It

Drifter

American
Really looking forward to this.Having read the book was disappointed by the TV version. A lot was left out.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Looks quite weak as horrors go judging by the trailer.

cyberman

I don't like it. There's a warmth to the original due to its budget and constraints and this looks like it's full of jumpscares.
The fecking plague of modern horror.

Womp

idiot
Remaking It would be similar to remaking Jaws. Just won't be the same, no matter how good

spwd

Looks promising from the trailer, Pennywise looks better than I thought he would, thought the still pic of him was a bit disappointing but looks scarier in the trailer.

JoaquinJoaquin

Trailer looks really good actually. The original will take some beating but i'm not going to think about that when I watch this new one.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
The trailer makes it look like an expensive remaster of the original film, employing the full repertoire of modern horror techniques (cliches). I feel the original, for all it's flaws, works partly because of that bleak, eerie tv movie aesthetic, it's like a nightmare vision of the Wonder Years.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
The trailer makes it look like an expensive remaster of the original film, employing the full repertoire of modern horror techniques (cliches). I feel the original, for all it's flaws, works partly because of that bleak, eerie tv movie aesthetic, it's like a nightmare vision of the Wonder Years.
Isn't it hard to make a horror without clichés though? Jump scares for example, I can't think of a horror movie without them.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Can everyone stop saying the original was a 'film'...it wasn't.

The dubious merits of incessant remakes is a pertinent issue, but this is at least something with a vaguely plausible reason to exist. Cutting the two stories in half being the main one.

Think this looks decent myself. But you can never tell from trailers really.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Yeah the fifties soundtrack wouldn't really work these days. Hopefully they are keeping Stephen King away from it too. He's a great writer but when he starts poking around the films and TV shows then things get bad.
Oh, come on now. King's own adaptation of The Shining was fantastic! :lol:

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Isn't it hard to make a horror without clichés though? Jump scares for example, I can't think of a horror movie without them.
The originally filmed version doesn't rely on them if I remember correctly but It's more the strobing Jacob's Ladder effect that Saw ran into the ground, that Guillermo Latin gothic design that is so ubiquitous and the overall James Wan aesthetic that make it feel very familiar - from the trailer at least. It looks fine but like everything else. Maybe part of the problem is that the 90's film still has a unique feel to it.

pauldyson1uk

Can everyone stop saying the original was a 'film'...it wasn't.

The dubious merits of incessant remakes is a pertinent issue, but this is at least something with a vaguely plausible reason to exist. Cutting the two stories in half being the main one.

Think this looks decent myself. But you can never tell from trailers really.
Fair point , 2 feature length episode of a 2 part mini series.
I did read that they were doing the same with this one.

evil_geko

It looks great, and it's not a remake, it is straight book adaptation, in the first movie, only good thing was Tim Curry, so it won't be very hard to surpass it. First movie had tons of stuff left out that was in the book also, I only remember it fondly because I watched it at young age and it stuck with me, but quality of movie itself is pretty bad.

Can't wait for this!

Yagami

Good post resistant
Wasn't too bothered about this but after watching the trailer I'm officially aboard the hype train. The child actors look like they did a good job.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The " 2:16 when you ....... " comments on the trailer (YouTube) are great. :lol:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The book was really good apart from that one bit at the end which wouldn't ever be included in a movie and was just bizarre.

I'm talking about when the 11 year old losers take it in turn to have sex with Beverley for absolutely no reason. It was just the dirty old man bit of King's imagination being added in

John_Jensen

The book was really good apart from that one bit at the end which wouldn't ever be included in a movie and was just bizarre.

I'm talking about when the 11 year old losers take it in turn to have sex with Beverley for absolutely no reason. It was just the dirty old man bit of King's imagination being added in

It was to (crudely) symbolise the forced and conscious end of childhood