Italian Serie A - 2021-2022

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Without the CL distraction, and with a favorable schedule, Inter will cruise to their 20th scudetto in spite of Inzaghi’s overcautious approach. After that, an eventful Summer awaits (ownership puzzle, squad rejuvenation).

Atalanta’s majority stake was officially traded to an American consortium led by Steve Pagliuca, the co-owner of the Boston Celtics, with the current management and technical staff expected to carry on. What’s interesting here is the club valuation at €500m, which is insane for such a small, family-owned venture, if you consider their annual base earnings (less than €100m, without their remunerative players trading) and their limited, local appeal. It is said Pagliuca’s fund wants an operative office in the rich Lombardy region and Atalanta Bergamo comes in handy.

Pintu

It’s very tight everywhere. Lazio has a chance to go fifth. And tomorrow Napoli can go top of table with Milan.

ti vu

Milan shot themselves in the foot now. Can't put pressure on Inter now until Inter's consecutive tougher games come. Now Inter can even play for draw against Fiorentina and Juventus if they can get victories in their next 4 games. Milan played Napoli before those 2 mentioned games, too.
Stupid me.

:lol:

Inter kept the race wide open with this result.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I keep looking at Juventus and thinking they may end up winning the league still. Even if it seems unlikely.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I keep looking at Juventus and thinking they may end up winning the league still. Even if it seems unlikely.
Allegri is reverting to his mind numbing catenaccio, our best players are all injured at this critical time again and Villareal will thump us tomorrow in the CL. Therefore, thanks… I’d gladly accept a CL spot if offered right now.

ti vu

Spalletti is the ultimate nearly manager, isn't he? I know Inter, Juventus, Milan all dropped points this week. I just feel disappointed for Napoli keep slipping at key moment, and not able to put themselves in better position in title race.

Pintu

Roma and Milan getting very different return for the work they’ve been doing.

Genoa by far the worst.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So have Inter with their 0-0 draw against Genoa. Somehow, Napoli are still in the race despite their recent struggles. This race will go down to the wire; I can feel it.

ti vu

Spalletti is the ultimate nearly manager, isn't he? I know Inter, Juventus, Milan all dropped points this week. I just feel disappointed for Napoli keep slipping at key moment, and not able to put themselves in better position in title race.
Feck me.

I can't get nothing right in this thread :nervous:

Napoli has a chance to get back into this now. And Juventus has an outside chance with the top 3 teams still have tricky games to play, and their form is not really that good at the moment.

Can't be so wrong for the third time I hope

Pintu

Milan lost 2 points because of this goal. VAR didn't consider it an "obvious error".

CraftySoAndSo

Feck me.

I can't get nothing right in this thread :nervous:

Napoli has a chance to get back into this now. And Juventus has an outside chance with the top 3 teams still have tricky games to play, and their form is not really that good at the moment.

Can't be so wrong for the third time I hope
At this rate Juve are gonna catch up and win the title. Unlikely but would be hilarious.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Juve did well to see that out.

he'll get praise for his goals, but Vlahovic's general play is so good, too. Works hard out of possession on top of that. He's breathed new life into this team, which was to be expected. Saw him a fair bit when watching Fiorentina for Ribery, Castrovilli, Amrabat, etc, and all I can say is I'm happy Arsenal didn't get him.

Pintu

A quite entertaining game between Lazio and Napoli and 3 great goals. Napoli is now back to the top of the table.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Milan 57
Napoli 57
Inter 55
Juventus 50

Next week: Napoli v Milan so potentially 58-58-58-53..
Everything is open and Juventus are still in the race given an easier calendar compared to the other three

Red4Ever

Cork; home of Cantwell, Irwin, Keane and Vidic-wel
Milan 57
Napoli 57
Inter 55
Juventus 50

Next week: Napoli v Milan so potentially 58-58-58-53..
Everything is open and Juventus are still in the race given an easier calendar compared to the other three
Atalanta 50 too if they win their games in hand (unlikely)

this was a big win for Napoli hope they can make the breakthrough

Yagami

Good post resistant
I always enjoy reading Arthur's thread on Juventuz. Some - not all - are finally realising how important he is, but the sheer hate and general underrating of him in general before on there was amusing to read.

Since joining Juve, the percentage of games won with Arthur starting must be close to 90%. Without him, they lose a lot more.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I always enjoy reading Arthur's thread on Juventuz. Some - not all - are finally realising how important he is, but the sheer hate and general underrating of him in general before on there was amusing to read.

Since joining Juve, the percentage of games won with Arthur starting must be close to 90%. Without him, they lose a lot more.
Mate, stop banging this drum: he is utterly sh*te, an indifferent futsal player at best. ;) He might be come better for Arsenal’s playing style and expectations, though, same as Bentancur and Kulusevski now doing better at Spurs.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Mate, stop banging this drum: he is utterly sh*te, an indifferent futsal player at best. ;) He might be come better for Arsenal’s playing style and expectations, though, same as Bentancur and Kulusevski now doing better at Spurs.
I'll bang this drum forever and ever!

Though, with Vlahovic joining, he's no longer your most important player. He's your second most important! :D

Lay

Roma beat Atalanta, 3 points behind 4th but have played a game more

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Tammy Abraham is currently one of the best players in the league.

Don't know if its the league or the player though...

Anyways the guy is really progressing well. Good all round game and top class attitude.

Absolutely love his mentality. Left England, went to a foreign country and adopted very well. Good season for him.

Pintu

Best players in the league is a stretch. He is not Roma’s best player to begin with.

BorisManUtd

If they just had couple of more points, I'd fancy Juventus to win the title. Next season though, it should be theirs again.

Pintu

Juventus keeps taking points and might make top 3. But Inter seems to be back to a better level with Lautaro scoring and Barella running the show.

I think Inter will win it after all.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Milan's CB pair is light. With Romagnoli apparently staying and Kjaer coming back i'm not so sure they desperately need Botman - think midfield and striker should be higher priorities - but damn. Can't see how they can keep Napoli at bay here, Osihmen is feasting on every physical duel and high balls

Tomori is great but i get why Chelsea let him go and Southgate doesn't seem to consider him much. He's really too lightweight for the PL

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Like the look of this Napoli side
Zielinski has always been pretty highly rated.

Milan's CB pair is light. With Romagnoli apparently staying and Kjaer coming back i'm not so sure they desperately need Botman - think midfield and striker should be higher priorities - but damn. Can't see how they can keep Napoli at bay here, Osihmen is feasting on every physical duel and high balls

Tomori is great but i get why Chelsea let him go and Southgate doesn't seem to consider him much. He's really too lightweight for the PL
Tomori doesn't seem very complete. He's rapid but needs an imposing CB as his partner imo.

How highly do you rate Koulibaly btw? Since you have followed the league over the years.....

Used to hear a lot about the guy

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Tomori doesn't seem very complete. He's rapid but needs an imposing CB as his partner imo.
No, he's really really good. Just, weights like 75 Kgs wet....every big striker he comes up against outweights him by 10 kgs at least....but still, it's fine for Italy. The problem is when he has to play next to Kalulu who weights like 50 Kgs....

How highly do you rate Koulibaly btw? Since you have followed the league over the years....
Still one of the very best CBs around, fantastic player

Edit :nervous: :lol: (tbf it was more a great move by Giroud than a mistake, but still)

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Milan hanging on for dear life now

And they do. Back to first place, with tie-breaker over inter & in case of a 3-way tie

Last edited:

Pintu

Napoli keeps wasting their home games. I don’t see them coming back from this. It will be Milan vs Inter.

Lay

Yeah that’s Napoli done. When it truly matters, they forget how to play