Italian Serie A - 2020-2021

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
What a chance that was at the end. Lucky Milan
Yeah, they've been able to get away with 3 points without 2 of their best players (Ibra & Kjaer). Having said that, they did fairly well on both ends of the pitch even though they didn't have as much of a goalscoring threat. When Hauge came on, they looked way better as he offered more of a direct threat than Brahim Diaz did. Milan also missed Bennacer tonight, but Sampdoria sitting back did play into Tonali's hands as he got the time and space needed to spray his passes. Having said that, Bennacer's greater vision and better dribbling makes him more of a midfield threat.

Last 30 seconds:

stankovic

Supports
inter
Not the best atmosphere in Atalanta's camp ahead of tonight's decisive CL match. Appearently Papu attemtped to hit Gasperini during a heated argument in the halftime of Midtyilland's game last week, with Ilicic also taking his side. Gasperini tried to resign after the episode, but the board has rejected the move.
Also a few other players seem to currently have kind of a chilly relationship with the coach.
Possibly we may be in for an abrupt end for Atalanta's fairytale, as even in the most optimistic scenario Gasp will be gone by the end of the season.

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
Hi everybody, this is my 1st post in this forum. I'm an italian guy and I am a FC Inter supporter.
I chose this nickname because I loved this classy argentinian midfielder who played both Inter and Man Utd.

I know I am only a guest here, but I've always considered Man Utd one of the biggest club in Europe, I still remember the quarter finals in 1999 (we had Ronaldo, Zanetti, Baggio but that MU was a legendary team) and I've strongly hoped we could face in the EL final last year (Damned Sevilla!:D)

I decided to register here because I want to keep my english well trained (please correct me if I make some kind of mistakes) and, obviously, to talk about football (I think I'm going to write only in this topic anyway).
Glad to answer to anyone who wants to chat about italian serie A...

Bye, JSVeron!

Gibb11

Hi everybody, this is my 1st post in this forum. I'm an italian guy and I am a FC Inter supporter.
I chose this nickname because I loved this classy argentinian midfielder who played both Inter and Man Utd.

I know I am only a guest here, but I've always considered Man Utd one of the biggest club in Europe, I still remember the quarter finals in 1999 (we had Ronaldo, Zanetti, Baggio but that MU was a legendary team) and I've strongly hoped we could face in the EL final last year (Damned Sevilla!:D)

I decided to register here because I want to keep my english well trained (please correct me if I make some kind of mistakes) and, obviously, to talk about football (I think I'm going to write only in this topic anyway).
Glad to answer to anyone who wants to chat about italian serie A...

Bye, JSVeron!
Welcome! Whats your current thoughts on Inter and your views on Conte, the squad and the future?

RashyForPM

Not the best atmosphere in Atalanta's camp ahead of tonight's decisive CL match. Appearently Papu attemtped to hit Gasperini during a heated argument in the halftime of Midtyilland's game last week, with Ilicic also taking his side. Gasperini tried to resign after the episode, but the board has rejected the move.
Also a few other players seem to currently have kind of a chilly relationship with the coach.
Possibly we may be in for an abrupt end for Atalanta's fairytale, as even in the most optimistic scenario Gasp will be gone by the end of the season.
:lol: I thought Gasperini was just a charming old man who everyone loves, and who plays lovely, attacking, high pressing football. Honestly though, Papu and Ilicic are the stars next to Zapata, but trying to and condoning someone hitting the coach? If Bruno and Rashford (touch wood, and it’ll never happen as they’re good lads) did that, I’d be pressing for them to leave the club right that moment. What do the Atalanta fans think? Very intrigued.

piesel

:lol: I thought Gasperini was just a charming old man who everyone loves, and who plays lovely, attacking, high pressing football. Honestly though, Papu and Ilicic are the stars next to Zapata, but trying to and condoning someone hitting the coach? If Bruno and Rashford (touch wood, and it’ll never happen as they’re good lads) did that, I’d be pressing for them to leave the club right that moment. What do the Atalanta fans think? Very intrigued.
Looks can be deceiving, he's always been an hot head.

