other West European or Western country, for that matter, went that far. Not the US, not the UK, not even France.

I won't even talk about the absolutely one-sided mainstream media coverage which is only second to the Israeli's. I mean, even the US, the UK media aren't that biased, and to Israel's credit, Haaretz still has a voice.

History will, once again, remember Germany for all the wrong reasons. Repenting and atoning for a genocide doesn't mean condoning and supporting another one.
I don't disagree with any of that. All fair points. But you don't need to use the actions of a bank to as a stick to beat Germany with, there are enough valid ones lying around. I had so many heated discussions about this with my parents already, it borders on indoctrination

Idxomer

Which negotiations are those ? I believe the Israelis pulled their negotiators out of Doha yesterday.
Well, they don't have to be there to keep negotiating. It's what they said anyway.

Netanyahu apparently ordered 40000 tents from China.

Sweet Square

This one could also be considered part of the 2nd type.

They are more than happy to record it’s wars crimes. It’s so bizarre and disgusting to witness.

It's part of the MO. Generally, their English tweets tend to show them as the victim and defending themselves from 'barbarians' and playing up to their European-ness etc. Their Hebrew and Arabic tweets is pure genocidal and hate rhetoric.
They don’t seem to have realised or care that everyone can see this tactic.

Amir

Whether they're powerless or have no influence really isn't the point though. Your cabinet is filled with people like him, and the environment is such that they're able to come out with vile rhetoric with no accountability. The fact that this isn't even an isolated tweet shows how rife this is among the political class in Israel - it's why this current government and any of their supporters need to dismantled. And it's not a new phenomenon - it's par for the course with successive cabinets as far as I can remember. If you want to focus on who has power and influence, well, we've seen similar rhetoric from Bibi, Herzog, Smotrich and ben Gvir (and a host of others) who all hold power and influence.
The War Cabinet actually has no people like him.

I'm not really disputing most of what your said. Just making things a little more accurate.

Also, that Tweet was posted on October 9. I'm not sure why it was dragged up now.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
I don't disagree with any of that. All fair points. But you don't need to use the actions of a bank to as a stick to beat Germany with, there are enough valid ones lying around. I had so many heated discussions about this with my parents already, it borders on indoctrination
You're right, it was a lazy shortcut.

The Sparkasse's actions are still indicative of the general paranoia reigning in Germany when it comes to the Israel-Palestine conflict.

Last edited:

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Four very dangerous Hamas militants minding their own business and walking in broad daylight in the middle of the road, without any weapon, get hit by an Israeli drone strike. The injured sole survivor of the first strike is killed a few moments later by the same drone. The bodies are blurred but watch the footage at your own discretion.

#mostmoralarmyintheworld

Last edited:

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
A French-Israeli IDF soldier boasting about torturing Palestinian detainees. The now deleted video was uploaded by one of his relatives. There's a (justified) sense of impunity and license to do whatever they want that's never, ever been seen until now. War crimes and torture are not only filmed but also uploaded for all the world to see and they're proud of it. And no one bats an eyelid. It's absolutely incredible. The amount of hatred these videos are generating is hard to fathom and we will suffer the consequences.

#mostmoralarmyintheworld

Last edited:

Denis79

It has gotten so bad and so evil what the Israeli leadership and army are doing that I simply don't dare to watch anything coming out of Gaza, it is heartbreaking, angering, just too terrible.

A while back some drunk monsters in my home town beat and tortured a homeless man to death, afterwards they even urinated on him. This is the same kind of inhuman, monstrous evil and I can't watch anymore videos, read anymore reports, it is affecting me too much.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
It has gotten so bad and so evil what the Israeli leadership and army are doing that I simply don't dare to watch anything coming out of Gaza, it is heartbreaking, angering, just too terrible.

A while back some drunk monsters in my home town beat and tortured a homeless man to death, afterwards they even urinated on him. This is the same kind of inhuman, monstrous evil and I can't watch anymore videos, read anymore reports, it is affecting me too much.
Oh that's just vile and disturbing and so upsettong. I feel your pain too. I run two pubs in my home town and constantly have to deal with shitty and scummy humans, violence, weapons and just disgusting people who treat each other like absolute shit. It doesn't matter if they are drunk or sober half the time.

It really depresses me a lot and there are times I just want to give up. Thankfully I've got some great customers so I always try to think of them when others are upsetting me and try not to dwell on things too much because sadly, this isn't a nice world a lot of the time and a huge percentage of people are fecking nasty arseholes.

Denis79

Oh that's just vile and disturbing and so upsettong. I feel your pain too. I run two pubs in my home town and constantly have to deal with shitty and scummy humans, violence, weapons and just disgusting people who treat each other like absolute shit. It doesn't matter if they are drunk or sober half the time.

It really depresses me a lot and there are times I just want to give up. Thankfully I've got some great customers so I always try to think of them when others are upsetting me and try not to dwell on things too much because sadly, this isn't a nice world a lot of the time and a huge percentage of people are fecking nasty arseholes.
I'm guessing that in your line of work you get to see people's true colours.

Giggsyking

German journalist want a document from the UN written by the Israeli state as a proof of genocide intent. :lol:

The Corinthian

German journalist want a document from the UN written by the Israeli state as a proof of genocide intent. :lol:
The fact that his moronic question is prefaced with all Knesset members coming out with genocidal rhetoric, and then he's asking for a written document is absurd.