Italian Serie A 2018-19

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Juventus win it in the end, despite a very poor display in the second half. Can't see them going through in the Champions League.

izec

How on earth were they in a natural position :houllier:
Jump for the header and see where your arms end up. You either never jumped in your life or you are trolling. I have never seen someone jump and his arms glued to his body, we are atill bot robots yet. Add to that the short distance, and the decision is a joke

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
You need some help with your Ronaldo agenda. Bernadushi was screaming at Ronaldo for not playing him through down the right.
My Ronaldo agenda?

You talk more about him than me ffs. Manage to be worse about it than Rafael Nadal :lol:

Years after years of the same shit, it’s unhealthy mate.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
72 points after 26 games, still unbeaten and on course to beat the points record but with this type of football it’s painful.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Jump for the header and see where your arms end up. You either never jumped in your life or you are trolling
The ball went behind him, he turned with his arms out wide as he was moving towards the ball. Don’t really see much of a problem with the decision to be honest.

Our interpretation of the rules obviously differ so whatever man. I’m not arguing. I though it was a reasonable call to give a penalty.

wr8_utd

:'(
My Ronaldo agenda?

You talk more about him than me ffs. Manage to be worse about it than Rafael Nadal :lol:

Years after years of the same shit, it’s unhealthy mate.
You said I saw a play that didn't happen. If you got your head out of Ronaldo's arse you'd realize that play did happen. Bernardeschi was clean through down the right hand side and was screaming for the ball and Ronaldo ignored him and kept the ball and Bernardeschi was screaming at him for not passing it. It's not really my fault if you can't see what's happening on the pitch.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
We have been playing awfull for at least a month. Napoli much better than juve today. Still, the penalty was never a penalty, and koulibaly should have been sent off.

Also, disgraceful from Napoli that when chiellini threw the ball out because dybala was on the floor, they didn't give it back. Sore losers.

wr8_utd

Juventus win it in the end, despite a very poor display in the second half. Can't see them going through in the Champions League.
Really can't see them coming back vs Atleti unless they drastically improve. They're not making use of Ronaldo at all. He makes runs that no one sees, Dybala is off form and doesn't even start games all the times and their midfield looks poor. Atleti will have to be extremely poor or Juve absolutely amazing for them to go through here.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
Really can't see them coming back vs Atleti unless they drastically improve. They're not making use of Ronaldo at all. He makes runs that no one sees, Dybala is off form and doesn't even start games all the times and their midfield looks poor. Atleti will have to be extremely poor or Juve absolutely amazing for them to go through here.
For not being used at all being the leading scorer and assister of the league is pretty impressive.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
You said I saw a play that didn't happen. If you got your head out of Ronaldo's arse you'd realize that play did happen. Bernardeschi was clean through down the right hand side and was screaming for the ball and Ronaldo ignored him and kept the ball and Bernardeschi was screaming at him for not passing it. It's not really my fault if you can't see what's happening on the pitch.
That’s not what you said had happened and the fact you brought it up the way you did says it all really.

It’s pathetic. Nothing new either... if it makes you feel better then you can keep it up.

wr8_utd

That’s not what you said had happened and the fact you brought it up the way you did says it all really.

It’s pathetic. Nothing new either... if it makes you feel better then you can keep it up.
Probably when he had a really simple pass to put Bernadeschi through on goal and didn't bother.
That's what I said. Simple pass? Yes. To put Bernadeschi through on goal? Yes.
It wasn't directed at you either. Someone asked when was the last time Ronaldo touched the ball and I mentioned it but ofcourse you can't handle something that looks or sounds remotely like something being said against Ronaldo.

wr8_utd

For not being used at all being the leading scorer and assister of the league is pretty impressive.
He's got the goals because Ronaldo is world class. He still be could used much better than he is. He was starved off all service today.

MrEleson

The ball went behind him, he turned with his arms out wide as he was moving towards the ball. Don’t really see much of a problem with the decision to be honest.

