Italian Serie A - 2020-2021

abundance

Supports
Inter
"getting constantly screwed by the refs" is bianconeri lingo for "not having referees lapping our ass every week for once"

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Juve fans complaining about the performance of the referee. Now I have seen it all. O tempora, o mores.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Another poor 1st half from Inter. Conte's plan A seems to be Long bals to Kaku.
But what's his plan B? :lol:
If they don't win the league this season conte needs to be sacked

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surprised Reina is starting every week for Lazio as I was under impression Strakosha was one of top rating keepers in Serie A. Guy did a decent job for us in survival last season after a couple of years on Milan's bench but could be one of the reasons for Lazio's average season as he unsurprisingly made a few errors early on for us and was dropped for Nyland which takes some doing.

Both Milan clubs will be at least 10 clear of Juve if AC Milan win this. Juve have that spare game v Napoli but overall shaping up to be very exciting second half of ther season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yes, Reina starting over strakosha is weird, strakosha is waaay better and reina is quite simply a bad keeper

Lazio dominant and in control after the 2-1, milan look slow and tired and struggling to get out of their box

KC91

Milan are actually a scary team when healthy if they continue carrying this belief.

I think they have a deeper squad than most thought coming into this season as well.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Milan are actually a scary team when healthy if they continue carrying this belief.

I think they have a deeper squad than most thought coming into this season as well.
Midfield is an issue. Tonight they were missing both Bennacer and Kessie and daaaamn but it showed. Lazio dominated the game completely until Inzaghi for some reason took out Immobile and Milinkovic :houllier:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
The January transfer window will be massive. Caveat is, nobody has money... only swaps or one-out one-ins.

KC91

Midfield is an issue. Tonight they were missing both Bennacer and Kessie and daaaamn but it showed. Lazio dominated the game completely until Inzaghi for some reason took out Immobile and Milinkovic :houllier:
Yeah, the midfield got dominated tonight, Tonali still needs quite a bit more time. I wonder if they'll be able to strengthen in January.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, the midfield got dominated tonight, Tonali still needs quite a bit more time. I wonder if they'll be able to strengthen in January.
Tonali struggled but the main issue was Krunic, who is just not good enough to play in a double pivot. Absence of Ibra was big as well of course, they couldn't get the ball out quickly to the forwards with long balls. Leao was great against sassuolo so of course tonight he was dogshite

Hauge really good when he came on, Kalulu looks good and Theo is an absolute monster.

Game changed first with the 2-0, and then again with the subs. Inzaghi threw it away

Also lazio's second goal deserves a gif. Gem of a pass by Milinkovic

DavidDeSchmikes

Davide Ballardini is back at Genoa for the 4th time. Genoa sacked Rolando Maran after 15 games in charge and are currently bottom.
7 managerial changes in 2 years (since Balladrini last managed Genoa in 2018)

abundance

Supports
Inter
Nice
Tonali struggled but the main issue was Krunic, who is just not good enough to play in a double pivot. Absence of Ibra was big as well of course, they couldn't get the ball out quickly to the forwards with long balls. Leao was great against sassuolo so of course tonight he was dogshite

Hauge really good when he came on, Kalulu looks good and Theo is an absolute monster.

Game changed first with the 2-0, and then again with the subs. Inzaghi threw it away

Also lazio's second goal deserves a gif. Gem of a pass by Milinkovic
Didn't see the game but I've been told this by multiple people who saw it.

Did see the highlights and Milan's penalty for 2-0 was bonkers, it's exactly the stuff that shouldn't stand now that we have VAR

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Milan's penalty was fine, pretty clear by the rules in fact

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Sad to see Torino bottom, conceded in 93rd minute at Napoli. They had an exciting team under Mihajlovic but it's all fizzled out and the team looks really average now bar Belotti who's still trying his best. Just seen who their manager is aswell... :nervous:

Khalif_20

Do you think Juve can come back to this league and win the title or is it going to be complicated?
Not unless they make 1 or 2 marquee signings in January. Too many average players in key positions for them.
If Juve sign Paul in January they're winning the league 100%. Imagine PP playing his precise killer balls to CR7... Defensively they only need to drop washed up Bonucci for Demiral and they're set for a decade, him and De Ligt as the CB pair.

Problems are in midfield, McKennie will be world class but the rest are completely average - Bentancur, Arthur, Ramsey or Rabiot are Everton/West Ham level. Paul will solve this weakness.

MrEleson

Bull.Crap.

Their competition is milan and inter
Milan and inter both have better full-backs than Juve, which are obviously key in Pirlo's system. Cuadrado has been useful (although prone to brain farts) but Sandro on the other side is useless going forward while their other options (chiesa) is better on the right; (Bernardeschi & Fabrotta) are below average players. Their midfield options are not better than Inter's (imo). Completely average players. In attack, Dybala has done absolutely nothing this season and actually cost them points in games (against Benevento & Lazio).

