Italian Serie A 2017/18

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Dont want to doubt in DV honesty but why on earth he would wish to feck over his future club, being pro or not.
Being able to secure deals outside the transfer window always makes scenarios like these a possibility, which doesn't sit right with me. Not doubting his integrity, but I can't imagine DV would have been in the best head space to play the game.

paulscholes18

Inzaghi showing his inexperience there, no need to change anything they were in control until taking Immobile off for Lukaku

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Fantastic season for Serie A and it should only get better in the next few years.

De Vrij shouldn't have played today

R'hllor

Being able to secure deals outside the transfer window always makes scenarios like these a possibility, which doesn't sit right with me. Not doubting his integrity, but I can't imagine DV would have been in the best head space to play the game.
I wouldnt play him, doubting his integrity or not, feck that, wouldnt trust him even if he was my son, future team losing = no CL, so in what kind of state are you there naa

That was braindead. Who goes into a tackle like that in the penalty box? Shouldnt have played
Agree

vangagal

You play the best football along with Napoli and score the most goals, yet you finish in the Europa League :lol:. Well-done Lazio!

Inter are back in the Champions League after 6 years.
Lazio doesnt know what defending is all season.:lol:

Haven't watched a Serie A game in yonks, one thing that hasn't changed is those cheeky Italian cameramen showing the beauties in the crowd during the game. :lol:
Thats the best bit about Serie-A. Always love to see it since 90's those beauties.:lol:

ZAGREB RED

What a great game to finish off the Serie A season, absolutely breathless from start to finish, two teams going for it, although maybe Lazio messed up by shutting up shop a bit early before things turned on the red card and the penalty. Not a game for the Lazio fans to enjoy ultimately, but excellent viewing for neutrals.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
That De Vrij definitely wanted to play in CL didn't he. Dumb fecker probably assumed Inter were already in it when he signed before checking the table. :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Inzaghi showing his inexperience there, no need to change anything they were in control until taking Immobile off for Lukaku
Immobile went off because he couldn't play anymore

De Vrij had a great game, people blaming him for a last ditch desperate tackle ffs :wenger:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Immobile went off because he couldn't play anymore

De Vrij had a great game, people blaming him for a last ditch desperate tackle ffs :wenger:
He shouldn't have played because of what a mistake like that means and the controversy it will cause, not because of how he played.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He shouldn't have played because of what a mistake like that means and the controversy it will cause, not because of how he played.
Manager spoke with him about it, decided he was good to play. And he was

Don't expect much controversy over it honestly. Some, but mostly lazy and half-assed. He didn't make much of a mistake. It's either make a tackle and hope it goes well, or stay put and hope Icardi fecks up the first touch. Not much of a choice

Kapardin

Mamma Mia, Lazio.

Love Spalletti though. Man's a winner and it was inevitable he would get Inter back on track. Though I am afraid they might find it hard in the CL with that squad bar Icardi and Handanovic.

KC91

Mamma Mia, Lazio.

Love Spalletti though. Man's a winner and it was inevitable he would get Inter back on track. Though I am afraid they might find it hard in the CL with that squad bar Icardi and Handanovic.
I expect they will be heavily involved in the transfer market.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
I thought they were being restricted by FFP so they can't spend much.
It's all about the Suning plans and Chinese government restrictions, FFP rules can be easily bypassed with rich sponsorship deals as PSG/City have done in all these years.
The Suning politic is to make Inter a self-financed club, they closed several sponsorship deals increasing the revenues for about 33% in the last balance even without the CL money, they need time and more experience, know-how of management in football to make it.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Ancelotti will most likely take over at Napoli, if Sarri leaves for Chelsea/Zenit. It'll be annoying to see him coach a different team in the Serie A again but I doubt he would have done better than what Gattuso did with Milan this season.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
In other news, Pepe Reina, Paolo Cannavaro and Salvatore Aronica have all been accused of maintaining inappropriate relations with the Italian mafia :lol:
The FIGC will decide in the coming days what to do about this.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Pirlo's tribute game on right now. 2 minutes in 1-0 blue, Sheva

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Quagliarella scores, doesn't celebrate out of respect for his time playing for the white team

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal

paulscholes18

Could be the winner that Napoli need to get them over the line, Sarri to Chelsea in the next couple of days/weeks then

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Not really a surprise, tbh. Football and Mafia are heavily linked in Italy. The latter use the former to make business and get new followers.

Do you remember "Genny 'a carogna? He is a Napoli ultras and a gangster himself.

Juventus ultras and 'ndrangheta are also heavy linked.
Carrying on from Juve and ’Ndrangheta, Iaquinta might go to prison for 6 years, and his father might be sent away for 19 years. He was indicted in December 2015, and if found guilty, this will be quite the story.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Samuel Eto'o had a 4 hour meeting in Rome with some Lazio reps. A 37 year old Eto'o will hardly set the league on fire but Lazio are planning on replacing Nani with him :wenger:

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Napoli has started following Balotelli on Instagram, his being one of only 62 accounts they follow. He has often been linked with a move to Napoli, as his daughter Pia lives in Naples with his ex-girlfriend. Could be a smart move considering he'll be a free agent in a few days.

Hojoon

Napoli has started following Balotelli on Instagram, his being one of only 62 accounts they follow. He has often been linked with a move to Napoli, as his daughter Pia lives in Naples with his ex-girlfriend. Could be a smart move considering he'll be a free agent in a few days.
I was convinced he and Gotze would be challenging for Ballon d'Or 5-6 years ago. That's life and especially football though, there are no guarantees about the future.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Samuel Eto'o had a 4 hour meeting in Rome with some Lazio reps. A 37 year old Eto'o will hardly set the league on fire but Lazio are planning on replacing Nani with him :wenger:
He is not even a winger and he is way past it. Lazio are crazy if they pull out a signing like this one. He is also a very greedy player so he is gonna demand a lot of money.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
FINALLY...

The Naples Public Prosecutor has opened a cognitive file on Juventus. According to a complaint filed in recent weeks by the lawyer Angelo Pisani (who in the past has dealt with the legal affairs of Diego Maradona in Italy), jUVENTUS Club would unlawfully advertise 36 badges won, since one was revoked by the court sport (2004/2005 championship) and another (2005/2006) was assigned to Inter after Calciopoli.

Also according to Corriere del Mezzogiorno, the dossier was awarded to pm Danilo De Simone, who is part of the "stadium crime" pool coordinated by the addition Rosa Volpe. The complaint alleged that there were several irregularities, from misleading advertising on the site and the Stadium to the adjoining, since Juventus is a publicly traded company. The first node to be dissolved will be that of territorial jurisdiction to deepen the case, since Juve is based in Turin