Our interpretation of the rules obviously differ so whatever man. I’m not arguing. I though it was a reasonable call to give a penalty.
The decision was scandalous. No shape or form that was a penalty. Koulibably should have saw red at the end then too. The ref was atrocious.

wr8_utd

What exactly is he supposed to do in that position? The ball was blasted at him from a yard out and unless he loses a limb, there's no way he can get his hand out of the way. It was a terrible decision and justice was served with Insinge missing it.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
That's what I said. Simple pass? Yes. To put Bernadeschi through on goal? Yes.
It wasn't directed at you either. Someone asked when was the last time Ronaldo touched the ball and I mentioned it but ofcourse you can't handle something that looks or sounds remotely like something being said against Ronaldo.
He wasn’t through on goal at all... you lied, for obvious reasons. And it obviously was a rhetorical question... which you obviously know too. If it was something random it would be understandable but it’s years and years of the same shit. Aren’t you tired already?

At least it’s not as bad as it gets in the tennis threads.

wr8_utd

He wasn’t through on goal at all... you lied, for obvious reasons. And it obviously was a rhetorical question... which you obviously know too. If it was something random it would be understandable but it’s years and years of the same shit. Aren’t you tired already?

At least it’s not as bad as it gets in the tennis threads.
He had no one marking him and was clean through and he'd have gotten off a shot. I've not even criticized Ronaldo in today's match thread and he made one poor decision and it was clearly a poor decision because even Bernadeschi was yelling at him for not making it. He made a poor choice, everyone does it once ina a while, it's nothing to lose your shit over. "Professional Ronaldo PR Guy" sounds about right for you.

Berbaclass

What exactly is he supposed to do in that position? The ball was blasted at him from a yard out and unless he loses a limb, there's no way he can get his hand out of the way. It was a terrible decision and justice was served with Insinge missing it.
The point is obviously his arms shouldn’t be in that position in the first place. Naive from Sandro.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
He had no one marking him and was clean through and he'd have gotten off a shot. I've not even criticized Ronaldo in today's match thread and he made one poor decision and it was clearly a poor decision because even Bernadeschi was yelling at him for not making it. He made a poor choice, everyone does it once ina a while, it's nothing to lose your shit over. "Professional Ronaldo PR Guy" sounds about right for you.
I’m not criticizing you for that one comment, I’m criticizing you for years of the same shite... it’s beyond pathetic.

You know exactly why you wrote that comment and I know it too, pretending otherwise just makes it worse. You don’t want to own up to it that’s fine.

wr8_utd

I’m not criticizing you for that one comment, I’m criticizing you for years of the same shite... it’s beyond pathetic.

You know exactly why you wrote that comment and I know it too, pretending otherwise just makes it worse. You don’t want to own up to it that’s fine.
I dislike Ronaldo and I don't think he's GOAT at all and like you said I've been calling him out about things for years which is EXACTLY why if I wanted to be criticizing him for the heck of it, I'd not need to "pretend" to do it. I'd just do it outright.
I didn't criticize him at any point today except for the poor ball and if anything I've said he deserves better service than he got today. I absolutely don't see your point with regards to my comment today. You've just seen something said against Ronaldo and as always rushed to his defense.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Serie A refs are unusually strict when it comes to handballs in the box. That wouldn’t have been called a penalty anywhere else.

wr8_utd

The point is obviously his arms shouldn’t be in that position in the first place. Naive from Sandro.
I just think slowly it down makes it look worse than it is. When you see it in real time, it really is not a penalty. I really found it an awful decision.

wr8_utd

Serie A refs are unusually strict when it comes to handballs in the box. That wouldn’t have been called a penalty anywhere else.
This. It was just a really poor decision and almost as bad as the one Fiorentina got last weekend vs Inter.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I dislike Ronaldo and I don't think he's GOAT at all and like you said I've been calling him out about things for years which is EXACTLY why if I wanted to be criticizing him for the heck of it, I'd not need to "pretend" to do it. I'd just do it outright.
I didn't criticize him at any point today except for the poor ball and if anything I've said he deserves better service than he got today. I absolutely don't see your point with regards to my comment today. You've just seen something said against Ronaldo and as always rushed to his defense.
Finally, we’re making some progress here... now why do you think you feel so strongly about translating that dislike to a continuous flow of propaganda when it comes to his footballing abilities?