The only thing stopping them from being Inter level quality wise is maybe De Ligt at the back and CR7 upfront because their team is utterly average. Milan are obviously a bit worse but I think the true challengers are inter.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Do you think Juve can come back to this league and win the title or is it going to be complicated?
They obviously can. They've won it, what, 8 years in a row and have the players to do it. And Inter and Milan are not great opponents either. But it's a question of the team and manager performing. I'd like to see Milan winning it. Too big a club to be as irrelevant as they have been.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Milan and inter both have better full-backs than Juve, which are obviously key in Pirlo's system. Cuadrado has been useful (although prone to brain farts) but Sandro on the other side is useless going forward while their other options (chiesa) is better on the right; (Bernardeschi & Fabrotta) are below average players. Their midfield options are not better than Inter's (imo). Completely average players. In attack, Dybala has done absolutely nothing this season and actually cost them points in games (against Benevento & Lazio).

The only thing stopping them from being Inter level quality wise is maybe De Ligt at the back and CR7 upfront because their team is utterly average. Milan are obviously a bit worse but I think the true challengers are inter.
Yeah, i repeat. Bull.Crap.

Ladron de redcafe

Yeah, i repeat. Bull.Crap.
I agree. Juventus have the best team in seria A by far. The question is whether they can weather the storm and stay within touching distance of the top spot until they regain their form. They really ought to win the title again, and I really feel that they will (as will PSG who -like Juventus - have started slow in their league)

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Disclaimer: I haven’t watched Seria A this season.
Are Juve doing a „Kovac“ under Pirlo? As in a coach out of his depths dragging a team slowly down to his level?

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Well according to the most important italian bookmakers, Inter are clear favourite to win Scudetto:

(I covered the name of the betting sites as I don't know if it violates the "advertising" rule of this forum)

AC Milan have similar odds as Juventus. I have the feeling that it will be a race between us and Juventus though, Inter will find a way to not win it..

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Disclaimer: I haven’t watched Seria A this season.
Are Juve doing a „Kovac“ under Pirlo? As in a coach out of his depths dragging a team slowly down to his level?
Hard to say, in a season like this

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
How is Inter's squad better than Milan's?
They have more big names, but the squad looks bloated and better than it actually is like the Milan of the last decade.

Strikers
Milan: Ibra, Rebic, Leao, Colombo
Inter: Lukaku, Lautaro, Sanchez, Pinamonti

Inter's thinner if anything. They play with a front 2, whereas Milan play with a lone striker. They both have an academy product as the only other natural CF, besides their star man, which is less than ideal.

Attacking midfield & wingers
Milan: Rebic, Hakan, Leao, Saelemaekers, Castillejo, Hauge, Brahim Diaz
Inter: Perisic, Sensi, Barella, Eriksen

Both are great imo. Hard to compare since the teams play with different systems and need different type of players.

Defensive & box-to-box midfielders
Milan: Kessie, Bennacer, Tonali, Krunic
Inter: Brozovic, Vidal, Nainggolan, Gagliardini

This is Milan's thinnest area imo, but it's only one backup defensive midfielder away from being complete. That could be fixed in the winter transfer window.
Inter only have Brozovic capable of anchoring that midfield. Nainggolan and Vidal are past it, and the former seem to be mainly a nuisance for the club.

Centre-backs
Milan: Kjaer, Romagnoli, Gabbia, Kalulu, Musacchio, Duarte
Inter: Skriniar, de Vrij, Kolarov, Bastoni, Rannochia

This looked like another area where Milan might suffer, but Gabbia and Kalulu have stepped up during the injury crisis.
Inter have 3 high quality defenders, but they also deploy 3 at the same time. I'm counting Skriniar among those high quality defenders even though he's clearly struggling in the 3 man backline.

Wing and full backs
Milan: Hernandez, Calabria, Dalot, Conti, Kalulu
Inter: Young, Hakimi, Darmian, D'Ambrosio, Kolarov

Both are more than fine in this area.

Overall I think both have deep squads. Inter's are more experienced, whereas Milan seem to have a better team morale.

I think Inter will win it in the end. Not because they have a better squad, but because of the early exit out of European competitions, and seemingly having more luck with injuries. Both get injuries, but Milan seem to be specifically getting the best players injured. If Inter have Lukaku, de Vrij, Barella, Brozovic, Hakimi and Bastoni out at the same time then I don't think they would've handled it as well as Milan have been doing lately, without Ibra, Bennacer, Kjaer, Gabbia and at times Kessie, Hernandez and Rebic.

Last edited:

Raredaredevil

Ridiculous odds for a team that has won it 8 times in a row and clearly supposed to be the best team in Italy. Not sure if it is because of a lack of motivation now or their opponents have stepped up. Juventus has been very beatable these days. I still won't be surprised if they come back to win the Scudetto. I might just put a bet on it, odds are too good.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
Ridiculous odds for a team that has won it 8 times in a row and clearly supposed to be the best team in Italy. Not sure if it is because of a lack of motivation now or their opponents have stepped up. Juventus has been very beatable these days. I still won't be surprised if they come back to win the Scudetto. I might just put a bet on it, odds are too good.
They have literally a beginner as coach. Zero experience.

No way they can gain 10 points on Inter and Milan with him at the helm.
It will be extremely difficult even if he's replaced by a proper coach.