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
Welcome! Whats your current thoughts on Inter and your views on Conte, the squad and the future?
Hi!!! I (almost try) to:D forget the time Conte spent in Juventus side (as a player before and manager later) and support him as long as he is our manager (many many fans want him to be sacked instead) By the way... I think he is a very good manager and he can make the player perform at their best. Last season Inter played very well some matches and, imho, we deserved to win at least one trophy, but we did not because we’ve missed too many chanches of scoring goals... we haven’t been cynics enough.

The chinese owner are working well the squad is strong, we have some talented players and if we find our best teamplay, we have chanches to win the league. We started this season slow but I feel optimistic (But I think we are going to be out of UCL tonight)

I’d say we are living similar years... we were both strong teams and we are now trying to get great again

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Inter losing 1-0 to Cagliari away and they're playing with Darmian, Lukaku and Sanchez, with Young on the bench.

Shudders
They wasted numerous chances.
Lukaku 2x
Perisic 1x
Bastoni 1x
Barrella 1x
Alexis 1x (more a great save by the keeper)

Should have been at least 2-3:0 before Cagliari scored

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Fortunatamente per loro Barella è un crack :lol:

Barella is 70% of their team

marktan

Fortunatamente per loro Barella è un crack :lol:

Barella is 70% of their team
He's a classy little player. Always stands out. Conte really should've filled that squad with more younger talent around him rather than over 30s, but can't say I'm complaining with what he's taken off of United

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
The difference in quality between top 5 vs bottom 5 teams is staggering.
Could have easily been 6:0-7:0 for Inter

FrenchToastMafia

Supports
Celtic
Crazy how well Ibrahimovic is doing despite his age, this season. Always really enjoyed watching him play. Should’ve won the CL at least once.

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
Tough win 4 us.

It happened what I wrote last wednesday once again... we miss too many chances.
Luckily this time we’ ve been good enough to overturn

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
From the little I've seen, Juve have been a bit unlucky.
Watched last 30 minutes and Genoa keeper made an amazing save from Ronaldo header. Then one of their defenders made a terrible challenge on Cuadrado to gift a penalty.

Think Juve ended up with about 12 shots on target so would've been travesty to not win that. Genoa will be lucky to finish 17th.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Meeelan hits the bar twice in 5 seconds :lol:

paulscholes18

AC Milan are quite unlucky to be going in 1-0 down, after hitting the woodwork 3 times

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not watching but can see Yordan Osorio playing for a big club in near future. Amazed he didn't get much of a chance at Porto and Parma seem to have kept a few clean sheets since he started playing.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

We're not even half way through the season and Juve have had about 12-13 goals ruled out by margins like this :lol:

This time it wasn't Morata though

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Watch Lukakus goal to make it 3

The ball boy behind the goal dives to the floor thinking the ball is bursting through the net

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
So Bryan Cristante was banned by Serie A for a game due to blasphemy. Apparently he swore after scoring an own goal and since there were no stadium noises the audience could hear it. Sounds really weird and nowadays nobody should be banned for blasphemy, I think. Does anybody know/can translate what he said?

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
So Bryan Cristante was banned by Serie A for a game due to blasphemy. Apparently he swore after scoring an own goal and since there were no stadium noises the audience could hear it. Sounds really weird and nowadays nobody should be banned for blasphemy, I think. Does anybody know/can translate what he said?
Those bans have been happening for 2 years now, I believe. I don't know what Cristante specifically said, but I'm guessing something along the lines of "God damn it." Mandragora was the first to be banned for this but he said something akin to an insult to Virgin Mary and God.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
Probably "porco Dio!"

Pig God.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
What the hell. And is there any outrage among fans around such bans or is it "commonly accepted"/deemed fair to ban players for such stuff?

I mean, I'd be up in arms if one of our players was banned for that.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
In the battle of the Inzaghi brothers, we've had one great volley per side. It's still 1-1, and the second half has been an even affair so far with both sides not so keen to open themselves up.

1-0 Lazio:

1-1 Benevento:

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Morata with one of the worst sequences I have ever seen from any footballer - professional or amateur :lol:

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Again :lol: Alcohol test for Morata please! :lol:

What is going on with him?