That’s my problem with it. Plenty of people criticize Ronaldo, very few do what you do though. If I replied every time someone criticized Ronaldo I’d have 100 times the posts I have now...

wr8_utd

Finally, we’re making some progress here... now why do you think you feel so strongly about translating that dislike to a continuous flow of propaganda when it comes to his footballing abilities?

That’s my problem with it. Plenty of people criticize Ronaldo, very few do what you do though. If I replied every time someone criticized Ronaldo I’d have 100 times the posts I have now...
I honestly criticize Suarez 10x more than I do Ronaldo :lol:
Despite my dislike of Ronaldo, I still think he's one of the GOATs but just not better than Messi. I may dislike him but I absolute respect him as one of the greatest ever.
Do I find it strange than people think Ronaldo is better than Messi? Yes but I know he's an absolutely amazing footballer himself and one of the greatest I'll ever watch play.

Berbaclass

I just think slowly it down makes it look worse than it is. When you see it in real time, it really is not a penalty. I really found it an awful decision.
I’ll admit it could be considered harsh but I think now we have VAR the question of how it looks in real time etc. doesn’t really matter anymore because it’s able to be looked at in detail afterwards.

I do agree with the post saying that Série A is more strict with handball but it must obviously be a referee thing and what they have been told what to allow and what not to allow.

I don’t think he made the wrong decision. I think it’s moronic to do that when Sandro knew he was in the box and that he was close to the ball.

Like I’ve said he gave the referee a decision to make and it’s his own fault for not being more careful where he positioned himself/his arms.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
The handball rule needs a change really, depends way too much on the criteria of the referee.

B & W

Supports
Juventus Turin
More than half a season and still he doesn't have a clue on how to play with Ronaldo in his team.
With Ronaldo, with Dybala, with Costa, with Bernardeschi, with Cancelo, with Alex Sandro, with Can, with all men on the pitch.

B & W

Supports
Juventus Turin
Juventus can win against Atleti. When they have to win and so they have to play fearless they can won against everybody. The problem is that, when they have more than an option, they always choose to stay back waiting that someone scores a goal to win. This is possible in Serie A, not possible in CL. Allegri must go as soon as possible.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Juve haven’t scored 4 goals in a match once all season. If Atlético score once then they need 4.

It’s not impossible but it’s as tough as it gets.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
This. It was just a really poor decision and almost as bad as the one Fiorentina got last weekend vs Inter.
You mean Premier league refs aren't the worst in history?!!:eek:;)

Anyway this is problem, VAR is still open to human interpretation and we've seen with these last two calls the wrong call is still being made far too often.

This was similar to Chambers v West Brom last season, yes it hits the hand but far too quick and close range for him to do anything about it.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Indeed. They are going through a bad spell and while it is not a problem in the league, it's completely different in the Champions League.

Yagami

Good post resistant
No talk about the Derby della Capitale?!? This place...

Well it was suprisingly one sided with Lazio spanking ASR 3-0.. Pastore had a "must score" chance at 1-0, their only worth mention, put it wide and minutes later Correa pulled through the Roma defence and was taken down by Fazio. 2-0 Immobile and 3-0(a great goal) by Cataldi..

Without Manolas Roma looked lost at the back and they don't have much in the playmaking either.. For example Mata would do wonders behind Dzeko if he was to leave us in the summer..
A bit late, I know, but yep, I did! T'was an alright game.

Luis Alberto is just brilliant. Bastos had a Jekyll and Hyde game. Some moments of great skill and defending, then some right cockups. It's a shame to see Pastore struggling as, at his best, he was one of my favourite players. And you can definitely see the talent in Zaniolo. Roma had an off day but he was still very impressive.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Di Francesco sacked by Roma after being knocked out of CL.

Feels like they've been in a flux for most of this season.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
He should be livid at that referee. Literally cost him the job.

He isn’t a bad manager but it was probably the right time to part ways.