Italian Serie A - 2020-2021

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
As usual Sassuolo bowing down to Inter and Milan.
How is that usual? Sassuolorecord against Inter:
7 wins 2 draws 6 losses

Also 3 of those losses came in their first 3 meetings. Since then Sassuolo won 7/12 matches.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
So Juve will have one extra match with no time at all to play it and they'll have to play against a Napoli team missing no players due to Covid despite Juve already having lost a bunch of points because of their players having Covid. They're also not playing Rabiot today since he was suspended for the Napoli game which means he'll most likely end up missing two games for suspension despite only being suspended for one.

And meanwhile Inter are out of Europe with a free calendar ahead :lol:

Conte couldn't have made up a better scenario in his own head

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Juve 1-0 down after 3min
Yeah, and Juve defended that counter terribly. Bonucci and de Ligt were way too far apart, and Bonucci completely screwed up his positioning to allow Vlahovic to break through on goal. I'm surprised that they didn't respect his pace; Vlahovic is surprisingly speedy.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Cuadrado has been sent off for a terrible challenge on Castrovilli. Ramsey was subbed off soon after for Danilo, which Ramsey himself was unhappy about (he even kicked some water bottles in anger!).

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Cuadrado sent off now. I assume Ramsey subbed tactically?

Disaster for Juve if they lose this as Viola are a really poor team this year, were just two points above 18th at kick off.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Cuadrado sent off now. I assume Ramsey subbed tactically?
That's right. Cuadrado's their wing back, so Danilo had to come on. Ramsey was the easiest player to take out for that situation.

The match has gotten feistier, too. If there's any hard challenge on a Juventus player, the whole Juve team goes into an uproar in order to coax the ref into making a favourable decision for them. There was also a situation where Chiesa fouled Castrovilli, but the ref gave the decision in favour of Juve!

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
The match has gotten feistier, too. If there's any hard challenge on a Juventus player, the whole Juve team goes into an uproar in order to coax the ref into making a favourable decision for them.
About time they do that given what's happened this season. They end up every other match playing with 10 men and none of their opponents has been sent off despite a bunch of situations where it could have happened, that would be a lot different if they put pressure on the ref instead of letting the opponents do it

padr81

Supports
Man City
If Juve lose here and with the Napoli walkover having been taken away, it'll be a massive blow in the title race.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well, this is interesting. Alvaro Morata's coming off for former Fiorentina player Bernardeschi.

EDIT: I'm guessing that Juventus will play strikerless and look for Bernardeschi's dynamism to stretch Fiorentina's defence.

JSVeron

Supports
FC Internazionale Milano
Crotone’s Messias is one of the most interesting players in the league this year

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Offside goal and an opponent luckily escaping red card :lol:

Feels like it's happened in every single Juventus game this season

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well now, juventus getting screwed by a ref here? It truly is 2020 :lol:

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
:lol: this is incredible

Two penalties to call for Juve and one red card not given to Fiorentina

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bet Juve wished they'd cashed in on Alex Sandro a few years back.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just to recap, Fiorentina won two games all season, last on Oct 25th. Only scored 3 goals in the 8 games played since then before tonight.

Having some fun tonight though. :D

prateik

Pirlo is not having a great time ..

Milan clubs back at the top.. 2020 is fecking weird.

bakalhau

I've started watching Juve 3 years ago and it's quite impressive how they are so good at getting worse each year.

The manager appointments have been excellent, specially. Quality fellas there.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
The result has next to nothing to do with Juve, they haven't even played poorly. And Fiorentina haven't played well either

bakalhau

Of course, it's hard enough when you go down in the 3rd minute and playing with 10 men doesn't make it any easier. I mostly agree with your calls on the penalties as well.

I just don't hold any sort of hope for a turnaround, while in the other 2 years before I had a different sentiment. They played shitty football sometimes but I had a feeling they somehow always ended getting a result.

This year that feeling is gone and the football still sucks.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Been happening all season long
It's not :lol:

But this game was special yeah. Leaving Borja aside, i don't think it was bad enough to be a clear second yellow, but the two penalties were hilarious :lol:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Really bad day for Juve this, doubt they will make up the ground lost to Milan and Inter now.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Of course, it's hard enough when you go down in the 3rd minute and playing with 10 men doesn't make it any easier. I mostly agree with your calls on the penalties as well.

I just don't hold any sort of hope for a turnaround, while in the other 2 years before I had a different sentiment. They played shitty football sometimes but I had a feeling they somehow always ended getting a result.

This year that feeling is gone and the football still sucks.
They're playing better football, just been getting constantly screwed by the refs and defensively they're worse with all the injuries they've had there.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They're playing better football, just been getting constantly screwed by the refs and defensively they're worse with all the injuries they've had there.
Ok i have to ask, when have they been screwed by the refs? Other than today, sure, today was a clusterfeck

That aside yeah, they've been kinda great in recent weeks. But this is the way this season is going to be. Nobody's gonna look great several weeks in a row, injuries and fatigue will make sure of it

bakalhau

I just can't quite put my finger on it, some games they play well and then in so many others they look completely void of any dynamic attacking football.

I don't know man. I hope things get better somehow.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
It's not :lol:

But this game was special yeah. Leaving Borja aside, i don't think it was bad enough to be a clear second yellow, but the two penalties were hilarious :lol:
It has though, a few weeks ago against Torino the ref was worse than today.

99% of refs give that second yellow to Borja when the opposing teams is playing with 10 men. I know that's not a rule but it's how it usually works

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Really bad day for Juve this, doubt they will make up the ground lost to Milan and Inter now.
Milan vs Juve is in two matchdays and Inter vs Juve is in four matchdays.

They either make a big statement or they could be out of the title race soon

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Folks, everyone and their dog want a different winner at last, and Serie A badly needs to sell its TV rights as high as possible to make for the Covid losses... so enjoy this half cinema, half wrestling season. Merry Christmas y’all!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Folks, everyone and their dog want a different winner at last, and Serie A badly needs to sell its TV rights as high as possible to make for the Covid losses... so enjoy this half cinema, half wrestling season. Merry Christmas y’all!
It's 2020, after all. Every sporting accomplishment associated with seasons/tournaments starting this year will have an asterisk on them.