It

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
So it seems they are redoing Stephen King's It. I remember devouring the book over a couple of days and really looking forward to the miniseries. But it was pretty disappointing other than Tim Curry really doing a great job as Pennywise.

The Belch Huggins character was my next favourite....

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/13/it-movie-pennywise-first-look

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Interesting that they've gone for a mid-twenties Pennywise.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Is this definite now as I believe a couple of remakes were canned?

I found the book dragged a bit as each there was so many character and everytime something happened they all had their own incidence. Will still watch the film though as I'm scared of clowns.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Was the It (1990) miniseries any good?
Horribly dated and the main characters were all weak TV sorts. Same problem with The Stand miniseries although it was a little better. The Dark Tower with Idris Elba should be good though.

20solskjaer

Interesting that they've gone for a mid-twenties Pennywise.
One of the reasons for the choice was the direction they are going with the character, pennywise is a creation of the childrens imagination so he would be more childlike in appearance/age

Im not sold on the look yet, loved the original but he looks a little too scary from the off, he needs to appear (at first at least) to be appealing to children

LuisNaniencia

One of the reasons for the choice was the direction they are going with the character, pennywise is a creation of the childrens imagination so he would be more childlike in appearance/age

Im not sold on the look yet, loved the original but he looks a little too scary from the off, he needs to appear (at first at least) to be appealing to children
Even Ronald Mcdonald is terrifying to me!

hungrywing

You could kill Pennywise with a copy of the new paperback version. The thing is huge.

One of the reasons for the choice was the direction they are going with the character, pennywise is a creation of the childrens imagination so he would be more childlike in appearance/age...
That's an interesting idea.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

If this is structured in the same way (showing the main characters as children and adults) then it will add an interesting dynamic when he appears to be younger than them too. All depends on how well it's done I guess.

20solskjaer

If this is structured in the same way (showing the main characters as children and adults) then it will add an interesting dynamic when he appears to be younger than them too. All depends on how well it's done I guess.
Kind of, they're planning two films, the first will be the children, the second will be with the same characters as adults, the second will only happen if the first is a success, im guessing they will keep pennywise exactly the same for the second, would be intersting to see 40-45 year old men scared of a young looking clown from their childhood

They're also changing the setting for the film, it now takes place in the 80s

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah the fifties soundtrack wouldn't really work these days. Hopefully they are keeping Stephen King away from it too. He's a great writer but when he starts poking around the films and TV shows then things get bad.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
What they really should do is a remake of "The Stand", Stephen King's best work to date.

That shit would be epic as a huge HBO production.

spwd

Hope they do the book justice because the original was rubbish, absolutely love the book and was looking forward to it but then that came out lol.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
I'm not a fan of the 2nd part, much rather they just reworked the 1st part and add bits of them growing older into it. Lose the spider creature, and have Pennywise kill everyone.

RedRazor

on the radio
So excited about this. I'm glad they are tackling the novel in two parts starting with the children versus IT-the adult side of the story only coming if this one is successful. Hope they don't stray too far from the source material, but updating it to the Eighties may already do that. Still, I was an Eighties kid so maybe this will make it even better. Enjoyed TC's portrayal of Pennywise. Will be great to finally have a comparison, although even if Skarsgard is terrific, he will still struggle to dethrone Curry as king of the bad ass clowns.

What they really should do is a remake of "The Stand", Stephen King's best work to date.

Would be fantastic. Could see it happening if IT goes down well. So much potential. I did still enjoy the mini series (both IT and The Stand), but they were both lacking. In the right hands these could be some of the best tv ever.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"

I agree it's a great story, the ending was quite weak though however that's rarely Kings strongest part.

GBBQ

The mini series scared the crap out of me as a kid. Watched it again a few years ago (after finishing the book) and it has dated really badly.

Just so many of Stephen King's horror adaptations are done with crap budgets, it would be great to see it done with the financial backing and attention to detail that Green Mile / Shawshank Redemption was given.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
The last I heard, Mike Flanagan was directing. If that's still the case, then I'm interested

RedRazor

on the radio
They have to lose the giant bird as well. What the hell was that.
I can't see how they'd do this well-especially with the fluffy clown buttons, but wasn't the bird Mike's fear?
I think many people would find a giant bird terrifying.
I really hope they show some of the other kids who die in the novel. Some of them really got under my skin as a kid. Like the boy who is abused by his father, and seems a good kid but gets caught at the park. Oh, and Patrick and his fridge. That kid is worse than Bowers and Penny Wise. Can't believe I'd almost forgotten about that.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Movie haunted me like no other. Might have been because I was around 7-8 when I watched it, but still :nervous:
Watched it around that age as well, it was horrifying! :lol:
Me too, I must have been 6 or 7 and it scared the shite out of me. Watched it again recently and I have to admit, the opening score still spooked me a bit, but obviously most of it is ridiculous. Looking forward to the movie.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Me too, I must have been 6 or 7 and it scared the shite out of me. Watched it again recently and I have to admit, the opening score still spooked me a bit, but obviously most of it is ridiculous. Looking forward to the movie.
:lol:

I don't think I ever went back to watch it again. Either cause I'm still a shitless chicken :lol: or I was just scared that it was going to spoil the high esteem I hold that movie in.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
:lol:

I don't think I ever went back to watch it again. Either cause I'm still a shitless chicken :lol: or I was just scared that it was going to spoil the high esteem I hold that movie in.
Here you go @Ish , now go hide under the covers:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
So it seems they are redoing Stephen King's It. I remember devouring the book over a couple of days and really looking forward to the miniseries. But it was pretty disappointing other than Tim Curry really doing a great job as Pennywise.

The Belch Huggins character was my next favourite....

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/13/it-movie-pennywise-first-look
Aye, Tim Curry was ace. "They all float down here" still gives me chills. The rest of It was awful, though.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Its one of my favourite horror films (i say film) of all time. Tim Curry as Pennywise was immense. Some things that make that film:

• The shot of Pennywise in the clothes line spinning around.
  • The winking of the picture (i assume thats in the book, if not is brilliant idea)
  • The shot where they're reading the history book and it comes alive, Pennywise comes up to the book. Its just so well acted, the change to the anger in his face at the end is excellent.
Weird i've never read the book, i always assumed it would be ruined as i know the film so well.

*secretlybhopes someone tells me otherwise*.

Cant imagine this film will live up to the story and will just disappoint.

LuisNaniencia

I can't see how they'd do this well-especially with the fluffy clown buttons, but wasn't the bird Mike's fear?
I think many people would find a giant bird terrifying.
I really hope they show some of the other kids who die in the novel. Some of them really got under my skin as a kid. Like the boy who is abused by his father, and seems a good kid but gets caught at the park. Oh, and Patrick and his fridge. That kid is worse than Bowers and Penny Wise. Can't believe I'd almost forgotten about that.
I just remember reading it as a kid and even then I thought the bird bit was just stupid. I agree with the poster who said above that it should just be the clown killing everyone.